Coffee shop

Coffee shop

                                                

Today is quiet peaceful. The sun is shining lightly outside and the wind is blowing through the windows make my hair lightly flies. I get off the bus and step into our familiar coffee shop. This is the place we first met each other. After looking around the shop, I choose to sit on an old corner.

I don’t know how many times I have come here alone since then but it’s also good. I like the feeling that I have when I’m here, peaceful and comfortable, eventhough you’re not here with me anymore. I look through the windows peacefully, there’s a bird singing on the top of the tree. I smile lightly because I’m interested. My life is still good, you see?

“One coffee and one milk like many times before, right?” – The waitress askes and smiles at me while she is cleaning the table.

“No, bring me two  cups of hot coffee please!” – I replies to her with a light voice.

“ You have changed your hobby?” – She teases me.

I don’t know how to say but maybe she is right. In fact, I can’t drink coffee, I can’t bear the bitter of it. But why I want to drink it today, I can’t explain. I just nod my head because of her question.

“ Ok, wait for some minutes” – After saying these words, she leaves to prepare for my order.

The atmosphere has become silent again after she has left. I lean my back against the chair and unbridle myself. Suddenly, they play our song “ Coffee shop”. That is the song I like the best because it’s nearly like my mood.

“Monday, Tuesday, Everyday
I get by and I am well
I meet up with a lot of friends
These days, a lot of things make me laugh”

“Summer,Winter,Spring & Fall
Time goes so fast
But why I am at the same place
Waiting for you?”

I smirk myself. It’s right when I say that there are a lot of things make me laugh but I don’t feel really happy. I laugh because I need to. I meet up with my friends because we need to. I don’t want to die in loneliness. So I need to put on my mask and continue to live like that. Anyway, I find it’s also good. Everyday, I practice waking up with the help of the alarm. I try to go to work by bus in stead of going with you by your car. And I’m used to going to the coffee shop alone.

“ Your two cups of hot coffee are here” – The waitress has woke me up from the complicated thinkings. She puts two cups of hot coffee on the table.

“ Thank you” – I replies

“ Have a good drinking!” – She gives me a familiar chuckle and I smile back to her.

After she has left, I stop smiling and look at the two cups of coffee on the table. The coffee drops lightly in the cup and tears also fall down in my face. The seat in front of me used to have one person. But now it’s empty. It’s empty like my heart. Suddenly, I realize that I can’t cry anymore, so I quickly wipe my tears out and wryly smile. I get a coffee sip without sugar. It’s so bitter that I want to reject it all.

--------

“ Aishhh!!! Too bitter! Junhong ah, why do you like this hell drinking huh?” – My face turned bad when I had drunk your coffee. You laughed at me when you saw my bad emotional face.

“ Hyung ah, coffee is a good drinking” – After laughing a lot, you looked at me and started explaining.

“ It make me feel better when I’m tired” – You continued.

“ I hate coffee, it make my tongue be frozen” – After rejecting all the hell coffee I had drunk, I expressed my feeling about it.

You picked the cup up and drank it comfortably. Your face told me that you was very satisfied with it.

“ One day, you will need coffee hyung ah” – You chuckled.

-------

I try to swallow all the coffee I has drunk step by step. Finally, with my efforts, it has run to my stomach. It’s the second time that I has drunk this scary drinking. But after the first scare, I realize that it’s tasty. Its savour isn’t like the first time I drank it. I continue to drink the second sip, although it’s still bitter, I feel better.

Putting down my cup of coffee, I look at the other one. It’s still at the same place because no one has picked it up. The coffee is spilling out of the cup. Suddenly, I feel a little bit sad. Is there your seat? But why it is empty and cold like that? I sit up, put the sugar in and start shaking it with a little spoon.  After doing these things, I taste it… It’s sweeter than mine but I like the bitter one more.Some one told me that sweety can make you happy but it can’t last long. Bitter maybe bring you miseries but it is better if you can find the way to make it be sweet.

------
“ Hyung ah, please drink coffee with me” – You gave me the cup of coffee and suggested

“ No, it’s too bitter” – I shook my head and pulled the cup away. I picked up my favorite milk and started to drink.

“ Ashii!!! Why do you like milk like that?” – You frowned and didn’t force me anymore.  Taking back your coffee and drinking it, you asked me.

“ Because it’s sweet!” – I smiled satisfiedly and chuckled.

“ You like sweety?” – You gave me another question.

“Uhm” – I just nodded my head. Suddenly you looked at me with serious eyes. Your sight made me confused.

“ Hyung ah, you used to ask me why I do like coffee without sugar right?” – You asked in a low tone. I nodded

“ Just because I like the bitter.” – You continued.

“ Huh?” – I rose my eyebrows and widened my eyes.

“ Hyung ah, sweety is not good. It can’t make you happy but bitter can.In real life, if you know how to overcome your difficulties, you will live happier than the one who just know the sweety. Because you have more experiences than them. Life is not a romance story so that you need to get used to with this.”

Suddenly, I felt hurt deep in my heart. Junhong ah, was you in trouble that you need to drink coffee to feel relax?

­-----

Thinking about you make me hurt. Unluckily, my tears fall down again unconciously. In this place, we used to have a lot of happy moments and it keeps replaying in mind mind like a sad film. Your face, your smiles, I still can’t forget it all. I wipe out my tears again but it keep falling down. I quickly take a cup of coffee without sugar on the table and keep drinking it. Because I want to stop crying so I drink very fast. The bitter run into my throat and I get cough. I start to cough harder and harder. My face turn very red. Seeing what happening, the waitress rushes into me ask worriedly.

“ Are you ok?”

I can’t talk because of the cough but I give her a “ok” sigh by my fingers. She gives me a cup of ice tea to release the cough.

“Thank you very much” – I reply to her after drinking it.

She gives me a smile and looks at the empty seat in front of me, asks:

“ You usually come here alone but why you order two cups of coffee? I’m curious”

“ That’s for my love” – I answer her.

“ Oh…but where is that person?” – She continues to ask with curiousity.

“ Uhm…….” – I hesitate – “ Not here” – There is something in my throat.

“ Oh sorry, that’s my fault. I have asked something that I shouldn’t” – She looks at me with guilty eyes.

“ No problem!” – I chuckle –“ Anyway, thank you for helping me”

Outside, the sun is shining so hard  now. I look at my watch, it’s 7am right now so I need to go to a place. Getting out of the coffee shop, I head to the flower shop. I choose some beautiful chamomiles and them together. Leaving the flower shop, I’m going to the cemetery to meet my love.

After driving fifteen minutes, now I’m standing in front of a tomb on which has a name “ Choi Junhong” . In the picture, he’s smiling very shine. He’s still like that, always smile eventhough he is in troubles. Suddenly, I hate his smile very bad. Junhong ah, have you ever cried once? Do you know how to cry? Tears always fall down when you feel sad but with him, he always smiles like nothing happened.

I put down the chamomiles.

I look at him and chuckled.

“ Junhong ah, today I know how to drink coffee without sugar. Thank you so much!” – I whisper into the breeze.

The coffee shop that we used to go to

Our coffee shop

I’m blankly sitting here, where I can smell your scent

I still can’t forget you

Our memories still remain

So without knowing, like a habit

 I came here.

_______

English is not my first language so forgive me if I have gramatical mistakes. Hope you like this story!!! ^^ Please let me know what do you think about my story! Dear!! ^^