Venice Beach(2)

Taste my love

"Wow wow wow~" Yong Guk clapped, impressed as we return back to where they were standing at.

“Ugh shut up dude.” I groaned as I buried my head in ByungHun’s chest, clearly regretting.

“Oppa,, it’s okay.” Jiyeon comforted as she pat my back soothingly. “You just got your powers back plus it’s a fact that Niel was about to be attacked by them. We won’t blame you for losing your temper.”

“B-but, did you see him? He was clearly terrified! He must’ve thought I’m such a monster.

“But you are a monster, ChanHee.” Minzy shrugged nonchalantly.

“Minzy, that totally ain’t helping.” EunJi rolled her eyes at Minzy.

“But really, vampires are scary. They are so ruthless it’s kinda disturbing…” Ricky commented, lowering his volume a little.

“Do you think I’m scary?” ChangJo asked as he look Ricky in the eyes.

“A-aniyo!” Ricky denied as he furrowed his brows.

“Then do you think Byunghun hyung is scary?”

“Ani?”

“Then… ChanHee hyung..?”

There was no immediate reply from hesitant Ricky. The only sound that could be heard was the sound of the water clashing onto the sand.

“Actually…” Ricky finally replied after thinking for a while, “To be honest, I’m not afraid of ChanHee hyung at all…”

I let out a sigh of relief as Ricky directed his eyes to me.

“B-but hyung, why were you so angry?”

That’s the question that got to me. Why was I so angry when that guy tried to hit Niel? Is it because we’re friends? I don’t really feel this way though… Why did I…

“I’m sorry. Can you excuse me for a while? I needa take a breather.”

All of them nodded their heads slowly as I leave ByungHun’s side and started walking along the shore. I walked and walked till I invaded the human territory… The area full of lively human-beings.

I was so envy of them. They did not have to worry about their identity, how people will freak because they’re all human-beings… They did not have to control their thirst, the urge to just run up to someone and them so dry that they die. They did not have to confine themselves in this huge school that looks like a huge mansion. They did not have to control their inhumane strength because… Well they  just don’t have inhumane strength. They did not have to worry about how standing under the sun for too freaking long will probably kill you. They’re just so free and so carefree… It makes me think back and miss my past.

I continued walking till the other end of the beach (which was kinda deserted) until I spot someone kneeling by the palm tree, looking out to the sea.

The guy looked sad, way too sad and he just somehow looks like he’s being strangled by the string of life. He didn’t seemed like other humans who’re just having their own fun at the beach. He seemed distant…

I walked up to him slowly and soon finally came to a stop in front of him. He looked up and saw me, smiling warmly at him.

“Who’re you?” He asked, squinting his eyes a little to get a closer view.

“My name is Lee ChanHee, what’s yours?”

“… Tae Joo… Leonardo Kim Tae Joo…”

“You’re Korean?”

“No. I’m half Korean.”

“Oh. Sure sure.” I smiled widely and I settle down beside him.

“So, why are you so sad?”

He looked at me, debating whether to tell me or not. He looked down several times but looked up at me from time to time.

He wasn’t bad-looking, to be honest. Maybe a little makeover will do the thing. His eyes were big but not popping out. His eyelashes were fairly long and he had thin and curvy lips which kinda suit his face. His nose was nicely shaped and it was sharp. His cheekbones were fine too, I bet he looks good when he smiles. But somehow, he hid all his amazing feature behind those thick and ugly spectacles which is HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED FOR HIM.

“I…” He finally started after minutes of thinking. “I don’t think you’ll believe me but… I can see… Those things…”

“What things?”

“You know… Ghost.” He looked pale and terrified.

“Oh… Ghost huh… I somehow believe it though…” I said, convincingly. Ghost huh… Everybody that looks at Niel will be looking at a ghost so it’s no surprise actually.

“No! I meant… Those ghosts that comes back for revenge… The bad ones…” he said, almost like a whisper.

Evil spirits is definitely new to me and to be honest, I’ll love to see them actually. I nodded my head in acknowledgement, excited to meet a new type of ghost aside from those idiotic and annoying ghosts.

“You see…” He pointed to an edge of the sea. “That girl kneeling there…”

Wow! I didn’t noticed her before though.

“She died in the sea. Someone drowned her.”

I looked at him, wide-eyed and surprised.

“Wait wait wait! You know how a ghost dies?!”

He nodded his head slowly while I stood up and ran towards the girl. I tapped her on the shoulder as she look at me with sad eyes, her hair and body dripping wet. Her face was too pale to be a human. She widen her eyes when she saw me and immediately backed off.

“Y-you…!”

“Hey hey! You drowned here?!”

She nodded, still surprised to see me. Her eyes widened even more when Tae Joo stood beside me, both equally surprised.

“Y-you..! He’s a human!” She bellowed and looked at me in disbelief.

“Mmhmm… So? I knew that.”

She glared at Tae Joo then back at me.

“Why are you, a royal hanging out with a lowly human. You should hang out with your own kind or maybe other royals! We are immortals! Not like these lowly weaklings!”

“I know you pabo!” I knock her on her head lightly as she winced in pain and pouted at me.

“Luisa, you should totally come back to M High you know.”

She looked at me, her face plastered with a ‘are you kidding’ expression.

“No way in hell.”

“Luisa!!!!” Someone shouted from behind me and Niel came unconsciously floating towards her as Byunghun walked beside him in his normal pace (which is too fast… Way too fast).

“H-H-H-He’s f-f-floating!!!” Tae Joo shrieked and went weak on the knees as he collapsed.

“Niel!” I yelled at him for making such a grave mistake. Niel immediately stopped and looked at TaeJoo with shocked eyes and gapping mouth.

“Holy …” he whispered to himself.

Luisa sighed and shook her head, face-palming herself while shaking. I did the same too as Byunghun stood next to me. I squat down in front of Tae Joo and looked at him with serious eyes.

“Tae Joo, since you already saw that, I’m just gonna be frank with you but please don’t freak okay.”

He nodded hurriedly as he look at me back with wide eyes.

“This man here,” I pointed at Byunghun, “And me myself, we are vampires.”

I stopped after saying that to allow Tae Joo to digest. Tae Joo blinked in surprise and looked at me, shocked but he didn’t ran away.

“This idiot, is a ghost and so is this woman here. We all knew this ghost woman here since we all attended M High, a school in Korea. She was one of my mother’s friend’s daughter actually.”

He looked at me with wide and kinda fascinated eyes.

“And, I would love you to join us at M High as I’m quite interested in your ability to see evil spirits.”

He nodded excitedly and beamed. Guess he’s enrolling in.

I stood up and nodded to Byunghun.

“So, we’ll be taking our leaves first.” Byunghun said as he bowed and left with Luisa and Niel.

While walking, Byunghun asked me why did I invite Tae Joo to our school as he clearly knew me being interested in his ty power to see evil spirits is just fake.

“Well… I have this feeling that he ain’t as simple as we think he is… He’s kinda like a monster in disguise to me but I can’t confirm that because well, I have no proof but we’ll observe him when he comes to M High.”

Byunghun nodded, pouting his lips a little as he took my hand in his and started walking slowly.

The sun was slowly setting already as the orange sunlight lit our faces.

It hurts but I guess, it was kinda worth it.

It was such a beautiful sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tae Joo's an OC ^^ I love the name you see~ Sorry this chapter don't make sense because I'm trying to cover up that super disturbing chapter 18 with this. I'm sure this will get you guys thinking again.

Is Tae Joo inhuman ? :O

What is Tae Joo? :O

HELL I DON'T KNOW YET