Coming To Terms

I Hear Your Voice : Echoes of the Heart

Coming to Terms

 

y, Hye Sung thought before she could help herself, at the sight of a freshly showered Soo Ha.

He was decked in his favourite loose white sleeveless t shirt that showed off his newly acquired biceps.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp-n8SPpdMoeaC0VTmj23

I have to thank that chicken-Ahjussi for making Soo Ha work hard for those new muscles, she thought again.

Looking him grinning at her, having heard her thought, she scrunched up her nose and rolled her eyes.

Aish... Having a mind reader for a boyfriend is more cumbersome than I thought, she mentally snapped at him.

Still, she soften her thought by beckoning him over to join her on the sofa.

Soo Ha happily complied, plonking himself comfortably beside her, stopping short from snuggling under her arm.

He knew she meant no malice in her thoughts, just beleaguered that her thoughts were exposed to him all the time.

I wonder if there'll ever be a time when she'll have even more lustful thoughts of me, he smiled to himself.

"No homework tonight?" He asked, smiling sideways at her.

"Nope, you?"

"None if I don't want any."

"Smarty pants," she retorted, knowing Soo Ha could catch up on school work easily when he wanted to.

Soo Ha smiled down at her hands on her lap and grabbed one, to bring it to his lips, kissing her fingers and white palm.

They had a lovely walk all the way home tonight, despite being followed by the stake out policemen.Soo Ha was exceptionally happy, mainly due to the fact that Hye Sung did not mind being open about their relationship.

image

Unabashedly holding hands in public, making him more confident in displaying his affections for her as well.

More than one occasion, he had his arm around her shoulder, instead of just holding hands, as they walked on.

image

Once home, they had a simple dinner of properly fried 'dog food', courtesy of Chef Park.

Then, he gave her access to the bathroom for a shower before he followed suit.

Now, with a small towel around his neck and his hair still wet, he was looking forward to some quiet bonding time with his favorite noona.

Funny how I think of her as my noona, though definitely in a non-sisterly way, he thought.

And I'll die first before I call her noona out loud ever again, Soo Ha continued silently, thinking of the time when he was forced to call Hye Sung, noona, when the neighborhood policemen thought they were siblings.

Unaware of his thoughts of her, Hye Sung smiled up at him playing with her hand.

She yawned slightly.

"Are you tired? Do you want to go to bed already?" Soo Ha asked, bending his head to look into her eyes.

"Naah... Let's just sit here and relax for a while." She smiled, simply making herself more comfortable beside him.

Hye Sung was, in truth, reluctant to leave his side and go back to his room, which was temporarily at her disposal.

No, she preferred to stay on the sofa, cuddled up to Soo Ha.

She really did not know what possessed her yesterday, when she confessed to him that she liked him.

Perhaps it was due a whole year of being without him and finally realizing her true feelings.

Though she was initially mad at him for hiding his recovered memories and ability from her, she was on the other hand happy that he was back to his old self.

"I haven't asked you this, but... how are you?" she asked worriedly.

"Eh?"

"Since you started to remember and got your powers back, are you ok?"

He smiled softly at her concern, still playing with her hand, lacing his long fingers in between her dainty ones.

"I wouldn't call it powers, but I'm ok."

"How did it happen?" She asked again. "Was that why you cried when you hugged me?"

"Neh. I was scared for you. For your safety. But then suddenly you came out, smiling and happy while thinking of Min Jong Gook, no less."

"I wasn't happy thinking of Min Jong Gook," she scoffed. "I was happy thinking of your proven innocence."

"Ara," he smiled and finally gave up to the temptation of holding her in his arms. "Komawo... For believing in me."

"You would have the same faith in me," she replied.

Soo Ha smiled again at her words.

"I know I've said this before ... But thank you again," he said, placing his warm lips against her temple.

"Thank you?"

"Erm... Thank you for accepting me. I know I can be a kid at times," he smiled sweetly, now enveloping her fully in his long arms. "I promise to be a worthy man for you."

"It's ok, you are man enough for me," she smiled and laid her face on his strong chest. "And I'm not one of those regular ahjummas who are fixated of their boyfriends being older than them."

Soo Ha smiled happily and kiss the top of Hye Sung's head, listening on as she continued.

"Also perhaps ... I like the fact that you are younger," she smiled. "I can bully you around without feeling guilty."

He gave a small laugh, knowing full well that it was her who normally acted like a dongseang with him, instead of the other way around.

"It was pretty scary though, when the memories started flooding back," Soo Ha confessed, remembering the memory of his confrontation with Min Joon Gook. "But the visions of you comforted me."

Hye Sung looked up at him from her snug position and smiled.

By this time, Soo Ha was seated cross legged beside her, holding her tight in his arms.

"I'm glad you are back, Soo Ha," she told him seriously.

"I'm glad to be back," he smiled, and proceeded to do what he wanted to ever since he saw her burst into the police station to rescue him.

Despite his memory loss, he felt a deep connection with the sweet lawyer lady, as he referred to her in his mind, then.

It was unfathomed, but he knew even then, that they were bonded in one way or another. 

And now he understood why.

And he wanted to seal that understanding with a kiss.

One he felt was sorely overdue.

Slowly his head dipped towards hers and with his eyes closed, his full lips sweetly touched hers.

Unlike his surprise kiss at the aquarium, this time, Hye Sung was both mentally and physically ready for his kiss.

And emotionally, she accepted it.

And with her eyes closed too, she returned it.

 

Fin