So let's start at the beginning....

The bully next door

Ya! "Get back here twerp!" I yelled at my enemy Cha Sun Woo. We were neighbors, and since he was the neighborhood & school bully, and since I had very few friends, picking on my was one of Sunwoo's FAVORITE pastimes. I was a pretty lonely kid, and didn't really talk to anyone except my older brother, Jinyoung. chased after Sun Woo, because he had just stolen one of my favorite (and only) toys, my beloved Barbie doll. Just as I was about to grab the doll from his filthy hands, The bottom of my pink princess dress got caught under my shoe, causing me to fall flat on my face on the concrete sidewalk. I lay on the ground, motionless for a few seconds, and just then, felt a foot on my back. It pressed harder and harder and finally released, allowing me to breathe. I sat up and faced him. I wasn't gonna let him see my tears, even being 7 years old I had gone through so much. I kicked him in the leg, and just as i was about to hit him, My older brother Jinyoung called me in for dinner. "Sa Rang~" He called in a sing-songy voice. "Time for dinner!" I scampered inside without another look at Sunwoo, and went towards our house. As soon as I got close enough for my brother to get a closer look at my face, he gasped. "Sa Rang!" "What happened to your face?!" He almost yelled. "Ani. It was nothing. I just fell, that's all." I lied, only because I didn't want to add any more problems to my brothers plate. I mean, he was practically our parennt, at the age of only 9 years old. Our parents were divorced, not a very common thing in our hometown of Seoul, South Korea. Our dad, who no longer lived with us was a raging alcoholic and very abusive, and our mom, a single mother trying to raise 2 growing kids, had to work 3 jobs just to bring in enough money for us to survive. That basically meant, we almost never saw her. That also meant, Jinyoung had to be in charge of taking care of us. My brother was the only one who truly understood the situation, because he was in it himself.. As we walked inside I could already see my brother walking towards the bathroom to grab our first aid kit. "Its fine, Oppa!" I called after him. "Are you sure you're okay?" He said, confused. "Of course!" I said, fake smiling. The truth was, I had been getting bullied and picked on by Sun Woo for almost a year, but I had never said anything to Jinyoung because I didn't want to add to his stress, and I never said anything to teachers, because they thought I was retarded because I barely talked to anyone, and with me not having really any friends or my parents to talk to, there was no one left to say something to. So I basically just stood up and endured it. My brother took out plates and started dishing out our usual dinner: Kimbap and Spring rolls. (Lol i couldn't think of a dish so just pretend okkkkk.... >.<)  He started humming and softly singing to a song I hadn't heard before, but I didn't care. I loved hearing Jinyoung's voice and him singing. It was one of the only happy things that I had associated with home, ever since I could remember. "Sa Rang." Jinyoung said (Yes, my name was created because of the word 'Sarang' which meant love, my dad had picked it out, even though it was ironic because I didn't recieve much love from him, but thats another story...) "Neh?" I said. "If anything ever happens, you know you can always talk to me, right?" "Yes Jinnie." I responded, which wasn't the 100% truth, but it was what I had to say if I wanted to keep the whole bullying thing a secret. "Okay, Just making sure. I will always protect you, dongsaengie.." He pulled me in for a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder. Little did I know, this would be one of MANY times in my life where my older brother would comfort me, and I would have no doubts or regrets that he would always keep his promises.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay guys! So I hope you like the first chapter... I'm sorry it was sorta sad/depressing but it will get happier! :) Let me know what you think in the comments! I would love to hear your opinion! <3 Thanks Readers :D