A Little Change

| Girlfriend's Cousin |

| Girlfriend's Cousin |

23: A Little Change

Could he ever feel more bad? He made Jae Mi cry... and he wasn't there to comfort her or talk to her about it... Fix their problem and such. But he was just there to be a jerk who didn't consider her feelings thoroughly and narrowmindedly focus on his trouble feelings. It hurts him.

Why? Because he knows very well... he loves her. Hurting her hurts him. He loves her that's the truth. There was no denying it anymore. He's a fool, a damn fool, who fell in love so miserably at his girlfriend's cousin.

But he was too late. He can't leave Go Reum now... Go Reum will be hurt and Jae Mi wouldn't be happy about it. Everything else would be awkward. And Go Reum really loves him now. She's counting and relying on him... He must take responsibility. 

But... he loves Jae Mi. 

Another week passed... and the Spring School Festival is coming up. Jae Mi has distant himself from Jimin, just like he wanted but they would still interact just a little. Some rumors have been going around... talking about how the two closest... sometimes mistaken couple -well used to be mistaken- Jimin and Jae Mi... if not her and V, have broken off their friendship or some crappy drama is going on. 

Many have guessed that perhaps Go Reum has taken some jealousy over the two's relationship and it caused some crisis... these people are the smarties drama watchers. 

It was true and it is. 

While the class president continues on with the decision-making for their class event for the upcoming school festival, Jimin couldn't just take his eyes off Jae Mi. Well, of course... he wants to go back to the way it was... and also because V and him talked... along with Jeong Guk.

[Flashback]

"Dude," Taehyung kicked Jimin on the knee. Jimin, who was so in daze, dropped his snack and looked up to Taehyun, who has his arms crossed. "Where's Go Reum?" 

Jimin looked up with a dumbfounded look and looked around. Taehyung heavily sigh, "Where's Go Reum, you're known girlfriend?" Jimin finally wakes up. 

"Oh," Jimin finally said, "She's studying in the library with some friends. Why?" 

Taehyung sat next to him, "She's not here to distract you from thinking about the person you really love." Jimin seriously looks at him. "What? It's the truth. If you really love Jae Mi, clear things up with her."

"You want me to tell her that I love her instead of her cousin?" Jimin asked. "You know how mess up that sounds?" 

Taehyung nods, "but it's the truth." There was a bit of silence. Just then Jeong Guk pops out, "hyung..." Jimin stood up and faced him. "Look... I reflected on the things I said. And yea, I'm sorry I blurted out on you like that." 

Jimin was silent. What should he say? Jeong Guk comes closer. "It's okay... I understand why," Jimin said ... quietly. "And hyung..." Jeong Guk called out, "I know you love Jae Mi, but I was serious about what I said. Next time, I really won't hesitate."

Another silence. Then Jeong Guk walked away. Jimin stood there and watched his little dongsaeng's back disappear. Taehyung pats his hyung's back and said, "our little baby is growing up to be such a fine young man isn't he?" Jimin weirdly looked at him. Taehyung snickered a bit, "You don't have to tell her the whole truth. Just tell her what she needs  to hear. Apologize."

[End of FLASHback]

 

During lunch, Go Reum goes up to Jimin's classroom early and plans on surprising him with a lunch box she made for the first time for a guy... Jimin did say before he wanted one... and since there's something going on with Jae Mi and him... she thought it'd be nice to finally get to do the things she wanted to him that Jae Mi would do. She is his girlfriend. 

But she couldn't stop feeling guilty about the whole thing. It was her fault, because of her jealousy and insecurity. But she was glad... Jae Mi understood but she doesn't really know what happened between him and Jae Mi.

Peeking in to look for him, Taehyung's head appears above her shoulder, surprising her and causing her to step back. "Oh... Oppa..." she stuttered. Taehyung followed her previous gaze. "Jimin's not here right now... He's with Jae Mi, trying to fix their little problem," he tells her. She's quiet for a bit then looks at her lunch box, then to the classroom, then into space then smiles at Taehyung.

"Alright. Thank you for telling me," she said then handed Taehyung Jimin's lunch box, "please do give this to him."

Before the girl could walk out, Taehyung stops her and hands her back the lunch box. He leans closer then said, "if you keep acting like that... you'll just make things worse for you." Go Reum backs away a bit. Taehyung did so afterwards and put his hands inside his pocket, "you're his girlfriend, that title should be enough."

He walks away and Go Reum watches... She knew very well out of everyone in the group, Taehyung and Suga are the most clever and witty. They have this kind of power to read people's faces... And also they're the two she's not very close with or who's not fond of her... but Jeong Guk .... is the one she never really talked to. She looks at her lunch box and consider what Taehyung just said.

Yes... it is true... She is his girlfriend... and that should be enough. She got to where she wanted too... but she knew very well... she wouldn't have gotten there if Jae Mi didn't help out. She wouldn't have gotten there... if Jae Mi wasn't his friend. She wouldn't be Park Jimin's girlfriend at all... He wouldn't know of her existence... But that song ... she wrote... that won her the lottery... She wouldn't have gotten it... if Jae Mi didn't lend it to her. 

If Jimin knew... He would've fallen in love with Jae Mi instead. Go Reum fears that.

 

Meanwhile, at the bench in front of the soccer field, Jimin and Jae Mi awkwardly sits next to each other. Jae Mi plays with her earphones while Jimin nervously plays with his fingers. After awhile, Jimin hands her a lunch box... "Here... My mom made it but you must be hungry..." Jae Mi quietly takes it and eat slowly. 

Man, he never thought a day would come when they're very awkward with each other. "It's really good..." she tells him. Jimin immediately respond, "Ya. It is." Of course it is. Looking at her and how stuffy her face looks, Jimin smiles and hands her a bottle of apple of juice. She gladly takes it and drinks... After that, she smiles slightly at him and he wipes the side of her lips... 

Taken aback from his action, he just have to talk. "Jae Mi... Look... I'm sorry about what I did and what I said. I realy regret it... I was just trying to solve the issue going on with Go Reum and I.... well, her feelings towards me. I'm sorry."

There was a bit of silence. Jimin looks down and Jae Mi smiles... She calls out his name after awhile... "Jimin."

The moment he turns around, Jae Mi had slam a piece of dumpling on his lips, "Eat. I know you're hungry too." Jimin looks at her then smiles with the dumpling on his lips and eats it. Finally, they're back to normal.

 

After awhile, the two walks in the hallway like nothing happened. Taehyung sees it and smiles, approaching them. "Hey. Finally, you two are back together," he said. Jimin smiles and put his arm over Jae Mi's shoulder. "Anyways, since you guys were gone for the class meeting twenty minutes before lunch ended, they've decided that our class will do Host Cafe Shop."

Jae Mi tilts her head, "Host?"

Jimin does the same, "Cafe?"

Taehyung smiles, "Shop." Smile turns into smirk, "Y'know what that means."

"Guys will be wearing tux," Jimin said.

"And girls... will ... be .." Jae Mi said slowly... "a dress." Jimin and Taehyung smirks at each other then laughs quietly, dragging the down-Jae Mi with them.

 

After school, Jimin and Go Reum walks out together. On their way out, they see Jae Mi and Taehyung walking together. Just as the two is about to approach and call them, Jeong Guk comes out of nowhere and back hugs Jae Mi, surprising Jimin. Taehyung bid goodbye and the two didn't bother saying hi. But Jimin's eyes are still on them.

Jeong Guk looks over to Jae Mi's face above her shoulder while his arms are loosely lock around her chest. "What you listening to?" Jeong Guk asked and takes an earphone off and plug it in his ears. "Ah~ You like guys with raspy voice so much when they sing?" he asked.

Jae Mi nods, "it's very y."

"Aish, you and hyung made up?" he asked. Jae Mi nods. "That's cool."

Just then, Jimin and Go Reum, who were walking to the gate, was called by Jeong Guk. They approach them and conversation begins. "It's cool you guys made up. What are you guys going to be for the school festival?"

"Our class is doing a dramatic theater," Go Reum said. Jeong Guk nods, "what play?" "Romeo and Juliet. I'm not part of the casting crew. But I'm helping out with the hair and make-up," she tells him. "Don't you still need to dress up?" Jeong Guk asked and she nods with a smile. "How bout you guys' class?"

"We're doing a Host Cafe Shop," Jimin tells him. "A mix of hosting and cafe... It's very inappropriate," Jae Mi added. Jeong laughs while resting his chin on the side of her head. "What? Guys can't always be the one entertained, girls should be too~" Jimin jokes. Jeong Guk laughs, "that's true, girls will be wearing a maid dress for sure huh? I'll visit you guys' room for sure~" 

Jae Mi elbows Jeong Guk, who laughs anyway. "It will be something new to see~" 

Jimin notices the way the two acts with each other. It kind of reminds him of how he used to be with her back then... but now, he has to be more careful and limit everything since he has a girlfriend. But there was something different... the skinship between the two looks more couple like compare to the skinship Taehyung and Jae Mi shares. Before Jimin could say anything, Jeong Guk tugs Jae Mi tighter and waves at the other two.

"Jae Mi and I have to practice at her place today so we'll see you guys later okay?" he said. Jimin grew a little alert. The other two walks away with Jeong Guk's arm on Jae Mi shoulder, sharing earphones and just being closer... and closer and closer... 

Well, doesn't it hurt?

 



 

SORRY IF IT HAS BEEN A HELL OF A LONG TIME SINCE I UPDATED! BUT HEY I PRESENTED A LONG CHAPTER AYE? NO? OK... SORRY... HAHAHA XD

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND SUPPORTING ME!

SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!

AND ALSO TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF JAE MI AND JEONG GUK  <3 JAEGUK <3 COUPLE ~ OR YOU GUYS STILL ON ABOUT <3 TAEJAE <3 COUPLE OR  STILL ON THE MAIN LEAD AND HEROINE <3 JAEMIN <3 COUPLE~ HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH XXXXDDDDD