Just One Call

Just One Call

Siwon anxiously bit the tip of the nail on his thumb as he sat on the couch, looking nowhere but the cell phone on the coffee table. He had been in that position for nearly twenty minutes now. He wanted to call him just to see how he was doing but he had done that more than ten times in the past two days alone.

 

“Just…one more time won’t hurt…right?” Siwon said to himself and bit his lip.

 

He contemplated on it for about a minute before snatching the phone off the table and dialed the number. Subconsciously, his foot tapped repeatedly on the ground as he waited for the other end to answer. He furrowed his eyebrows when it just kept ringing. Just as Siwon was about to hang up, the person on the other end answered.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Oh, hey, He Lao Shi, it’s me again…I was just wondering if you spoke to Hangeng Hyung lately and I wanted to see how he was doing.” Siwon said quickly right when he heard whom he thought was He Lao Shi answer.

 

He was thankful that no one was in the room to see his now red face. Siwon scratched the back on his head whenever he felt nervous. He didn’t know why, whenever the topic of his Hangeng came up, he got uncontrollably happy and giddy but nervous and anxious at the same time.

 

“Shi Yuan, it’s me.”

 

Siwon felt his entire body freeze right when he heard that familiar voice. Never had he expected to hear that voice talking directly to him ever again. Never had he thought he would hear that sweet delicate sound say his name. Oh how he missed this voice.

 

“H-Hangeng Hyung…” He finally managed to say as his face reached a cherry red color, “How come you answered He Lao Shi’s phone?” He asked out of curiosity.

 

He heard the sound of Hangeng chuckling, oh how sweet the sound was.

 

“I didn’t pick up at first. He’s the one who answered first but then gave the phone to me right away. So, you’ve been bothering him to see what I’m up to, have you?” Hangeng said with amusement evident in his voice.

 

Siwon groaned in embarrassment and leaned back on the couch, “Aish…he told you?”

 

“No, you just did by confirming it.” Hangeng answered with a chuckle.

 

“Hyung!” Siwon whined and pouted, just like how he always did when Hangeng .

 

“Yes?”

 

The smile on Siwon’s face was just like that of a little girl’s talking to her crush; this was almost exactly that scenario, only the two of them knew their feelings for each other.

 

“I missed you, Hyung.” Siwon admitted, he felt his body being relieved of the stress and tenseness from his little confession.

 

“I missed you, too, Shi Yuan.” Hangeng said, Siwon could sense a smile on Hangeng’s face, “So you wanted to know how I’m doing?”

 

Yet another shy smile crept on Siwon’s face, “Ne…have you been well?”

 

“I have. Hey, I saw that you’re coming to China for a few days, did you have any free time?” Hangeng asked with a hint of hope in his voice.

 

Siwon’s shy smile turned into a huge grin when his Hyung’s words registered in his head, “I’ll always have time for you, Hyung.” He said a little too quickly, earning a chuckle from Hangeng causing Siwon to blush yet again; only Hangeng was able to unleash this side of Siwon.

 

“Well, you have my number, I haven’t changed it. Just let me know when you’re free and we can meet and catch up, spend some quality time together, you know. Sound okay?” Hangeng offered.

 

Despite it only being a phone call, Siwon nodded his head like a child, “Sounds great! Oh, and Hyung?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I miss your fried rice, can you bring me some when we meet up?” Siwon asked childishly.

 

Hangeng laughed, “Yah, you’re always coming to me for food, are you sure you miss me and not my cooking?”

 

“Your cooking is the best, Hyung! I miss both you and your cooking, you should know that.” Siwon whined.

 

“And you should know how much I love teasing you.” Hangeng replied causing Siwon to giggle, “Alright, He Lao Shi wants his phone back, and I have to go do a recording. I’ll see you soon, ‘kay?”

 

“Ne, alright. Take care Hyung, I love you.” Siwon blinked as he said the last three words.

 

He didn’t know why he said it, he meant it, he definitely meant it, but he wasn’t sure whether was supposed to say it. He started to get anxious again when there was a long pause on the other end –to Siwon it felt like a thirty second pause when in reality it was only two seconds.

 

“I love you, too. Alright, I really need to go now. Bye.” Hangeng said, it sounded like he was in a hurry.

 

Siwon couldn’t even say bye since Hangeng hung up before he could even say it. He didn’t exactly blame Hangeng for not letting him say goodbye though since Siwon was in a daze with a huge grin on his face. All because he has just heard his Hangeng hyung say those three words to him.