1 | 1

{단지 당신} Only You

The cold wind. It's what hit your body when you walked down the streets of Seoul with your boyfriend; Youngjae. He was taking you out today, for the special occasion of your birthday. Within dating him for the past ten months, he knew you well enough to know the things you like, the things you love to do, and the things that you liked about him.

Everything about you amused him. He would always tell you how special you were to him, and how you were different from the other girls he liked before he started being with you. You believed him, you did. But you always questioned yourself if the things he said were true. They were, yes, he admitted it to himself. But when other women are around him, you would get jealous. Then sometimes...he may be wrong about you being special.

-

You and Youngjae sat down at a table, near the window of your favorite coffee shop, showing the view of the rest of the city. As you sat quietly, he started to notice your strange silence. You weren't usually so quiet whenever he took you out for your birthday. You would usually be on your phone or looking at a fashion catalog, finding something that you want. That was another thing that Youngjae liked about you. You were always so eager to buy lots of things for your birthday.

After a couple more minutes of silence, you placed one of your hands on the table, and felt Youngjae's hand on top of yours. You looked up at him, and he smiled at you. You put on the best smile you could, then immediately went back to a frown.

"Hey," he spoke. You glanced up at him, then back down at the plain, beige-colored table.

"You okay? You're usually not like this when I take you out for your birthday," he said. You inhaled deeply, then stared into his eyes. You felt tears welling up, but you held them back by biting your lip.

"How do you feel about your labelmates; the female ones?", you finally asked. Youngjae was shocked by what you just said, but didn't show how he felt about your question. The both of you sat in silence for a couple seconds, until he finally spoke again.

"They're okay, I guess. Why?", he questioned, utterly confused.

"Just wondering...", you said as you stared down at the coco-colored drink in front of you. It had a white swirl in the middle, in which you took a small spoon and stirred. You didn't look back up at Youngjae, until you felt his hand on your left cheek.

"Something is clearly bothering you. Can you just tell me what's going on?", he asked.

"Youngjae—"

"I'm serious. Don't play games with me," he said sternly. You felt a chill go down your back, took another breath, then spoke up again.

"Would you ever lie to me, Youngjae?", you asked.

"No, I would never lie to you. Ever," he explained.

You were silent. You didn't speak again after hearing that slip out of his mouth. He noticed how you became quiet all of a sudden, but decided not to ask you, thinking it would bother you.

-

You took the last sip of your coffee, then watched as Youngjae paid for the drinks. While he was doing that, you thought to yourself if he was lying. You trusted him with all your heart, but still wondered why you were always so curious on if he was lying to you or not. He wasn't. He never has, and never will.

By the time Youngjae was done, you walked out of the small cafe, with Youngjae trailing behind you. You walked until you reached the park, which was empty, due to the cold weather. You sat down at a bench, with Youngjae sitting next to you. You had your hands still in the pockets of your jacket, not saying anything. You just stared straight at whatever was in front of you, but far. That's when your boyfriend, sitting next to you, finally spoke up.

"Okay, what is up with you today?", he asked.

It was a simple question, but you still didn't answer. After a couple minutes of silence, Youngjae got up, and started walking.

"Youngjae, wait!", you called after him.

"Is there something wrong? Did I do something wrong? You barely talked to me today! If you want to break up right now, you should just say it," he nearly screamed.

"Youngjae, please, I'm sorry. It's just...", you trailed off.

"Just what? Please tell me. Whatever it is, I'll listen," he said while taking a couple steps towards you. You sighed again, then thought about what you were going to tell him.

"When I'm with you Youngjae...I sometimes get annoyed by how other girls smile at you when we're together. I just...I just get these feelings of jealousy sometimes, I can't even tell you about it. But, I'm sorry that I've kept this from you for a while, I am. And, I get it if you want to break up, but I just want you to know that—"

Before you could finish, you were interrupted by his lips being placed on yours. His hands cupped your cheeks, and you stood there, letting him kiss you. After a couple minutes he pulled away, and held your hand, pulling you closer.

"I get how you feel. Sometimes when I see you with my other hyungs, I tend to get jealous too. But, I love you. I will and always love you. Only you," he explained. You smiled, then he attatched your lips with his again.

I guess there's no more hiding, is there?, you thought to yourself, as you let Youngjae hold you in your arms.