Hunted [For jongyi]

♥ Sweet Nothings One Shot Request Shop {Requests Closed} ♥

Watching a random variety show in the lounge area of a resort was Victoria. She stared blankly at the TV to pass the time, glancing at the clear glass wall that showed the lively beach area in such a picturesque way. People coveted her celebrity status of fame and luxury, but she envied their privilege to live casually. She was just there to perform, be trapped, and leave shortly the next day. It wasn’t all flowery bliss being someone like her. There was no freedom.

Two people came about bring with them the sound of their slippers clapping against the floor. Her group member and close friend Amber took a seat beside her while her labelmate Changmin took his a few tables away from them and ordered coffee. She paid close attention at the way he smiled politely to the waitress then turned back to check if Amber saw any of that. Luckily, Amber was too engrossed in her music to hear anything. She didn’t want to bother her and let her be. The lounge fell silent for a few minutes just like that. Three people were too indulged in their activities to notice each other may it be beach-watching, music-listening, or handsome coffee-sipping.

It was when Amber took her earphones out and passed it to her that the silence died to be replaced with something rather unexpected.

“Listen to it, it’s a really good song,” said Amber so calmly. “You’ll like it, I promise.”

With a shrug, she put them on to surprisingly hear Changmin’s voice.

“Hey Victoria. Before you turn around to look at me drinking coffee, please don’t. If you did already, it is okay; I will wave at you naturally.” In which he did. “In this wonderful resort and for once, a somewhat legitimate break, I would like to invite you over to my room to talk—for a date—that is. I’ve already made plans and set your disguise. Now, if you want to say yes, fix Amber’s hat and in the sad occasion that you say no, stand up and go back to your room to prevent any awkwardness to push through. I hope it’s the former. Choose wisely; say no and you will be missing what’s real."

Once the recording was done, she gave Amber a look worthy of mixed emotions. Her friend simply tilted her head and tapped her hat twice to encourage her. Biting her lip, she looked from side to side; she couldn’t contain the butterflies any longer. She moved Amber’s hat slightly. To that, Changmin made a subtle grin, sipped the last of his coffee then went back to his room.

Amber smacked her shoulder proudly. “That’s ma’ leader right there!”

“What exactly is the plan?” asked Victoria with a hint of eagerness that she tried to hide with bashfulness.

Winking, she replied, “It’s a surprise. Just be in your room at 9PM tonight.”

---

“It’s time,” Amber said, smirking.

It’s about time, thought Victoria.

The day felt so slow; ten hours seemed like ten years of heart-thumping nervousness.

Alongside Amber came in one of their top stylists carrying a short wig, men’s clothing, and some makeup in a paper bag.

“For disguise purposes,” stated the stylist with an excited smile. She had been itching to get Victoria to crossdress.

“I see,” she faintly replied. It was tedious, but it made sense.

Off she went to bind her chest so tight that she couldn’t breathe and wear a wig cap that didn’t help with the oxygen supply for her head either. It was utmost discomfort all the way and it made her wonder how Sulli got through all those days of filming ‘To the Beautiful You’. Crossdressing as a guy was really no joke.

Once they were done, she looked at herself in the mirror at disbelief. There she was as a man without a doubt; a complete flower-boy-looking girl.

“Amber approves of this look,” Amber said as she gave a thumb up. “You look pretty awesome.”

“Thanks,” she replied although as she did so, she once again questioned the importance of having to do all this just to have a simple first date. People would normally just dress their best and meet at a designated place as easy as one, two, three while she had to do tediously transform herself into a guy.

“Let’s go.”

Before she could think any longer, Amber ushered her out of the room and took her all way to the elevator where Taemin had been waiting for her. She was passed over to him who brought her up to Changmin’s room. He then plugged in his earphones and brought her inside where Changmin sat by the terrace. The wind was blowing against his hair, making it softly feather out nicely. His seemed to have been gazing at someplace in the sky, thinking deeply. Letting out a slight grin, his eyes shimmered with a timid kind of excitement. Like a still statue, a picture of him at the time would result to utmost perfection.

Noticing her in the corners of his eyes, only tilting his head back slightly to face her, he gestured for her to sit beside him. She nodded meekly and sat opposite him, the wind whispering cold nothings against the nape of her neck while she viewed the calm waves oozing back and forth. Sitting beside them was Taemin who, still drowned in his music and by then having grabbed a beer bottle, was made to be the third wheel to make it seem like they were just three guys chatting and whatnot..

“Don’t worry, I can’t hear a thing,” he shouted almost too loudly as he gulped a ton of beer. “Just let me listen to my tunes.”

Changmin’s eyes were watering as he still kept looking to the distance; his crooked smile of uncertain emotion accompanied it.

“Hey, are you alright?” asked Victoria.

“No,” he replied in an airy tone. “I’m not.”

A few seconds of silence, then she asked, “Why so?”

He half-blinked twice. “’Cause I was trying so hard to act melodramatic that my eyes got some dirt or something on them.”

A sudden freezing of the frame. Then a burst of laughter from the two. They laughed so hard that their jaws were so strained from the stretching and their stomachs hurt from the exercise.

“Seriously?” she said in between laughs. “I didn’t expect you to be so—“

“So what?” He wiped tears off of his eyes, smiling. “So four-dimensional?”

“Yeah, I mean the way you act and the way you spoke during the audio invite… it’s like you’re two different people.”

“Well,” their laughter subsided and his face turned into a warm tone of pure delight. “It’s more like I can act differently depending on the situation. I kinda wanted to show you that I’m not just some collected guy with a ‘great’ smile; I’m me. I’m clumsy, and I eat a lot, and yes, I am very weird I promise you that. I might not be the person you expected, but underneath all that idol skin, I’m human, and I… kinda like you.” He glanced at her hand then hesitantly held it and looked at her straight in the eye. “I’ve been waiting for this moment for a very long time I swear. I couldn’t find not only the right time, but any time to begin with. I mean, you know how rarely we get these vacations and we can’t even enjoy and have fun in the sun. Wouldn’t it be cooler to chill on a hammock and watch the sunset instead of having booze in the middle of the night knowing that we have a flight early in the morning? Also, I’m sorry that you’re the one who had to crossdress, it’s kind of not cool of me, but Taemin here said that you’d be a more convincing as a dude than I am as a girl.”

“Woah, woah,” halted Victoria, amused by his newfound personality. “Are you drunk or something?”

He shook his head. “No, why?”

“Nothing.” Feeling rather shy, she let go off his hand. A slight feeling of disappointment could be seen on his face. “It would have been more romantic when you stopped at… you know where.”

He smiled again. “I kinda like you?”

She cutely nodded, avoiding eye contact.

Without thinking, he cupped her hands with his, “Let me rephrase that.” She felt a slight squeeze. His eyes were glimmering and locked onto hers so intensely she couldn’t escape it; she was melting but at the same time, awakened by his gaze. “I really like you. I like how you smile, how you just walk around the SM building, the way you talk to your friends, how you flexibly bend your body around in variety shows. Seriously, I have no idea how people get that kind of superhuman skill,” he then remembered something, “Am I de-romanticizing the moment again?”

She chuckled, her face red. “It’s fine, it’s kinda adorable.”

He withdrew his arms to rub the back of his neck sheepishly. “I’m glad you think that way.”

“And,” she bit her lip and continued, “I like you in all those aspects too, except in the place of my flexibility is your powerful voice.”

“You mean like this?”

Commence a few seconds of his high pitch in ‘Before U Go’.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH OH OH—“

“Dude—“

And it still went on.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHH—“

“DUDE!” Taemin covered his mouth to shut him up. “You’re gonna blow our cover. I could hear you through my earphones, and that means something.”

Embarrassed, he apologized. “Sorry ‘bout that.”

“It’s alright,” she said.

He looked at her from head to toe. “You know, you look pretty good as a guy. Not that I’m saying—“

Cutting his possibly misleading sentence, she replied, “Thank you. Amber thinks so too.”

They both averted their gaze to the waves that peacefully crashed back and forth against the sand, the sound harmonizing well with the cold midnight breeze. Serenely, the three relished the beauty of what nature had to give them. No words were spoken, yet there was great meaning.

Their first date ended just like that. A simple exchange of quirk and amusement that was culminated by confessions and serene sea-watching. Victoria never crossdressed again in the succeeding dates.

During the flight that morning, they purposely sat two people away from each other, but communicated through music. Using Suho’s (stolen) earphone splitter, they shared music to each other with Amber and Taemin in the center, listening to the songs they passed to each other. They didn’t mind though; the songs put them to sleep regardless what they were.

But it was when they went home to their dorms that they heard of speculations about their relationship surround slightly well-known websites. Their managers had already called them for a meeting, and they both admitted to it. The company decided not to release an official statement seeing that it was still a very bleak rumor, but the two were not allowed to publicly go out with each other and must be accompanied by their managers at all times. And just when they thought that they were already bound by so many restrictions. Regardless, rules were already out of the question. Their love was what mattered and no amount of speculation can overpower that. They continued to see each other in the usual medium of dating: van dates.

That process went on for around a month and a half. Meeting twice a week, escaping their hectic schedules for a few hours of casual talk and butterflies although their happiness was short-lived. While they were able to let the rumors die down, the fact that they were together just calls for trouble. And in one Saturday night, they got overconfident and decided to go out for a late-night drive.

“I’m glad we get to do this,” Victoria said, clutching onto Changmin’s sleeve. “It makes me feel special.”

He grinned. “Me too.”

Her grip on his sleeve became tighter. Noticing this, he decreased his speed and put his view into her. Her lips were slightly parted as if wanting to say something important.

“I love you.”

Those words echoed in his mind, singing gleefully. Never had she said to him that she loved him, and come to think of it, never had he. Slowly, he leaned toward her and gave her a kiss. Both closed their eyes to cherish the warmth and adrenaline surging through them. In that quiet night, they finally had their first kiss.

As they pulled away, he lifted his hand slightly to touch her cheek and said, “I love—“

“Changmin!”

CRASH!

Fade to black.

Blur to view.

Changmin head felt heavy as his vision went back, blood was flowing down to his nose and his hand was still attached to Victoria’s cheek. Beside him, she sat there, wide-eyed and unable to move. She was breathing, but clearly terrified. He remembered a fragment of the moment the raging truck had hit them and made its escape. The sound of police sirens blared loudly across their ears, panging their brains as if laughing at their misfortune. The paparazzi came rushing in taking pictures of them, the flashing cameras made it known that it was a genuine scoop to them. Two dating celebrities getting involved in a car accident, what more could they ask for?

He fisted the car seat, puncturing his hand with tiny sharp shards of glass. As he watched the blood seep out of his hand, he knew there was nothing more they could do.

They were hunted down.

It was over.


Sooo I tried to use all the genres you listed down and I hope they came out presentably. Of course, the comedy and/or fluff probably wasn't as evident though LOL. I chose 'Hunted' for the title because of how the papparazzi go all out in hunting down celebrities aand it kinda sounds cool for a title, right? Haha! 

Thank you for requesting~! :)