Box and Panda

Random Stories

There was a Panda named Yuri. Unlike other pandas, Yuri was completely different. She had the ability to speak. Scientist world wide couldn't provide a logical answer as to why she was able to speak. She was able to fluently speak, and keep a conversation going with any human that spoke to her. Not only that but she was also very intelligent.Yuri also had the capability to read, therefore the scientist would entertain her with books and magazines.

One day Yuri came across a magazine which included something in particular that caught her eye. 

"A Magical, Talking Box" the title was enough to spark curiosity to the panda. She read through the whole magazine and found out that the Box was located not so far from where she was staying . That night, she devised a plan to escape the laboratory which she was kept in.

The following night, she was able to sneak out without any of the alarms sounding off. She wandered the streets occasionally getting stares from the people. Miraculously though, nobody dared to call the police. She kept walking and walking until she arrived at her destination. She smiled to herself and walked towards the gate of the palace where the Magical Box was being held.

She passed through all of the guards, and the maids with an ease that could beat that of a ferret. She arrived to what seemed to be the main bedroom.  Using her paws, she pushed the door open. She slowly and silently made her way to the bed, hoping to see the Box. Right as she was about to reach the bed, her attention was turned to a warm voice behind her.

" Ahem... Who are you? What are you doing here?" the voice remained calm, and sounded so soothing to Yuri. Yuri turned around to see none other then the Box. 

"Hello, my name is Yuri.. I'm the talking panda. " Yuri extended her paw to the Box; which the Box gladly shook with one of her folds. 

"Nice to meet you Yuri, my name is Yoona... The magical , talking box." Both panda and box stares at each other, not knowing exactly what to do. Yuri didn't really expect to find an actually talking box so she didn't quiet prepare what she was going to say.

"Soooooo?" Yoona seemed to have noticed an uncomfortable Yuri and decided it would be a good idea to start up a conversation.

"Ah, yes. Sorry for being a bit... Awkward. I just didn't-"

"Didn't expect me to be an actual talking box. Right?" Yuri only nodded at Yoona. 

"What brings you here Yuri?" Yoona kept a really relaxed voice but something was off. Yuri sensed sadness behind the angelic voice. She knew that she wasn't in the right position to be asking as to why she could possibly be sad, so she decided to wait a bit before Yoona could feel comfortable with her so she could ask.

"Curiosity got the best of me, I should say. I know I'm a talking panda and all but I couldn't really bring myself to imagine a magic, talking box. I mean I am still an animal but you... You're an object, you don't even have a heart or anything... How can you be alive?" without knowing it, Yuri unintentionally hurt Yoona's feelings. Yoona wobbled her way to the bed and plopped herself on her pillow while sniffling.

"That's the whole point of being magical, Yuri. " Yoona's voice hinted a bit of both anger and sadness and Yuri wasn't dumb. She knew now that she had hit a nerve.

"What kind of magic can you do?" trying her best to save herself, she asked another question hoping she would be able to successfully change the topic.

" I can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.  I'm magical, hence the word MAGICAL." Yoona still seemed a bit bothered but Yuri wanted to know more.

"If you're so magical, why do you sound sad?" Yuri laid on her fluffy tummy and rested her head on her paws. Looking like a little kid being told a story .

"Well... Who will ever actually love a talking box?" Yoona let out a sad sigh. "I'm sure nobody will find an object beautiful, and actually value me for my personality... They will only want my magic." 

For the first time in many many years, Yoona felt relief. Being able to get things off her chest was sometng she wasn't used to since nobody had taken the time to get to know her. Usually people would just ask her if she could grant them their wishes. But Yuri, she was taking the time to talk to her. She seemed genuine and Yoona felt comfortable.

"But you're magical , Yoona. Can't you make yourself human? That's way people can love you, and your personality? If you turn into a human, nobody will know about your magic and will have no other choice but to love you for you. "

"Thats the catch. I can't turn myself into a human unless somebody falls for me in my object form... Which is never going to happen... Sometimes I feel blessed being as I am, but most of the times I feel like its a curse." Yuri crawled towards Yoona and awkwardly started to pat Yoona in an attempt to comfort the box.

"Tell me about it. I have a wonderful ability to be able to speak yet I hate it. I have scientist constantly watching my every move, and poking me around. Jabbing needles into me every so often. I can't stand being a lab rat... If I were to be a human, everything would change...But unlike you, I don't have any magic, or a rule in which I can change into a human... I wonder if I will ever even find love too." now it was Yuri's turn to sigh. 

Both panda and box stayed on the bed for a while , just enjoying the silence.

"I was thinking about what you said earlier Yuri... Would you perhaps want me to turn you into a human? I wouldn't want you to be poked at for much longer. You're a great panda girl , and you don't deserve such treatment.."

Yuri shot up from the bed and stared at Yoona. She couldn't believe it. It would be a dream come true and she knew that she couldn't let such an opportunity go to waste.

" You would really do that for me?!? Yes! Yes!! I would love you to turn me into a human! Thank you so much Yoona!!" Yoona could only giggle at thecute panda bouncing from excitement in her bed. 

With an ease, Yoona began her magic. The room suddenly turn into a whirlpool filled with beautiful colors, a sweet smell of Strawberries arose along with the colors. A sense of serenity, peace, and adrenaline filled the Pandas veins. As if in slow motion, the fluffiness disappears and below was the skin of a human. The fat was gone,and replaced with thin skin. Instead of fur all over her body, the only hair that grew was silky long black hair, beautifully formed eye brew and nicely curved eyelashes. 

The once cute panda became a beautiful tanned woman. Yuri stood up in her legs and ran to the mirror. She looked at herself wideeyed while inspecting her body, her face, and her hair. She touched her skin like a baby when they find out they have toes and fingers. Yuri was amazed at the beauty he had become. 

"Y-Yoona!! You made me into a beautiful woman!! Thank you!!" Yoona simply laughed.

" I didn't make you a beautiful woman Yuri. You were beautiful on the inside and that made your outside appearance just as beautiful. You are very welcome Yuri. I guess this is the end huh.... Now you leave me behind and live your life as a beautiful Yuri... " 

Yuri quickly turned and ran towards the box. She picked up the light box and swung her around in the air while chuckling. Yuri had a huge feeling of admiration towards Yoona. In a weird sense, she had a feeling of attachment towards the box. There was no way that she could leave the box's side.

"Are you kidding me Yoona?! No way I'm going to leave you. I owe you a huge one!" with that being said, she gave Yoona a tight squeeze, being extra careful to not accidentally hurt her.

Yoona smiled, Yuri was different.

 

***********

Around 10 weeks passed by and Yuri was definitely enjoying being a human. Every day she would wake up and immediately head towards Yoona's room, since they lived under the same roof. Every where Yuri would go, she would carry Yoona along. Some people would give the girl a strange stares. Who carries a box along and carries it around while talking to it? 

Being in Yuri's arms made Yoona feel safe. Even when a big gust of wind would strike and swift Yoona off of the floor, Yuri was always there to catch her. 

They were the perfect duo. They spent so much time together that they became inseparable. If either girl wouldn't be around the other for a period of time, a sense of sadness would rush through them.

Each and every day that passed Yoona and Yuri would make wonderful memories that was surely engraved into their minds. Every day was a special day, and today was no exception.

Today Yuri decided to carry Yoona to the beach. Yuri prepared a picnic , and planned to watch the sunset with Yoona.

" YUL!!! Be carefull hahaha!!!" Yoona squealed in joy as Yuri swung her around , over then water.

"Hahaha !! Don't worry Yoong! I wouldn't let you fall!!" Yuri continued to swing Yoona around until Yoona complained about being hungry 

"Eat up Yoong! I brought all your favorites!" Yoona smiled in delight as she saw her favorite foods spread out on the table. Her little cardboard mouth began to water. Yuri chuckled seeing the cuteness of the little box.

After around 45 minutes, Yuri and Yoona finally finished their foods. It was time to watch the sun set. Yuri picked Yoona up and carried her closer to the shore. After placing a blanket on the ground, Yuri sat comfortably , placing Yoona on her lap. Yoona snuggled a bit closer to Yuri to feel her warmth.

Yoona let out a small sigh of happiness, completly enjoying the moment. Some time passed and the sun was almost done setting. Yooa looked up to see Yuri with her eyes closed as the breeze ran through her hair. It looked so peaceful and beautiful. She admired Yuri's beauty.

"Yuri?"

"Hmmm~"

" I don't know what I'm feeling right now but I've never felt this before..." 

"Well what do you feel Yoong?" Yuri shifted her gaze onto Yoona and a smile naturally made its way to her face. That same moment, both girls felt their heart beats increase . In Yoona's case, her corner core (heart).

"What I'm feeling has no words that could possibly describe it.... It's like.. Happiness, and .. Serenity... Like nothing could go wrong or possibly go wrong.. I feel safety in your arms Yul..."

"Yoong... What you feel... I feel it too, and it's called love... I love you Yoong." Yuri leaned in and kissed Yoona.Yoona happily responded. Yuri broke the kiss when she thought about what Yoona had said the first they met. Now that she has found love, she can turn into a human.

"Try it," Yoona looked at her with a confused expression.

"Try it now. We both found love, make yourself a human now Yoong!" a light bulb went off in Yoona's mind.

Without responding, Yoona put all of her concentration onto her magic. Once again the whirlpool of colors and the strawberry scent returned. What used to be folds became pale arms and legs. What used to be a beautiful personality became into a beautiful woman. 

Yuri was left speechless at the beautiful woman Yoona turned out to be. In a split second, Yoona ran and leaped into Yuri's arms. 

"It worked Yul!! I'm a human!!! You love me !!" laughter , love and pure bliss were the only things that were being shared at that very moment . Niether girl wanted to let go, nothing could ruin this moment.

" I.... I love you panda" Yoona looked down to hide her blushing face. Yuri lifted up Yoona's chin to meet each others eyes. She slowly and gently placed a kiss on Yoona's forehead and smiled.

"I love you too box."

 

The End