Seeing The Boss

Unreliable Fates

The next morning was official the first day before Sunggyu was faced with Dongwoo. And he wanted to stop the whole case before anymore days passed by. Walking throughout the busy building Sunggyu made his way to his boss’s office. Sungyeol spotted the older knocking repeatedly on Myungsoo’s door. Walking up to the brunette Sungyeol tapped his shoulder.

 

“Hey Sunggyu, you're gonna brake your hand if you knock any harder,” Sungyeol advised, looking at Sunggyu’s already red knuckles. Snapping out of his trance Sunggyu turned to see the younger. Glaring at Sungyeol, Sunggyu stabbed a finger at his chest.    

 

“What are you doing?" Sunggyu asked dryly, making the other only smirk.

 

“I could ask you the same thing,” Sungyeol scoffs folding his arms. Sunggyu sighs, the last thing he would want to see his the boss’s pet.

 

“I’m going to ask Myungsoo to cancel the mission and ask him to give it to someone else,” Sunggyu claimed. Sungyeol laughs and pats his shoulder.

 

“Oh Sunggyu, I know for a fact that the boss wouldn’t cancel it. Especially for you,” Sungyeol snickers. Sunggyu slaps his hand away from his shoulder.

 

“Of course, you would know that because you kiss up to him. Your job is to do that and do what he ask. So don’t worry about me, and continue being his ," Sunggyu nagged, making the younger speechless. Pushing past Sungyeol, Sunggyu went back knocking hardly on the boss's door.

 

Hearing a faint 'come in' Sunggyu walked into the room. Seeing Myungsoo at his desk actually made him look leaderly. Myungsoo was as hopeless as Sungyeol. The only difference was Myungsoo was filthy rich, and he was good at being a smart . Looking up from his desk, Myungsoo smiled at the older.

 

“Hello Sunggyu, please take a seat,” Myungsoo gestured, pointing at the chairs in front of his desk. Nodding, Sunggyu sat down. "So, what brings you to this side of the building?" Myungsoo asked.

 

Taking a deep breath Sunggyu answered, “Well it’s about the mission you gave me,” Myungsoo nodded, “I really appreciate it that you gave me a mission. The thing is that I don’t think I’m capable in doing it,” Sunggyu added. Myungsoo looked at the oler in confusion.

 

“Why do you think that?” Myungsoo asked looking at Sunggyu a bit complexed. Sunggyu sat up in his seat.

 

“It’s that I feel like this type of job is made for someone that is more of an expert than I am,” Sunggyu explained. Myungsoo stared dead in the brunette’s eyes, making Sunggyu feel a bit intimidated. Fumbling with his words Sunggyu continued, “This is quite a big job for my first mission and I’m bound to make a mistake."

 

Sighing lightly Myungsoo spoke, “If you make a mistake you’ll just have to suffer the consequences, Sunggyu,” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, "Are you asking me to cancel the mission?"

 

Sunggyu quickly nodded his head. It was like the younger was reading him mind, which was a bit scary. Myungsoo chuckled, slowly becoming laughter. Sunggyu looked at the younger, utterly confused.

 

"S-so can you?"

 

Getting himself back together Myungsoo spoke, "As much as I would love you going back to paperwork, I just can't cancel it. Everyone's schedule was booked but yours."

 

Sunggyu sighed heavy, feeling as if his world was tumbling on him. Not only did he start to regret his choice of career, but also his hopeless boss. "Is there really nothing you could do?" Sunggyu tried to reason, Myungsoo only laughed.

 

"There really is nothing, Sunggyu. I already signed you for the mission. Dongwoo should be here in a couple of days anyway. It couldn't be that bad." Myungsoo tried to ensure the older.

 

"You're not the one living with a killer."

 

"You're right. I'm not," Myungsoo says sarcastically, giving Sunggyu a fake smile. Knowing that there wouldn’t be further discussion, Sunggyu stood from his seat and  headed towards the door.

 

“Bye, Sunggyu,” Myungsoo grinned waving at the older. Sunggyu scoffed and went back to his offic

 

 

                                             ~~~

 

“What are you doing in my office?” the first thing Sunggyu sees when he walks in his office is Sungyeol playing with his hair and chewing on a piece of gum. Sunggyu didn’t know anyone that slacked off so much as Sungyeol. How he still had a job? Sunggyu didn’t have a clue.

 

“So, how did it go?” ignoring the older, Sungyeol proceeded with his question. Sunggyu sighed, highly annoyed with his boss, and dongsaeng.

 

“He said no. He makes things so difficult, I have no idea how you can deal with his sarcasm,” Sunggyu complained, watching Sungyeol put small braids in his hair.  

 

Sungyeol laughed at his hyung, “See, I told you he would say no! Thats what you get for not listening to me,” Sungyeol nagged, pouting at the older. Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

 

“I don’t listen to you for a reason, you make stupid decisions,” Sunggyu argued. From his past experiences Sungyeol was never right, and he was always the only one that got in trouble in the end. Letting go of the small braid he made, Sungyeol smirked.

 

“Well putting matters in your own hands doesn’t help either,” Sungyeol snapped. Sungyeol was always a type of person that always needed to win the argument no matter what. Not saying anything back Sunggyu grabbed his things ready to leave.

 

“Hey, what are you going to do now?” Sungyeol demanded. Turning from the front door Sunggyu looked at the younger.

 

“The only thing I can do, start getting ready for Dongwoo to be here in two days,” Sunggyu says before leaving the office.

 

 

                                          ~~~

 

Sunggyu tossed and turned in his bed trying to fall asleep, but only one thing kept him up. Dongwoo. Sunggyu feared the name. Goosebumps laid on his skin every time he heard the name. He couldn’t mess up with this, one mistake could take his life.

 

“Stop, Sunggyu,” Sunggyu muttered under his breath, wrapping himself tightly in blankets. He needed to stop thinking this way, that Dongwoo was a bad person. He couldn’t judge Dongwoo by what a file said. Maybe Myungsoo, and Sungyeol are right. Maybe the mental institute did help Dongwoo and he did change. Though what if he was still in a insane haze, and didn’t change at all? This thought feared Sunggyu the most. Things could go terribly wrong and innocent people could get hurt.

 

Sunggyu shut his eyes tightly, beads of sweat falling from his forehead. Hours and hours went by of Dongwoo still being in his head. What if he got attached to Dongwoo? “No, that could never happen,” Sunggyu thought, still struggling to fall asleep. That would be one thing he would not mess up. Sunggyu planned to be distant from Dongwoo as much as possibly. Sunggyu soon fell asleep as the hours passed by, feeling very uneasy. That whole night Sunggyu guessed about Dongwoo’s mysterious character.




 

A/N

So, what do you guys think of it so far?

I’m a bit nervous about how it came out ;A;

Hopefully it came out okay.

Well, I hoped you enjoyed it!