Luna

Omma & Her Kids

If there was one word to describe Luna, it was “radiant”.

Even when Victoria first met the girl, she knew what kind of person Luna was, simply from the wide and bright smile the younger girl gave her. Almost everything about Luna glowed: her smile, her laughter, and her voice. Luna was the happy virus and the energy pill of f(x). Whenever Luna was around, you were bound to hear her spirited laugh and her charming voice. You were also bound to feel the energy radiating off her.

Victoria admitted that sometimes Luna can be a little too much to handle, and she meant in a good way. Luna really was a real life energy pill. It could be because she’s young, but there were times where Victoria could not keep up with Luna’s bundle of energy. Sometimes Victoria would playfully tease Luna in order to calm the latter down, because Luna’s shoulders would temporarily sag and her lower lip would purse into a pout. But a smile would quickly replace the pout and Luna would smile and the two would embrace and laugh. In times of hardship and stress, Victoria sincerely treasured Luna for having the ability to keep everyone’s spirits high with her radiance. When everyone else was frowning or exhausted, Luna would grin and pick everyone else up.

The leader was also grateful to Luna for her motherly instinct as well. Although the rest of her members call her the omma, Victoria acknowledged that Luna was the second omma of f(x). Many times she has seen Luna lovingly take care of Sulli or Krystal, acting more like an omma than an unnie to them. Victoria was especially grateful for that side of Luna whenever she is absent from the group. Victoria never had to ask Luna to take care of the maknaes for her, because the vocalist did it regardless. Luna always thought about her fellow members before herself, and Victoria couldn’t help but admire that selfless side of the younger girl.

But Victoria learned that there was a more fragile and delicate side to Luna, and it made the leader very concerned for the vocalist at times. When it came to people’s expectations of her, whether it’d be singing, dancing, or anything else, Luna felt the strong desire to gain their acknowledgement. If Luna ever failed someone’s expectations, their words would cut her on the inside and Luna would cry, thinking she had failed everyone. It was those times Victoria realized just how sensitive Luna could be, and how underneath those radiant smiles and bundles of happy energy, is a girl who took people’s harsh words seriously.

 

 

When SM Entertainment confirmed that they would hold their first SMTOWN concert in Los Angeles, every SM artist became anxious and excited. Other than artists performing their own songs, many other extra and special stages were planned. One of the stages planned involved selected dancers from all SM groups put together for a dance stage. Among f(x), Victoria and Luna were chosen. They were both honored and promised to work hard.

During rehearsal, the guys and girls were initially split up. Victoria was told she would participate in the second half of the stage, but Luna was chosen to do a popping-duet stage with SNSD’s Hyoyeon, and even dance with other SNSD members such as Yuri, Sooyoung, and Yoona. The f(x) leader was very proud and happy for Luna, but she could see how nervous that made Luna, especially since they’ll be performing in America for the first time. A lot of pressure was suddenly placed on the small girl

Sitting with her SNSD sunbaes in the practice room, Victoria watched as Luna was rehearsing the choreography with Hyoyeon. The day of the concert was slowly approaching and the choreographer was being hard on them.

“No no no!” he began to shout angrily, pausing the music. “Luna, you keep popping off-beat! You’re not in sync with Hyoyeon! This is already the fourth time I’ve had to stop rehearsal for you!”

Luna stared at the floor in shame, and bowed repeatedly to the choreographer. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

He sighed. “Let’s just take a break for now. We’ll resume in half an hour.”

The choreographer walked away, leaving Luna standing in place, head still bowed down. Hyoyeon placed a comforting hand on Luna’s shoulder, but the younger slowly pulled away and left the practice room. Sooyoung, Yoona, and Yuri stood up from their seats, but Victoria stopped them.

“SNSD sunbaenims, I’ll take care of Luna. I’m her leader after all,” Victoria smiled softly at them.

Hyoyeon nods. “Okay. But if there’s anything we can do, please let us know Victoria unnie.”

Victoria thanked them sincerely before leaving the practice room to find Luna. A few meters away was Luna on the ground, her knees tucked underneath her head as she sobbed. The older woman kneeled down and brought Luna’s head close to her chest, cradling the younger girl.

“I k-keep messing up, Unnie…” Luna cried.

“Shhh, it’s okay. We all make mistakes, Luna. Please don’t be too hard on yourself,” Victoria cooed gently, while Luna’s soft blonde hair. “Oppa might have yelled at you, but behind his harsh words is his belief that you can do so much better than what you’re doing now.”

Luna sniffled and looked up at her leader. “R-Really?”

Victoria smiled. “Yes. He knows you can do better and he sees your potential. We all do, but you have to find the strength within yourself to find it. You might be the youngest among us, but there’s so much energy within you, waiting to burst out and show everyone what Park Sunyoung can do.”

The leader feels relieved when she earned a tiny smile from Luna. “I’m sure you’re stressed and pressured to do well. We have a break right now, and I’ll sit here by your side to help you relax.” Victoria wiped away stray tears with her thumb. “And please don’t cry anymore. That isn’t the Luna we all know and love.”

Luna’s smile widened, her heart warmed by Victoria’s words. Luna rested her head on Victoria’s shoulder and snuggled closer to the older woman. She closed her eyes, resting her body and mind.

“Thank you, Vic omma… I love you…”

Victoria smiled and leaned her head against her dongsaeng’s, finally glad she got Luna smiling again.

~~~

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I've been busy lately and also working on my other fic ^___^" Hope you all enjoyed Luna's chapter! Next up will be Sultoria (:

-Writer Wooper