What Heaven Feels Like

I Hear Your Voice : Echoes of the Heart

What Heaven Feels Like

 

image

 

This is heaven, she thought. Such bliss after hours of tensed agitation.

And he said he loved her.

Of which she already knew, deep in her heart.

He would not have gone through so much for her, if he did not love her.

But to hear him say it out loud, made her very happy.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked. "You should try to get some sleep." 

"Mwo?" she muffled into his chest. "You can't read my mind?"

"I promise not to intrude into your y thoughts, remember?" he , rubbing his good feet along the length of her leg. "Besides, you know full well I can't read you mind if I don't look into your eyes."

"What! Me, y?!"

"Hmm..you are," he grinned on top of her head, remembering reading her thoughts outside her office just a few days ago.

His eyes still closed, being happy to just hold her close. 

voice15-00513.jpg 

He had caused quite a ruckus earlier.

image

From trying to initially find her and then insisting on sitting by her after the doctors finished putting a cast over his leg.

"Sir, you have to rest too," the nurse had pleaded in exasperation earlier.

But he insisted on not leaving her side, despite Hye sung herself telling him too.

In fact, the hospital even wanted to allocate him the bed next to hers.

"It's too far," he had said adamantly. "She might need me during the night."

And so, given what the traumatic experience they both just had, the hospital did the unthinkable.

image

To allow two patients to share a bed together and gave them the necessary privacy they needed by pulling the curtains fully on them.

image

"But seriously, I thought that my first time in bed with a man would be more romantic than this," she lamented.

"This is romantic..!" he pouted. "At least to me it is."

"Well, yeah...I'll rephrase...I never dreamt that my first time in bed with a guy would be in a hospital."

"Well, ok, I'll make sure that your second time in bed with a guy will be in a bedroom somewhere," he smiled. "Provided that the namja is me."

She grinned into his chest, detecting a slight jealous tone.

This guy is funny, being jealous for nor apparent reason.

"Jealous much?" she .

"Yes!"

She laughed.

"I waited for you for a whole year," she reminded him. "Now that I finally have you in my arms, don't think that I'll easily let you go."

He smiled happily at her words and kissed her forehead yet again.

image

She pulled away again, to look up into his face.

If you want to kiss me, boy, do it properly!

She ordered him with her eyes.

He laughed at her thought.

"You are a y noona, bullying an innocent young man like me," he goaded her softly. "Would you still treat me like this if I was older than you?"

"Hmm.." she mumbled thoughtfully. "I would think so, yeah."

"Aigoo...you modern women," he shook his head. "The nurses were all wondering what possessed me to go after a forceful ahjumma like you. Sometimes, I too, wonder why I love you so much."

"Aigoo...such gross insubordination!" she said indignantly.

He chuckled, running a soothing hand up and down her back.

"Isn't insubordination applicable to those at work?"

Show off! she looked up and glared him. 

He laughed again, looking down at her.

"I just told you I loved you and you're being a total kid," he scolded her gently. 

"I said I love you first!" she protested, remembering to keep her voice low.

"When?"

He frowned trying to remember.

"In the park," she reminded him. "When I told you I like you as a man."

Dr54yT87.jpg

"You said I like you, not I love you," he frowned.

"Pffttt...tomato, toh-ma-to," she answered him, almost like a petulant child.

He smiled again, knowing it would take her awhile to return his vow verbally.

But he was fine with it, knowing full well that she did love him,

Very much.

For what was not said on her lips, was conveyed through the beating of her heart and in the flicker of her eyes.

And for that he was thankful.

And so he complied to her wishes, descending towards her expectant red lips.

Where he finally received her heartfelt declaration of love.  

 

Fin