I'm Waiting..

I'm Waiting..

Taeyeon’s POV.

“Taetae! Guess what???”, Tiffany barged into my room, and I can see her excitedness. She is my bestfriend, my neighbour and we had been friends since we were five when her family moved in the next house of mine. It was almost 20 years ago.

“Yah Tippani! Calm down. And what is it?”

“I’m...getting...MARRIED!!”, she shouted right in my ears.

Mar—married? Did I heard it wrong?

“With whom?”

“Silly. Of course with the love of my life, Taecyeon! He just proposed me!!”

“Oh.. Congrats!”, I said, and I hugged her. I faked my smile.

“Taetae, I have to go. I have to tell my family. Be honoured Tae, I told you first! Hihi. Goodbye Taetae, I love you!”, she said and kissed my cheek the she leave.

I love you too,Tippani. If only you know how much I love you..

Yes, I love her. I realised that I fell in love with her when we were 14, but I would never told her. She’s straight. Until we were 19, she met Taecyeon. I just can love her from afar. Tippani.. I love you..

Wedding day.

 I can see her smiling to ears. She was happy that day. Everyone congratulate them, including me. Tippani asked me to be her bridesmaid, but I told her that I have work to do later that day, means I’m leaving early. I can see her disappointment, but I promised that I will attend her wedding. She nodded and here I was, her wedding day.

I can’t look at them. I was hurting inside. I can’t stop my tears from falling. I stood up and went outside of the church, but right before I stepped outside, I heard her saying the most unwanted words that I hoped will never came out from except for me, that was ‘I do”.

They lived in a new house, a few blocks from mine. Thank God, my company sent me to another state, and I moved out from the neighbourhood. I didnt even told her, my heart ached whenever I see them happy and walked with interwined hands. Goodbye, Tippani. I will always love you.

///

Three years later.

It had been three years since the last time I saw her. She did contacted me, infact she will give me text messages almost everyweek. I rarely replied her, I just want to forget her. Yes, I didnt change my phone number purposely for business matters. That was the reason why she can contact me. When she found out that I moved out without telling her, she was mad and I ignored her. Little did I know, she was still kept contacting me and I can do nothing about it.

Saturday morning. While I was watching television, my phone vibrated.

From: Tippani

Taetae, let’s meet. I need to talk to someone. Meet me at Soshi Cafe near your aparment at 12pm.

I dont know why, but I have the feeling that I have to reply this. Wait. She knew where I lived now? I’ll ask her later, and I replied her.

To:Tippani

Okay, I’ll be right there.

 I looked at my watch. Its 11am. One hour to go, and I get my shower and dressed up. This will be our first meet since three years ago.

It was 11.50am, I stood up in front of the cafe’s door. Through the glass window, I could see her waiting for me. Her face was gloomy. She had changed her hair, from a brunette short hair to totally black-long hair. I walked towards her.

“Tippani?”

“Taetae!” she squealed and hugged me. I was stiff.

She didnt let me go from her hugged. Then I felt my shoulder wet. I heard her sobbed.  She was.. crying?

“Tippani.. What’s wrong?”, I asked and led her to her seat back. I sat across her.

“I’m.. I’m divorced”, she replied, looking down.

The atmosphere was awkward. I didnt know what to say.

She held my right hand.

“Don’t you wanna know why, Tae?” she asked me.

My mouth agape. I was speechless.

“Ask me, Kim Taeyeon. Please?”, she pleaded.

“Wh—why?”, I gulped.

“He divorced me. He said I never loved him. He said I’m in love with someone else!”

Huge silent.

“But it was true”, she continued.

“You.. you’re meeting someone else behind him?”, I was in a huge shocked.

“No,not literally. I thought he was the one who I’m in love with. But then I realised that I’m in love with someone else.”

What the? This is totally her fault.

“Tippani.. he is your husb--” as I want to told her, she cut mine by saying:

“That person is you, Taetae. When I’m with him, I dont feel the love like when I’m with you. I realised that he is not the person that I loved the most. He knows that I love you, Taetae. That is why he let me go..And.. He is the one who searched where do you live now.. He wants me to find you. To tell you how much I love you..”

Once again, I was in a huge shocked. Was she just confessed to me? And Taecyeon was the one who searched for me and told her I lived here?

“Taetae.. I’m so sorry. I was too blind then. I know you have fallen in love with me back then..” she said with teary eyes.

“Correction, Tippani. I still love you..”, I said. My eyes was teary.

I can see her smile formed on her face as she looked straight into my eyes.

“And...” I continued.

“And what, Taetae?” she gave me her eyesmile that I missed so much and held my hand.

“And for three years I’ve been waiting for you to be..” I smiled. I loved to .

“What Taetae?? You know how to tease me dont you!”, she tapped my hand. I chuckled.

“And for three years I’ve been waiting for you to be a.. WIDOWER!”, I let my ahjumma laugh out.

“And I thought this will never happen.

“Yah Taetae! Are you serious? Oh my God, I cant believe this”, I heard her laughed. The laugh that I longed for three years. I bursted into laughter too.

“But Taetae..Thanks for still loving me. Thanks for waiting for me.. and thanks for--”

Before she finished her talk, I kissed her lips. The kiss that I wish was mine since we were teen.

“Shh. I love you, Tippani..”

“I love you too, Taetae”, and we locked our lips again.

“Err Tippani-ah.. Let’s continue this at my place..”, I whispered to her ears.

She chuckled.

“Ah.. Byuntae!”, she playfully slapped my cheek and I interwined our hands, leading her to my apartment.