Kim Saemi

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saemi just arrived at the café. She pushed the glass door and went inside. Her phone suddenly rang. She pulled out her phone and instantly her face brightened up when she saw the caller ID. She slid the green button and put it to her ear.

“Oppa!” She squealed on her phone. The other line was quiet for a while. She furrowed her eyebrows. “Oppa? Are you there?” Saemi asked.

“Saemi?” The other line asked uncertainly. “Neh.” Saemi answered. “Yah! Kim Saemi! Where have you been? I called you but someone else answered your phone telling me that it was not your number!” Her oppa said it in one breath in anger.

Saemi was about to open when her oppa accused, “Is that your boyfriend? Did you get yourself a boyfriend in Korea? If he is your boyfriend then I don’t approved it at all!” He vented his anger all out and Saemi patiently heard what he said.

Saemi tapped her sneaker on the wooden floor and pursed up her lips. “Are you done?” She said with a bored tone. She heard a huffed on the other side, “Yes.”

“Now I can explain right?” Saemi asked. “Yes.” Her oppa said. Saemi started to tell him what happened and her oppa quietly heard what she said.

“And he is definitely not my boyfriend.” Saemi finished telling her little story and she could hear her oppa sighed in relief. “I’m glad that he is not your boyfriend. You already promised me that you won’t have any boyfriend. Appa and Umma, including me are in search for your future husband. So when we found one don’t make any excuse. Araso?” Her oppa said firmly.

“Neh oppa, I know. I already said to you that I’ll leave it all to you, umma and appa.” Saemi said. She looked at the time on her watch. “I got to go oppa. I got to go to work.” Saemi said.

“Okay. I’ll come visit you in less than a month.” Her oppa said.

“Neh, bye oppa.” “Bye.” They hung up. Saemi went to the back to change her clothes.

------------------

L.Joe was driving on the road in his black Audi R8 GT. His mind was thinking about what he talked to his friends back at the restaurant. How was he to get revenge on that girl? Of course he had her number because of the phone incident. But after what happened, he was sure that Saemi won’t pick up her phone if she saw who the caller was.

“Hmm... How should I do it?” L.Joe tapped his finger on the steering wheel and thought about it. A few minutes later, he arrived at his cafe. He looked up at the signed ‘Angel Cafe.’ He turned off the engine and about to get out from the car, but stopped when he saw a familiar girl inside the cafe. He stuck his nose on the car’s window like a complete stalker and observed the girl who was taking orders. He blinked a couple of times and then his eyes widened.

“That’s her!” He shouted inside his car. Fortunately for him, no one heard him. He nodded his head with a satisfied smiled. “Heaven must have had help me to get my revenge! Thank you!” He clasped his hands together and looked at the bright sky. Then he looked back at the cafe with a smirked.

In his mind, he thought that heaven helped him to get revenge... but what he thought was the opposite of what will happen in the future.

------------

“Kamsahamnida. Please come again.” Saemi bowed to the customers with a bright smiled. Then she went at the back to the kitchen. She saw her boss making a coffee. She saw him skillfully made a butterfly shape on a latte. She watched him in awed. Not only he had good looks but he also got the skills.

Jonghwan pressed the bell and Daehyun took the latte to a customer. Jonghwan turned around to go make other drinks when he spotted Saemi staring at him. Saemi blinked her small eyes and looked around. “Did I get caught staring at him?” Saemi bit her tongue. Jonghwan leaned his hand on the counter and gave a smiled to Saemi. “You really did a good job on your first day.” He complimented.

Saemi looked up to his face and saw him smiling. She bowed a bit with a smiled. “Thank you. I’ll try my best to do better than this.”

“I like that spirit.” Jonghwan nodded his head.

“Well… I better go back to work.” Saemi jabbed her thumb at the kitchen.

“Saemi-ssi.” Jonghwan called her. She stopped on her track and looked at him.

“Do you know… who the guy is?” Jonghwan asked. Saemi was puzzled, which guy did he mentioned about?

“Who?” Saemi asked, totally didn’t know who her boss was talking about.

“The…  Guy that you argued yesterday. Do you know who he is?” Jonghwan asked a little bit clearly this time. Saemi blinked her eyes a couple of times and then remembered about the encountered she had with this guy name L.Joe.

“Oh… That guy. I don’t know who he is. We ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter