Warming Up

Our Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At night L.Joe brought Saemi up at the hill. They were sitting on the hood of the car, looking out at the beautiful view in front of them. Even though they couldn’t see the stars but the lights of the buildings in front was enough to create a wonderful night.

Smiles lit up both of their faces as they enjoyed the silence between them.

“Did you enjoy the date today?” L.Joe asked. Saemi nodded with a smiled. “I had a lot of fun today.”

L.Joe smiled, glad that he made Saemi happy. Suddenly his smiled slowly faded as he thought about something. He wanted to ask Saemi about this since he met that one certain guy at the restaurant. His rival for Saemi’s heart, that was what he thought, Taemin.

“Saemi, can I ask you something?” L.Joe started his question.

“Sure. What is it?” Saemi said and turned her head to look at L.Joe. But he was looking down on his laps. With a deep breath he asked, “Who is Taemin?”

Saemi eyes widened and she quickly looked away. Her heart was beating faster. “He… is my friend. My old friend from high school. I thought I said that before.”

“You did… you did say it before. But I feel like there was something happened between you two before. The way he looks at you, I can sense something. I am a guy Saemi, and I know when a guy look at a girl with full of meanings.” L.Joe voiced out what he felt inside of him. He wanted to know if Taemin is really his rival or not, whether Saemi has a feeling for Taemin or not.

Saemi froze; she didn’t know what to say. She didn’t want L.Joe to know about her past with Taemin and how her feelings inside her started to build up again for Taemin.

“I don't know what you’re talking about Byunghun. Taemin and I are just friends. Nothing more, nothing less and we were just classmates before. We’re not even close.” Saemi lied. She didn’t even dare to look at L.Joe for saying those words. L.Joe smirked, he somehow knew that Saemi lied to him. But he just let it slipped. Saemi will tell him the truth when she was ready. He didn’t want to pressure her with question that she didn’t want to answer.

“Okay then. I believe you. I just wanted to know.” L.Joe gave a smiled to her, she responded it with a small smiled of hers. They looked back at the view in front of them.

“I’m sorry that I can’t tell you the truth Byunghun. I just can’t bring myself to tell you.”

------------------------

 

After going to the night market and enjoyed street foods, at midnight L.Joe sent Saemi home. He parked his car in front of Saemi’s house. He went out from the car and opened the door for Saemi.

“M’lady.” He held the door and bowed like a gentleman. Saemi giggled. “Why thank you Mr. Lee Byunghun.”

L.Joe closed the door and faced Saemi. “Thank you for today. I had a lot of fun.” Saemi said with a bright smiled.

“No problem. I had fun too. I hope we can go on dates more often.” L.Joe said and put his hands inside his pocket. Saemi smiled. “That… would be nice.” She stated shyly and curled a hair behind her ear. She couldn’t look at him in the eyes when she said those words.

L.Joe smiled gently at her with affectionate dripping from his eyes. He just love the way she shyly stated what she thought. It was the first time he ever saw her like this. Usually she was the tough cookie that L.Joe couldn’t get closer with. Now that he was getting closer to Saemi he fell more deeply in love with her.

He took a step closer to Saemi. “Saemi…” He whispered her name ever so gently that it made Saemi heart skipped a beat. She gulped and tried to calm her heart that was beating faster. L.Joe lifted up her chin with his finger and made her looked straight at him in the eyes. Once again Saemi was mesmerized by his brown eyes and she was drowned in it.

“I know… I had said this before in front of your brothers. But I never said it to you face to face like this. I don't know when this feeling towards you started. All I know is that I already really fell for you deeper than I thought…” L.Joe said gently. Saemi eyes flickered in surprised and she held her breath waiting for him to continue his words. L.Joe took a deep breath. “Saemi… I… I…”

“Saemi.” A stern voice called. Saemi turned around and her eyes widened seeing Taemin at her house. L.Joe furrowed his eyebrows. Taemin strode over and grabbed Saemi’s wrist. He pulled her beside him, making sure that she was nowhere near L.Joe. L.Joe’s expression went rigid when he saw Taemin pulled her harshly.

“Where were you? Why didn’t you answer my call?” Taemin asked Saemi. She looked at L.Joe then looked at Taemin. “I was with Byunghun and my phone broke.”

“Broke? Or this guy won’t let you answer your phone?” Taemin accused and glanced at L.Joe.

“Hey, be careful where you pointing your finger at.” L.Joe stated and glared at him. Taemin just smirked and didn’t even glance at him.

Saemi furrowed her eyebrows. She didn’t like the way Taemin accused L.Joe like that. “My phone is really broke. If you don't believe it…” She took out her phone from her jean’s pocket and gave it to Taemin. “…then see it yourself.”

Taemin took the phone and checked it. It was true that her phone was broke. He didn’t say anything anymore. Saemi turned to L.Joe with a smiled. “Byunghun… I think you should go.”

L.Joe smiled a bit. “I think I should too. I’ll call you.” Saemi nodded. He went inside his car and started the engine. Saemi waved to him and then he drove away.

Saemi glanced at Taemin and then walk to her house. Before she could reach the door, Taemin held her back. She turned around to face Taemin. Even though it was dark, but under the dim moonlight Saemi could see that he was not happy,

“I need to talk to you.” Taemin said firmly.

“Can we talk tomorrow? I’m tired.” Saemi said. After the date she was really drained. She just wanted to get inside her house, wash up and then go to sleep.

“How come when you with that Byunghyun guy you’re not tired but when with me you give reason?” Taemin said and stared at her. Saemi furrowed her eyebrows. She didn’t like Taemin’s way.

“It’s Byunghun and I didn’t give you reason. I’m really tired right now and I think we can talk tomorrow. It’s not like you live miles away from me.” Saemi stated sternly.

Taemin stared at her for a long time. “I want you to stop going out with him.”

Saemi eyes widened and she stared at him disbelief. “For your information Lee Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter