Eight

You're my bodyguard

It’s been a month since Taemin started to live in Minho’s place and at that time the two of them slowly start to get comfortable with each other. Though there are times that Minho was acting as a spoiled brat and Taemin as a bad tempered guy, their relationship was more than okay than when they met each other.

For Taemin, Minho is not really a bad person just like what he thought he is, he juts have the attitude where sometimes he wanted to shoot him with his gun. Especially when the other was teasing him of being such a girly girl whenever him with his hair tied. Just like now, he was currently playing Minho’s tablet when the other approached him.

“Hey chic.” He called him while leaning on the door frame.

He looked up and threw a glared at his boss. “What?” He asked uninterested to the other’s answer when he gets back his attention to his game.

“Get your off that couch. We are going somewhere.” The brunette walked to the drawer beside the door to grab his car key.

“Where?” He asked while turning off his game and packing it in his bag as if it was his.

Minho didn’t answer and just walked towards the door followed by Taemin.

 

“What are we doing here?” Taemin asked when they park at the flower/chocolate shop.

“To buy flowers and chocolate.” The taller boy answered sarcastically. He got off the car first and when he noticed that Taemin is not moving in his chair, he leaned down. “Are you not coming?” He asked the boy who was leaning his back in the chair with his eyes close.

“Nope. I’ll just wait for you here.” He answered while his eyes were still closed. He had a bad experience when the last time he went to a shop with his boss. The sales lady thought that he was Minho’s girlfriend and he was so sure that it will gonna happen again. Sometimes he wanted to cut his long hair so that people can stop mistaking as a girl. He’s getting tired of saying to them that he’s a God damn man. But then he realizes that he doesn’t have to do that, people can think whatever they want.

When he heard that Minho closed the door of the car, he thought that the other already walked towards the shop but he was shocked when the door in his side open and Minho unbuckled his seat belt.

“Yah! What are you doing?” He pushed the other away from his body and he didn’t know but he felt his heartbeat raising when he smell that masculine scent form the other’s while he was taking his seatbelt off. This is not the first time that it happens. He didn’t know but whenever the other was moving closer to him, he just can’t stop shivering.

“You are going with me.” The other said then he looked around when he notice that there are two school student looking at them.

“I said I don’t want to.” He tried to put his seatbelt again but Minho pulled him out of the car. Because of the shocked, he almost lost his balance, good thing Minho was holding his arm. When he saw the two school girls looking at them and was giggling as if they are watching some stupid romantic drama, he pushed Minho away. “Okay fine. I am coming with you.” He said in defeat.

They already bought a chocolate and had already chosen a flower and was currently waiting for it to be arranged by the old lady but Taemin doesn’t still know for whom those gifts are. He was thinking that maybe Minho has another date today. He hated it when the other has a date because he have to wait in the car for almost three hours waiting for them to finish their date which is basically just eating in a fancy restaurant.

“Boss. For who is that for?” He asked curiously.

“For Yuri. She’s been sick for almost a week and she asked me to visit her.” Minho answered while looking at the old lady who was busy arranging the flower.

He chuckled. “So if she didn’t ask you are you not going to visit her?” Sometimes he wonders if Minho really loves Yuri.

“Not really. She knows that I am a very busy person and she understands that.”

He just shrugged his shoulder and wait for the flower to be finished.

“Here you go handsome boy.” The old lady passed the flower to Minho after she finished arranging it then she looked at Taemin. “Your boyfriend is really sweet young lady.” She said smiling.

The younger boy took a deep breath. He was right from the very first start. This lady thought he was Minho’s girlfriend. He was about to tell her that she’s wrong but Minho covered his mouth.

“Thank you Ajumma. These flowers are so beautiful.” The taller boy said before he looked at Taemin who was glaring at him. “Right?” He asked the younger.

After paying they immediately stepped out of the shop.

“Why did you stop me when I was about to correct her?” the younger asked when they were already in the car.

“Do you want that old lady to feel bad mistaking you as a girl?” Minho started the engine of the car.

He was surprised that Minho has that attitude where he can think about someone’s feelings or maybe he only have a soft spot for his elderly.

“Here.” Minho passed him the box of the chocolate.

“What is this for?” He asked curiously while looking at the box of chocolate. He was the one of who choose it when Minho asked him to pick a chocolate.

“For you young lady.” He said while smiling. Taemin didn’t say anything and just glared at the other. “I just realize that Yuri doesn’t like chocolate. The last time a brought her a very expensive one she just gave it to her maid. Flowers is enough for her.”

“What’s so good about flowers? It’s not like they can eat it.” He said while opening the box of chocolate. It’s always a mystery to him why most girls preferred getting a flower from their boyfriends instead of chocolate of any foods. Flowers can only use as a decoration. It can never fill your stomach.

“You’re not a girl that’s why you will never ever know why they like flowers.” Minho said.

It didn’t take them a long drive when they reach Yuri’s house. Just like Minho, the girl’s house is not a joke. It’s as big as Minho’s house.

“A prince is really for a princess.” Taemin thought while they are getting off the car.

Minho went to Yuri’s room and he just waited in the living room busy looking around the picture frames. When he got bored looking around, he sat on the couch and started to play games. He was so immersed in his game, that’s why he didn’t notice Yuri and Minho who was now walking towards him.

“I’m so sorry Tae for making you wait.” Yuri said while she was holding Minho’s arm.

He stood up and put back the tablet in his bag. “It’s okay noona. I think it’s my job to wait.” Yuri already knows his true identity when he saved Minho from his killer.

Yuri chuckled. “Thank you for saving Mino’s life and looking after him. I know that his life is not that precious for you to take care of, but I hope you can continue to look out for him.” She looked up at his boyfriend who gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Taemin cleared his throat. “Sure. You don’t have to say that to me noona. I love this job and I promise to you that no one can hurt you..erm..fiancé.” He took a deep breath after what he said. It was so hard for him to say those words.

“Thank you again Tae.” Yuri said.

“So, I think we have to go now honey. Take care of yourself okay.” The brunette said then he kiss the girl on the lips.

Taemin turned around and started to walk towards the door. He feels awkward watching lovers kissing. He waited in the car when Minho and Yuri stepped out of the house.

“Take care on your way home.” The girl said when Minho got in the car.

“Bye noona. Get well soon.” Taemin waved when Minho stared to drive the car.

Minho was already reversing the car outside the garage when they almost hit a van. 

 

They are already on the highway when suddenly Taemin notice the same van that he saw when they were at the flower shop and the same van that they almost hit on Yuri’s neighborhood. He doesn’t want to think bad but he has a bad feeling.

“Boss. I think that we are being followed.” He said while looking at the side mirror.

“What?” Minho then copied the other who was looking at the side mirror. “How did you know?”

“That van behind us is the same van in the shop and at Yuri noona’s neighbourhood.” He saw that the van was starting to move fast and it looks like it was about to catch them. “Drive fast boss.” He said calmly while pulling his gun out.

When Minho saw Taemin holding his gun he got panic. “Yah! What are you doing? We are on the highway.” They are still far from the highway exit and there’s a lot of cars on the road. It’s not good to have some action here.

“Don’t worry boss. Just focus on driving.” It was only a meter away until the van catches them. When he saw the driver smiling it just confirmed that he was right. They are Minho’s killer.

When the van catches them, he opened his windshield just to be surprised when he saw the guy pointing a gun at them. But instead of shooting it, he just mouthed:

You both are going to die.” Then after that he shot the gun upwards that cause a ruckus on the highway.

When he looked at Minho, the other was so dumbfounded and was not focusing on his road that’s why he didn’t notice the truck in front of them.

Good thing he grabbed the wheel immediately so that they luckily escape the accident. He parked it on the road side. “ Minho! Do you what you just did there. We almost—”

“They really wanted me dead.” Minho mumble while his whole body was shivering. He doesn’t want to show this weak side to anyone but he just can’t help it. He was scared. He saw the killer and he looks familiar. When he looked straight from the man’s eyes a very sudden fear run in his veins. He was scared. Really scared.

Taemin saw how scared Minho is and to be honest, it really broke his heart seeing the other like this. No matter how strong he looks, Minho has been just like a kid whenever this situation happens.

The other was starting to sweat and his face was already pale. He got his handkerchief in his pocket and started to wipe the other’s sweat. He was shivering.

“Minho.”

“I am scared Taemin.” The other mumble. “I don’t know what I did wrong for them to want me dead. I am scared.”

He took a deep breath then in his unconscious mind, he held the other’s hands. “Don’t worry Minho. I am here to save you. I am here. Always.” He said looking at the other’s face.

Minho turned his head to face him. “Thank you.” He said then he looked at Taemin’s hands that was holding his hands tightly.

When the younger notice that Minho was looking at his hands, he immediately released the other’s hands. He cleared his throat. “I don’t think that you can be able to drive. Let’s change position.” He got out of the car to change their position. “But Minho. I wonder how did your killer knows where we at. I never saw that van when we left your house. I just notice them when we arrive at the shop. They are already at the parking.”

“I don’t know.” The other said while his eyes close and was trying to relax his body.

Taemin was thinking when he suddenly something popped in his mind. “Beside your Key hyung, as your assistant, who else knows your schedule?”

“Why?”

“Today is weekend. Your killer will never know when are you going to out. I can understand when they plan an action when it’s weekend, but today is not. How did they know that you are going out today and the exact place where are you be at.”

Minho opened his eyes then he turned to Taemin. “What do you mean by that?”

“I’m thinking. Your killer might be someone who knows you very well and knows every single thing about you, to think that they know that shop which you said, your favorite flower shop.” He answered wishing that what he was suspecting was wrong.