Ms. Panda

Chocolate and Panda

            Ms. Panda

                      Chapter 1

 

 

HER POV

 

I’m Elle, half Japanese half Filipina. I lived in Japan since birth until I entered high school and transferred to an international school here in the Philippines. I’m just a ‘will-never-shine’ type of girl. I mean, I’m so ordinary, so typical, and nothing special, but that’s something I love about my beautiful perfect life.

 

Today’s the first day of the junior life, and just like the usual days, I would go to school an hour earlier and just sleep in the classroom until my loud bestfriend or Myung disturb my sleep.

 

I’m sleeping peacefully in our classroom until I smell something sweet, a very sweet scent; it smells like my favorite chocolate! I slowly open my eyes and look around the classroom but there’s no one in here yet. BUT I was surprised to see a bar of chocolate on my desk, and it has a note written on it.

 

“A present for a very cute P-A-N-D-A! Hope you like it! J”

 

All the neurons of curiosity run thorough out my whole body. I hurriedly grab the chocolate and rush to the door to see if someone is there but my sight was welcomed by emptiness. I wonder who gave me this chocolate. Tsk! Am I a panda? Do I look like a panda? Nevertheless,

 

“THANK YOU! I’ll eat this well!!” I shout at the emptiness of the corridors

“Yah!” Someone from behind tap my shoulders

びっくり!!” [bbikuri-shocked]

and when I turned my back, it was Myungsoo!

"are you crazy?" Myung ask curiously.

“Of course NO!”

 

This beautiful guy is my bestfriend’s boyfriend and we’ve been classmate since first year. He is a half Korean and Half Japanese that’s why the combination of the genes of his parents is very perfect. He’s very beautiful, handsome, and all! No, I’m not exaggerating. He’s the campus most handsome guy and he has a huge number of fans not only here but also in Korea and Japan. In fact he can easily debut as an idol but he has 0% interest about it. 

 

                “then who are you talking at!?”

                “I’m talking with Mr. Chocolate!”

                “You’re really insane Elle! Hahahahahaha! You know I’m willing to accompany you to a psychologist. Hahahaha!!” he said teasingly

                “It’s true! Look! Someone gave me this while I’m sleeping!” I brag about the chocolate

                “Hey! Maybe this is from Lee Minho!” I said with glittering eyes

                “ Yah right! As if Lee Minho knows you.” Myung said  with a very teasing voice

                “Shut up! And don’t break a fangirl’s heart!”

                “Fine Fine Ms. Panda!”

                “Stop calling me Panda! I’m not even close to a Panda! Geez! By the way where’s Eunna?

                “she has her usual first day of school sickness; laziness”

                “Eunna’s really stubborn!”

 

--------------------------------

 

 

                After school I decided to go to Eunna’s house. I’m very excited to tell her what happened to me this morning because this is just like a story in a fanfiction. Wherein I’m the ordinary girl but in Minho’s eyes I’m a beautiful princess.

 

                “Oh my god! It’s just so sweet Elle! Its destiny!” Eunna exclaimed

                “I think so too, I really want to meet Mr. Chocolate.” I said with a dreamy tone of voice

                “then go to school early again.”

                “yeah, I know that.”

 

                She’s Eunna, my bestfriend; though she’s a year younger than me and only a sophomore we always talk like we’re just at the same age. We’ve been bestfriend since childhood. Well, that’s sure is ‘destiny’ because even our parents are the best of friends. Unlike me who’s just a typical girl, Eunna is very pretty, sweet, and girly. She’s like a modern princess. Well, it runs through their family’s blood. She has three older brothers, Daehyun, Jinyoung and Jin. Those three can compete with Myung’s prince like face. Just like her boyfriend Myungsoo, she’s also very popular not only to boys but also to girls, but she doesn’t actually know how popular she is. That’s one thing I love about her.

 

---------------------------------

 

“Elle” ah.. its Myung’s voice. I slowly open my eyes and saw his face and then look around the classroom. The whole class is looking at me!! Even our prof!  Oops, the first subject has already started and I TOTALLY FELL ASLEEP!!!! Mission Failed *sigh*I didn’t saw Mr. Chocolate today.

 

“Good Morning Myung” I said and then scratch my head “Good Morning classmate, Good morning sir.” This incident is not the first time it happened to me, it’s the hundredth times, that’s why my classmate and our homeroom professor is kind of used to it already. BUT WAIT!

 

“ Hey Myung! Where’s the chocolate? The chocolate on my desk!?” I whispered to myung who sit right next to me.

“ do you really expect that someone will give you chocolates again!? You’re incredible Elle” Myung said mischievously

“ tsk! I hate you! Just say if there’s a chocolate or none!”

“Haha! I put it in your bag”

 

I instantly check my bag and saw my chocolate, and there’s a note on it again, saying:

                “Ms. Panda, do you really love sleeping that much?

                                                P.S thank you for making me smile again this morning”

 

Mr. Chocolate, *sighs* you know you’ve been occupying my whole mind since yesterday. I wonder who you are. You know curiosity may kill! It is so frustrating!! I’ve been thinking about Mr. Chocolate and I didn’t even notice that it’s already lunch break.

 

                “Elle, c’mon let’s eat lunch. Eunna’s already waiting at the cafeteria”

                “just go first, I’ll just return this book at the library”

                “make it quick OK!” Myung demanded

                “Yeeees Sir!”

 

                Libraries have its distinct aroma, for me it is the scent of knowledge and serenity. Once you enter a library, peace of mind will surely welcome and engulf you. That’s why I really love staying here alone at the library.

 

                After I just finish returning the book I borrowed and about to go leave the library, I saw someone passed out at the most inner corner of the library near the fire exit. What should I do!?? I shake him gently and tried to wake him up but it has no effect! OMO! Is he dead??? I shake him exaggeratedly and keep on calling him.

                “Hey!! Please wake up!! HEY!!!” I keep on shaking him until he finally move and stretch his arms and legs while yawning.

                “Why!?” He said with an irritated voice

                Oh! I’m sorry! I thought you just passed out or worst probably dead! I’m so sorry!!”

                After I apologized and explained, I bow three times at him and run away! Gosh! This day is so embarrassing.

 

                “Hey what took you so long Elle?’Eunna said with a pout

                “Sorry, something happened. C’mon let’s eat now” I said

                “What happened?” Myung asked

I told them what just happened earlier at the library and they both burst out laughing.

 

                But the guy earlier, he’s beautiful. He’s very long legged and his lips are rosy and pouty, it looks so y. And I find his messy wavy hair very charismatic, his eyes is very alluring, and to top it all, I notice that he has seven piercings on his left ear, I believe that it is not allowed in this school. He’s like a bad boy prince.

 

                While we’re eating three students from the next table caught our attention.

                “Hey! Have you seen the new transferee guy!?”

                “Yes! Yes! I saw him at the corridors this morning!? And he’s SOOOO handsome~~” the second girl exclaimed with a faint voice

                “I wonder what will happen if Myungsoo and this transferee guy met~~?”

                “Kyaaaaaa~!! It’s like a clash of pretty faces. Can’t wait for that moment.”

 

                And now back to us…

                “ooooh~ so here comes Myung’s rival” I said teasingly

                “Hahaha! I wonder what he looks like” Eunna said

                “Yah! Eunna! What if that transferee guy is more handsome than me??”

                “and then…?”

                “I’m afraid…. That you’ll replace me with him.” Myung said with a puppy eyes

                “Geez! Just so you know, I fell in love with your personality and your attitude, your looks is just a bonus.” Myung bit his lips and look down at the ground after hearing Eunna’s side, its Myung’s habit every time he becomes shy or embarrassed.

 

----------------------------

               

 

                As usual I’m going home again a bit late. No, I don’t have any club nor a part of student council, the reason why I’m going home alone today is because I end up falling asleep again on a secret place where Eunna and Myung can’t find me. *sigh*

                I stand in front of the school and open my panda umbrella and started to walk. I’m walking alone in the midst of the quiet street. Only the sound of the rain together with the singing frogs can be heard. It magically turned my feeling lighter… I’m smiling now like an idiot, but who cares I’m alone… and I really love this feelings. It seems that every hate turns to love, every suspicion turns to trust, and every complaint turns to satisfaction.

                While I’m walking I saw someone on the waiting shed and he’s looking at me. I’m about to ignore him, but looking closely he seems familiar. I just can’t remember where or when have I seen this guy.

 

                “Ah…” I stop in front of him as I realized who is he…He’s the library guy.. why do we need to meet again!? This is so awkward…. Maybe he’s mad at me because I exaggeratedly disturb his sleep. Oh my~~~ he’s staring intensely at me?? What should I do? What should I say?

 

                “H…Hi?” I said out of panic… and he’s still staring at me.         

                “Do…do you want to share umbrella?” Wait! Why did I say that!? Of course he don’t! Idiot!

               

                I was busy arguing with myself when suddenly he grabbed my umbrella. All of a sudden, we were very close to each other… I look up at him, and he’s………..blushing?

 

                “I hope you don’t mind?” He said while looking away at me

                “It’s Ok.” And we continued walking

 

Magically, it seems that the time is running so slow…or… we’re just walking slowly??? He smells like… *sniffs*sniffs* He smells chocolate! He smells so sweet …Can I eat him? No, maybe not,  Hehehe.

 

                “By the way, I’m so sorry for disturbing your sleep.” I said to break the silence

                “it’s Ok”

                “Where are you heading off?”

                “just  there” he answered with a very low voice

                “what do you mean ‘just there’?” I asked but he didn’t answer me back. Yeah, it’s none of my business! The silence engulfs the two of us again. We’re walking very slowly and it feels like there’s no end!

 

                “Meow! Meow!”

 

                I stop walking as I heard a kitten’s voice. I look around to find the kitten.

                “Did you hear that?” I ask him

                “Yes. its right there” He points a box of kitten. Poor kittens! They’re drenched!

 

                We both run towards the box. Awww poor kittens! I look up at him and then to the umbrella signaling him that we should just give up the umbrella for the sake of the poor innocent kittens. He didn’t get what I mean so I just grabbed the umbrella and put it on the box and quickly pick the largest leaf I saw near the box. The leaf can cover our heads as long as we stay close as we can, it’s better than being  soaked at all. We both hold into the leaf as we run together to find a nearby shed.

 I can see people looking at us, Yeah! I know we both look stupid but I don’t care less this is FUN~!

                We finally found a waiting shed. We’re both wet except for our heads. Thanks to Kappa for letting us borrow his umbrella. Hehehehe

 

                “Sorry…” I said

                “It’s Ok, its fun anyways…”

                “Yeah, it’s fun! Let’s do this again sometime! Hahahaha!” he didn’t answer back nor laugh nor smile. Maybe he doesn’t like me afterall.

                I’m drying myself up with my handkerchief when I notice that he’s staring at my handkerchief. Ooops! I forgot about him… it is my fault after all that he’s this wet. I feel so guilty so I offered my handkerchief though I’m not yet done drying myself and it is already a bit wet. He took my handkerchief and dries himself. After some minutes the rain finally stop.

 

                “It finally stops!!” I said energetically while stretching my arms

                “I’m going! Bye! Sorry for the trouble.” I continue and then run away without even looking back at him.

 

------------------------------------------------------

                “おはよう Elle!” [Ohayou-Good Morning] Myungsoo greeted me happily

                “おはよう。Myung” I answered back with a sigh

                “Why?”

                “I don’t have a chocolate today” I said while pouting

                “Hahahahaha! So your luck runs out now!?”

                “Yeah right it’s very funny Myung!”

 

                And all of a sudden the quiet morning corridors were filled by the screaming girls, they’re like a mad fangirls! We both look in the corridors and there’s MR LIBRARY GUY!? What is he doing here??? Hope he’s not looking for me.

 

                “Hnnn, so he’s the transferee guy huh? Quiet tall…” Myung said like he’s picking up a fight with a smirk on his face

                “Hey Elle! He’s looking for you! Are you guys acquaintances?” A classmate of mine said

                “How’d you know that it is me he’s looking for?”  I ask curiously. How’d he know my name and my classroom?

                “He asked me to call a girl named Elle! You’re so lucky to be friends with Myungsoo and him!”

 

                When I confront him, I can feel the beaming eyes of the fangirls shooting right at my back. If they have a gun I’m probably dead right now with a hundred shots on my body, Grrrr Scary!

 

                “Hi” I said awkwardly

                “Thank you for this.” And he gave me back my handkerchief “so your name is E-Elle?”  He continues while blushing? BLUSHING? Why is he blushing? Did he catch a cold because of yesterday?

                “How’d you know?” I ask curiously

                “It’s written there on your handkerchief”

                “Ah! So what’s yours?” I asked with a full friendliest smile. He was staring at me again and his cheeks become cherry-red.

                “Su—Sungyeol.” He said without looking at me. What’s wrong with this guy? I can’t even calculate what he is thinking. Why is he like that?

                “yesterday….” he said with a cracky low-tone voice.

                “huh?”

                “let’s do it again.”  he said while covering his shaking lips, but this time he’s looking at me timidly. Aaaahhh! He’s shy! Hahahaha! I can’t help it, I have to laugh! I’m such an idiot for not realizing it sooner.

                “Hahahaha! Sure, no problem! Nice to meet you Sungyeol-ah!” and I offer my hands for a friendly shake hands. But he just stare at my hands for a seconds and then ran away without even saying goodbye. Ooops! Did I read his mind wrong? Did I offend him? Another epic failness! *faceplam*.

 

------End of first Chapter