Theirs

An Encounter

Jang Mi was lost in her thoughts when she walked pass the last alley. She stopped by a tree and looked around. This time, too, she would be leaving with even more curiosity. She knew she would be spending the next months wondering, until she couldn’t bear it and bring herself to Gongju for another visit. She sighed with a slight of sadness in her beautiful pair of eyes.

Just before tears could start to gather, her cellphone rang. She mentally thanked whoever was calling, as she could hardly admit that she longed to see that particular someone she only got to meet once.

She looked at the caller ID before picking up. It was her mother. She glanced her watch on her left wrist and realized she had been there for two hours already.

“Yes, mom?” she said as soon as she slid the ‘answer’ symbol.

“My dear, are you still in Gongju?” mom asked. Jang Mi chuckled as she could hear her mother’s worried voice through the phone.

“Yes, I’m still here, mom. I’ll be going home in any minute, I won’t miss dinner. Don’t worry,” she calmed her mother.

“Okay, then. Take care on your way home, darling. Drive safe,” her mother reminded her before hanging up. Jang Mi was still smiling when she put her cellphone in her pocket.

She was about to go back to her car when a furry friend stood a few steps away in front of her. It was huge, and perfectly white. She was startled at first because of its size, because dogs with that size were usually fierce. But seeing its swaying tail and friendly eyes, Jang Mi knew the dog was a friend.

She approached to touch it. The dog was almost as tall as her when she squatted in front of it. She ruffled its head while it just stood still, feeling comfortable. She noticed the collar which made her to look around, looking for its owner. But she saw no one.

“Vick! Stop running away!” She heard a husky voice, panting. She turned her head to her right as it was where the voice came from. She saw a man in a black coat, and a scarf which covered his mouth and nose. She could tell he was catching his breath. As he came closer, she noticed something familiar with his figure.

And he drew his scarf down, exposing his face.

Lightning caught her off guard. She blinked her eyes hard to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating, but she dared not to blink for the second time as she was afraid he would be gone by then.

He, who still didn’t notice the girl next to his dog, approached his furry friend and grabbed his collar. Just then he turned his eyes to the girl and met her pair of orbs.

Time stopped. His body froze, just like the girl in front of him. Their gaze was locked. Everything was so vivid, exactly like how he saw her in his memory. Still the same dark brown orbs he remembered getting lost in, pearly skin he dreamed caressing, and a pair of pale pink lips he longed pressing against his. It took a good half minute for him to believe she was real.

“Hi.”

And still the same smile that made his heart skipped its beat. “Hi.”

 


Thank you for reading my shortfic :) See you in another story! ^_^