Chapter 6: Surprise! Surprise!

Look Me In The Eye

"Jae, are you okay?" Jessica asked me.

I was sitting all alone in the locker room. Packing up my stuff. I was still in the process of digesting the new things that was happening to me.

Being the most popular DJ on Seoul FM.

My life kind of change. For better.

People started to know me. Some even thought that I am an idol. Judging from the amount of fangirls flocking around the restaurant and Seoul FM.

I didn't like it as it made my life difficult. I didn't want to be popular. This is not what I wanted when I decided to be a DJ.

"Jae! answer me! what's with the silent treatment? This is how you thank the person who made you famous?" she shook my shoulders. Bursting my bubbles.

I glared at her. "made me famous? I don't ask for it. And I don't like it! These fangirls are annoying. Asking me autograph when I am not even an idol to begin with. This is all your fault!" 

"sheesh...fine. sorry. do you want to know something about yourself?" she asked.

"what? I don't really care about people's perspective." I stood up and picked up my bag.

"you are trying to hide the fact that you are sad inside. People who are anti-social and hates all the attention is suffering from depression. You don't want to open up yourself because of something is holding you back. Why can't you be happy and live your life to the fullest?"

I stopped my pace. 

 

"you don't want to open up yourself because of something is holding you back"

 

she's right. There was. It's not something. But someone. 

The person that I love.

I will wait forever.

I believed in her.

We will be together forever.

"shut up. Mind your own business. Dont' try to analyze me. You don't know me." I opened up the door and walked out.

Jessica sighed. "Well, sooner or later you are going to realize that keeping everything inside will eat you up."

 

 


"Hyung! congratulations! your segment is number 1 on Seoul FM!" Junsu congratulated me when I arrived at the station.

It's 2pm and I had to go to the station because the boss wanted to have a meeting with all of us. I wonder what is it about.

I ignored him and proceed to the elevator.

I really hate all of the attention. Why me of all people? 

As I arrived at the second floor, the staffs and DJs were everywhere. Everyone was waiting to get into the meeting room.

As always, every single person started to congratulate me. Making me suffocated. 

"okay everyone! the meeting room is ready!" the boss's secretary called us in.

The boss walked in with files in his hands.

"Good evening everyone! Thank you for being here. So today, our agenda is about the annual vacation!"

All of the staffs and DJs except me cheered happilly.

What? so they lied to me? They told me that the meeting is about our performance. They purposely did that because I will not go if it's about the annual vacation.

I sighed and gave a sharp glare towards Junsu and Taeyeon. Both of them lowered their heads upon meeting my gaze.

"So, as everyone knows, this vacation is COMPULSARY for every single soul in here. And I mean it when I said COMPULSARY" the boss changed his gaze towards me. Even the boss knew that I hate all kinds of exposure.

I stood up. "Sir, I don't think that I can make it. I have family matters that need to be solved."

His smile disappeared once he heard what I said. "family matters huh? or should I say 'personal matters'. You don't want to come. Am I right? Last year you got away with it but not this time."

"That's not true....sssir." I stuttered. 

He smiled once again. "ok then! it settled! our popular DJ will be there! I am sure the winners will be thrilled to see him!"

Everyone cheered.

Great. Just great.

"so sit back and enjoy this meeting! HA HA HA HA HA" the boss laughed.

I was forced to sit back to endure this nightmare. 

Yoochun stood up. "The annual vacation will be held on 1st May 2013. At.....JEJU ISLAND!!!" 

Everyone cheered happily and hugged each other as in they won lottery.

I sighed.

He continued. "So, thanks to our hero, Kim Jaejoong for boosting our ratings. And we received enormous responds from the listeners about the annual vacation. We received more than thousands applications for the contest and we will choose based on lucky draw." Yoochun sat back and it's Taeyeon's turn to do the explanation.

"so, yeah. We did the lucky draw. And we picked 50 lucky winners who are going to spend the time together with us at Jeju Island." she explained. "Now, I am going to read out their names."

I was in my own world during the explanation when something caught my attention.

One of the names.

"Jung Jessica."

My mouth hung opened.

"So, yeah, that's all 50 names. These people are going to be with us during the 3 days vacation! Can't wait!" she ended her explanation.

My eyes started to become teary.

"aww..our Jaejoongie is too excited that he even cried!" one of the staff saw the tears in my eyes.

Why God? Why?

Haven't you punished me enough?

I had to take part in this stupid vacation.

And I am going to be with Jung Jessica for a 3 days vacation?

Luck was not on my side.