Final

i'm omija for your wish

A day in Park Chan Yeol’s mundane life consists primarily of banana milk, a hell lot of forever-alone-ness and a miniature fairy with rainbow hair that’s too squishy it hurts.

 

“When exactly are you going to make your third wish, bobble head?”

 

Chanyeol squinted as sunlight suddenly flooded the room. With a tired sigh, Chanyeol pulled the covers over his head as an effort to block out the fairy’s voice in all its high-pitched glory. Last night’s show ended with a lot of soju and makeout sessions at the local noraebang*, which was of course fun at that moment, but the resulting hangover hurts his head like a .  It is by no accident that Chanyeol wakes up groggier than normal, with the last thing he wants to hear is the little brat’s nagging in his ears.

 

“I’m going to make it when I think of it, brat.”

 

“Well, then, make it fast because I wanna go home~”

 

When Sehun is needy, his hair turns pink. Not girly, grossly pink but ten different shades of pink that make Chanyeol wish he were color blind instead. It is sort of a turn-off for Chanyeol, really, because he is a real man and men only like manly colors. Like mint green for example.

 

“My home is your home, shortie.” Chanyeol snickers as he picks the minuscule fairy by the shirt and drops him into a teacup filled with strawberry milk. With careful fingers, Chanyeol discards the other’s clothes one by one and proceeds to wash the fluffy rainbow hair until Sehun whines.

 

“I am not. SHORT!!!!”

 

Sehun is only 5 inches tall. He was 2 when Chanyeol first had him. And needless to say, Chanyeol is 8”1, as in 7-something feet taller than the tiny brat with a big mouth..

 

“Why yes, yes you are, shortie.”



 

\\\



 

“Annyonghaseyo. You are listening to your favorite radio show, Chankira, and I am your favorite host who is handsome, has the y voice and a handsome face to die for, Park Chan Yeol imnida!”

 

“That’s one lame introduction, dude.” Sehun, the little that is hiding behind Chanyeol’s hoodie, in the crook of the dark-haired boy’s neck, whispers softly in his ear. Of course nobody else hears this, but someone with an incisive pair of eyes might notice Chanyeol itching in discomfort.

 

Shut up, Sehoney.” Chanyeol murmured under his breath, and smiles a 100-kilowatt grin at his guests who are eyeing him curiously. Somewhere behind his earlobes, Sehun bites hard onto his skin (Chanyeol almost yelps like a little girl) and not a word is heard from him anymore.

 

“Our topic today is “Career”, and our crew have invited some of the most successful people in Korea to talk about their passion and what led them to where they are today. Let’s welcome your favorite painter, Kris-ssi, and owner of the biggest mandu restaurant in Korea, Xiumin-ssi!”




 

\\\



 

Once upon a time, Chanyeol was a loser. Not your average loser, but the-loser-sitting-on-the-rooftop-eating-lunch-by-himself kind of loser. The kid that always failed History and Calculus, and rapping nonsensical stuff that rhymes is all he’s got. The kid that got rejected by his ultra crush Byun Baek Hyun aka The ByunBaek, with the capital “T”, in front of a thousand of high school kids who were way cooler than he would ever be.

 

And then he met Omija. (Not that he has been less of a loser since then)

 

“What are you looking at? Have you ever seen an Omija fairy before?”

 

Chanyeol stared wide-eyed at the minute creature before him, the boy-like creature wet with the aromatic omija tea and sparkly wings behind his back. In fact, Chanyeol was not so sure that it was a boy, judging by the squeaky voice and girly rainbow hair to match. He must be dreaming. Yes, dreaming indeed.

 

“Babo yah.”

 

The pixie pricked his nose with the “magic” wand - which, mind you, was tiny too. And , that hurt.

 

“Ouch!” Chanyeol shrieked, and other customers started to give him the weird look. Even his good friend Luhan, who owned the place, cocked an eyebrow at him. (Chanyeol thought Luhan was his friend because he was the only one who would talk to him).

 

And that was the beginning of 365 restless days that Park Chan Yeol has to babysit an annoying brat who demands to be bathed in strawberry milk and to be fed a good deal of cheesy spaghetti.




 

\\\




 

“Why don’t you just wish for a kitty so I can leave? You’re so boring, Park Cha Yeol.”

 

“It’s Chan Yeol, and I hate cats.”

 

“Okay. How about a puppy?”

 

“Allergic.”

 

“A fish?”

 

“That I can get from the petstore down the street? Nope.”

 

“How about a wolf?”

 

“So I can be its meal?”

 

“Urgh, Park Chan Yeol, you’re the most indecisive person I have ever met!”

 

When Oh Se Hun is tired, his hair turns green. Like broccoli green. Chanyeol hates broccoli because it makes him sick somehow, so Chanyeol fixes this by giving Sehun a load of cookies to munch on so that his hair turns dark brown. And Chanyeol swears it is the prettiest shade of dark brown he has ever seen on a person’s head, providing that Sehun has some human traits in his extra-small-sized body.

 

Chanyeol wanted to say, I don’t want an animal. I just wanna keep you, then, but he never found the courage to.




 

\\\



 

It is ultra awkward with Baekhyun.

 

Especially when Sehun keeps murmuring nonsense to his pointy ears, something along the lines of “that’s a really bad pickup line” or “he will never date you even if I make you look cool and ”.

 

They meet again after 5 years, and Chanyeol is now a lot less than the loser he was before in high school. Baekhyun is now a makeup artist, coordi hyung, or however you put it, for some stupid idol group that acts like they have superpowers and come from another planet. And Chanyeol, courtesy of Sehun’s magic wand, is now a sensational radio host with half the nation listening to his voice every night. They stands on the same rank. But even so, Chanyeol can’t reach the eyeliner beauty sitting right across from him.

 

“So...how’s work?”

 

“Good.”

 

With his attempt at ice breaker failing miserably, Chanyeol sighs. It’s not like they are high school kids anymore. The crush thingy, it just doesn’t feel the same.

 

“Look, I don’t think this is working out,” Chanyeol says before standing up from the dining table, his piece of roasted beef untouched.

 

“Me too.” Baekhyun says without an emotion in his shining eyes. Not letting the other sees his tears, Chanyeol bolts to the nearest restroom, sobbing away the pain in his heart. He looks like in the mirror, but Sehun’s nagging again.

 

“This is all your fault. This is all your fault this happened! Go away, moron, I don’t wanna see you anymore!” Chanyeol shouts a little too loudly at the little one on his shoulder, and Sehun, with sadness adorning his hazel eyes, scurries away. He may or may not have given Chanyeol an amazing job and a handsome face, but even so, Baekhyun’s heart is all but an intangible dream. Baekhyun’s only dating him because Chanyeol might promote him more. Baekhyun’s only dating him because of the fame. This is anything but love.




 

\\\



 

“I wish...I wish that you’re human, Sehun.”

 

Sehun is crying silently in his little cottage beside Chanyeol’s bed when he hears the taller sleeptalking in an incoherent mess of Chinese, Korean and English.

 

When Sehun is sad, his hair turns black, and his tears turn black. It hurts a lot but Chanyeol won’t hear his cries. Getting himself together, Sehun struggles to fly next to Chanyeol’s face and kisses the taller’s nose, eyelids and ears as if it’s the last time.

 

Chanyeol dreams of a full-sized fairy in lacy bra and thong but Sehun doesn’t know this. It’s supposed to be Baekhyun but all he sees is Sehun, Sehun, Sehun, and when he kisses the lithe male, his rainbow hair would change colors. It’s sort of cute, actually. Chanyeol really likes the pink in Sehun’s cotton candy hair and the reddish blush on his soft cheeks.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t know he’s made his third wish that night. He doesn’t know that by morning, Sehun won’t be there to wake him up with fairy dust kisses.

 

When Omijas stop being what they are, they die.



 

\\\



 

Sehun was human once.

 

Once upon a time, in a magical world called Neverland, there was no time. There was no aging and dying. There was a boy, Tao his name was, who brought Sehun from his house in Seoul and into a new world of everlasting happiness and magical adventures. They were all kids back then. Neverland was utopia.

 

But what is a world without aging?

 

Tao was obsessed with being young. He tried and tried to manipulate the hands of time, until one day, he was stuck in nothingness. In nothingness there was no time.

 

And Sehun, naive as he was, was stuck as an Omija fairy, granting wishes for 1000 years. He watches as people age and die while he sulks, all by himself, with the so-called beauty of being young.

 

Sehun missed being a human.

 

Will there come a day when he would wake up and vanish into a puff of glitters, to never see the light of dawn?

 

He’s seen everything he needs to see, do everything he needs to do. So, what’s the fun of it, anyhow?



 

\\\



 

“Annyonghaseyo.You are listening to your favorite show, Chankira, and I am your favorite host Park Chan Yeol with the y voice and all. As some of you may know, today is our 800th episode already. Wow time sure flies by, right. Yes, this is also our last show, everyone! And to clear up some rumours, no I am not going to be a phone operator. Haha. I still can’t think of any else to do after the show ends. But I will be fine, everyone, so don’t worry about it too much.”

 

Some nineteen years later, Chanyeol is still a lonely radio host hyung who is less cheerful than he looks. Being dumb and dorky is all part of the job, but ever since he woke up to a pile of fairy dust that morning, Chanyeol’s eyes lost that glint of joy. His cartons of strawberry milk piled up into heaps, not having anyone to bathe in. (Chanyeol would not, for the life of him, bathe in strawberry milk because that is unmanly). He ate so much of Sehun’s cookies that he will probably die a diabetic old man. A diabetic, lonely old man.

 

Chanyeol wanders the streets of Seoul, shuddering by himself. The cold bites into his skin, eating into his bones. Seeing a newly opened tea shop somewhere near his radio station, Chanyeol runs straight inside. Curse his stomach which is rumbling noisily for food. He remembers how the first thing he wished for, many years ago, from Sehun was a bowl of jajangmyeon to feed his hunger. It was the dumbest wish he has ever made.

 

The aromatic omija tea wakes Chanyeol. It feels like so many years ago, when he was young and a loser, wandering the streets of Seoul for a warm drink to heat up his frozen fingers. Like that time when omija came to his life like crisp autumn wind and left like lightning with Chanyeol’s heart.

 

Chanyeol looks up into a pair of hazel eyes, glistening with youth and mischief in all its nineteen-year-old glory. .

 

The boy smiles. Chanyeol’s world stops spinning.


“Oh Se Hun, I think you owe me a wish.”

 

THE END

 


 

 

 

 

 

a/n: haha how do you like it? a sequel would most likely involving oldman!Chanyeol and 19!Sehun trololol. 

i hope i did the fanart some justice T___T it is just too cuteeeeeeee

Chanhun is sooooo cuteeeeee

kay thanks for reading this! i love you! thank you for your comments, subs, upvotes,...

don't forget to check my other stories *wink chanhun wink* and let me love you *pulls into bearhug*