Damaged

HelloBerry: Yunjae Fanfic Rec
Author: aquariuslover
Length: Chaptered (Complete at 49 chapters)
Rating: R
Genre: Future AU, Drama, Angst
Summary: On a cold winter’s day he cast their love away for the sake of his family. The following autumn an act of vengeance left their love beyond the reaches of forgiveness. Two summers later a fan’s anger and the ultimate act of self-sacrifice would redefine everything they knew about love, pride, selfishness, and forgiveness.
Ahh. Damaged. One of the fandom's favorite's, and a fic that I honestly didn't think I would read so soon. Everyone told me it was really angsty and heartbreaking, and I tend to avoid angst, so I stayed away from this fic. But I couldn't help myself.. and I ended up reading it. Which, actually, i'm really glad I did. :D Here is just what I think about it; don't read if you don't want spoilers ^^:
 
The thing that really broke my heart in this fic was the fact how it was so harshly similiar to reality. With Yunho and Jaejoong having to having to their hide relationship from the world, Changmin's 'hate' for JYJ, etc. I felt really sad for Min, because he kept saying he hated JYJ, but deep down he had missed the love they had all shared. Junsu was another one I found myself pitying because he so deeply regretted what they had done and all he wanted was Yunho's forgiveness. That scene where they hugged and cried was one of my favorites in the whole fic; because I do really believe Hosu is one of the closest in DBSK.
 
Jae.. man, I really don't know where to start about him. He was selfish at times. He was so driven by hurt and pain that he would do the craziest things, and I was really surprised when I found out what he had done with Junsu. He fools around with guys and it made me pissed that he, did kinda control Yunho at times, like trying to stop him from going to rehab, and not accepting Yunho's wish at coming out. But throughout how much I just wanted Changmin to punch him in the face again, it was obvious how madly in love he is with Yunho. He kept saying how important his career was but if Yunho died, he would kill himself too, and that actually really touched me. Because no matter of how much an he can be, his love for Yunho is greater than anything else.
 
Another one of my favorite moments in Damaged was when Yunho, finally gave in and accepted what he felt for Jaejoong again. That scene where he made Jae angry and just stood at the bedroom door, and purposely said, "I'm sorry," I couldn't stop myself from smiling, especially at how shocked Jae was, and when Yunho pulled him into a kiss, I exploded from feels. That scene was so perfectly written, with Jae's happiness and Yunho's acceptance and everything. ;__; <3
 
Heechul? Heechul was my favorite in the whole fic, haha. XD I am in love with this man like crazy. He was so hilarious at times and even though he came off as rude, all of his words were really true. His love and support for Yunho was really beautiful.  I loved Wookie and Kyu in this aswell. :D And it may be surprising but even though Yoochun was quiet in this fic, I loved him a lot. So much. It's hard to describe in words, but the way he promised Jae that he wouldn't allow him to cheat on Yunho really touched me for some reason. Even though he loved Jae, he loved Yunho a lot too. Their bond wasn't as great as Hosu's, but they held trust and I loved it.
 
"Jae closed his eyes and stepped off the ledge knowing if he could never feel those arms around him again then he would happily fall to his death. He sailed through the air, praying they would be reunited in death. He heard the fans screaming as he fell, and he smiled because he would always be young and beautiful in their eyes, and forever tied to Yunho."  This scene was amazing. I really felt Jae here. He loved money, he loved attention and his career, but the second Yunho was gone from the world; he would not hesitate before leaving it too.
 
The ending. I LOVED IT. God help me. When Yunho went on stage and said all that about Jae, and Jae just sat there, I felt my heart sink. But the second he stood up, took Yunho's hand and pulled him into a kiss, I was so fuqing happy. I cannot describe in words how much I loved Heechul at the time he gave them a standing ovation, followed by the rest of the people. I just loved Yunjae, kissing and holding eachother, completely in love with eachother. Jae's insecurities were all washed away and he knew how much Yunho loved him.
 
"Yunho and Jae broke from their passionate kiss to gaze into each other’s eyes, knowing that nothing would ever be the same again. They kept their arms tightly wrapped around each other’s waists, showing the world their love was for real and not fleeting. They knew their future would not be easy, and many struggles would lie ahead of them. They knew in that moment that as long as they were together then they could handle whatever the world threw at them. They smiled at each other and leaned in for another long lingering kiss for all the world to see. A kiss free of secrecy, shame, and full of hope…hope they would finally be free of all the damage they had ever done to each other."
Loved the ending paragrah SO SO much. xksijdikdj It felt like every speck of their love was shining at that moment.
 
Overall, the fic is an amazing read. You will enjoy it, trust me. The ending is really beautiful and even though you want to -slap some people, everything works out wonderfully. I love Maggie, I love Go Ara, I love Heechul, I love Bill too lol. I just love everyone who helped YJ in this. 
This fic makes my heart ache because I desperately want a reunion in real life again. With them smiling brightly and laughing like old times.. it really makes me want to cry. ;__;
 
That's it with my long note about Damaged. XD You will enjoy it, I assure you!