REGRET (Part 1)

BEAST Fanfics Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Regret. One word that describes a feeling of sadness about something sad or wrong or about a mistake that you have made, and a wish that it could have been different and better. Regret. The thing that always comes late. Regret. Why does this word have to exist? No, it’s not about the word. It’s about the feeling. Regret. Something that I feel after he’s gone. Forever…  

Doojoon POV

“Eomma… Appa…” my brother cried in front of the graves of our parents. They passed away due to the accident. They left us. My brother and me. I just had my 12th birthday two weeks ago and my brother is still 5. It’s all now on my responsibility. Take care of my brother, the only family left. It will be hard, but I have to be strong. My brother is too young to face the life alone. He needs me.

 

10 years later…

“Hyung! Odiseo?” Dongwoon entered the house.

“Dongwoon-ah, I’m here…” Doojoon answered from the workshop. Dongwoon was half running to go to the place. He’s so excited today.

“Hyung…!” Dongwoon hugged the older when he saw him doing his work.

“Ya, Dongwoon! Let go, you could ruin the painting.”

Dongwoon then pulled off his hug. “Mianhae, hyung..” Dongwoon pouted. Doojoon felt a bit guilty. He was doing the ordered painting and the deadline was tomorrow. He should finish it today. That’s why he’s in tense.

“Dongwoon-ah, mian.” Doojoon moved his seat and went to Dongwoon’s side. “Hmm, I think today the school shows the students’ mark. How is it?”

“Hyung, here’s my result.” Dongwoon gave a paper to his hyung.

Doojoon scanned through the whole paper. “History, pass. P.E, pass. Korean language, pass. English, pass.” Doojoon smiled. “Science, pass. Mathematics… D- ???” The smile was gone from Doojoon’s face. He saw his brother. Dongwoon eyes were full of worries and fear. Dongwoon knew he shouldn’t fail at any subject. His brother wouldn’t allow it. He tried his best, but math was so difficult. The numbers and mathematical signs always messed up in his mind. He couldn’t do it right. But his brother didn’t take any excuses. If you failed, just took the consequences.

Dongwoon saw his brother took a step closer to him. Doojoon was smiling.

“Dongwoon-ah, you are doing well in most of the subjects. And I’m glad you get A+ for English. But you also know I don’t like the person who makes the mistake twice, right?” Dongwoon nodded. “And you know that doing a mistake worse than before is the thing that I hate so much?” “N-n-ne, hyung.” Dongwoon stuttered. “So, you know what is the consequence, right?” Dongwoon couldn’t answer anymore. He just looked at the floor. His hands were trembling. “Hyung, mianhae. Mianhae, hyung. I will do better for the next term. Please, forgive me, hyung…” Dongwoon broke in tears. He held hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter