The Flyer

♔ CodeName: GEE! ♔

What am I gonna dooooo, Jisoo?”

Lunch was a particularly wild time for a particular high school, and it was no exception and students quickly milled around to find their friends and a place to sit while they ate their way too overpriced lunches.

Outside in the courtyard, two girls made their way to one of the empty tables. They were Park Jisoo and Kim Minah. Jisoo was a more tomboyish girl, and it showed as she carelessly hopped onto one of the chairs, running a hand through her short, chocolate brown hair as she leaned an elbow on the table. Minah was a small, delicate looking girl and she fixed her skirt unconsciously as she stared at the older girl with her doe eyes. Finally Jisoo smiled at her, raising an eyebrow. “What do you mean, what are you gonna do? Are you in trouble or something?”

Quickly Minah shook her head. “No, no, I mean what am I going to do about my English test after lunch? I barely understand anything!”

A scoff came from a ways away, and Taeyeon bounded up with a smile, laughing as she playfully pushed Minah’s shoulder with her own since her arms were full of snacks and drinks. “If you don’t understand anything, then the best English speaker doesn’t understand anything! You’ll be fiiiine.” The happy brunette took a seat and waved to Jisoo, setting her snacks in the middle of the table in case any of her friends wanted some. Minah let out a worried sigh and Jisoo laughed, reaching over to flick Minah’s head playfully.

“Now, where are Sohee and Hyoyeon..?” The tomboy looked around curiously, her warm eyes blinking as she searched for the remainder of her best friends. She spotted them exiting the building, accompanied by one of the boys that she recognized as one of the richer kids at this school. Jisoo laughed again.

The boy was obviously attempting to ask Hyoyeon out on a date, laughing nervously and rubbing the back of his head. “We could go to the Shinwoo mall in Gangnam? My father owns it, so we could go on the rides and stuff for free~” More nervous laughing and Hyoyeon looked so troubled as she quickly waved a hand.

“W-Well Alex that’s really nice and all! But, but you see I haaave, I have to –“

“Sorry Alex she’s not interested!” Sohee stepped in with an innocent tone, smirking as she cheerfully took Hyoyeon’s arm and saved her as she pulled the poor indecisive girl away. Alex only stared with wide, embarrassed eyes as he stammered out something about trying another day, then.

The two girls finally made their way to the table, and they plopped themselves down while the other girls greeted them. There were finally five at the table, the usual number since these girls had been friends for the loooongest time.

While Taeyeon chomped down on all the food she’d bought, there was talk about what their year would be like. It was Jisoo and Hyoyeon’s final year here, so of course this year had to be amazing.

…But, how?

They could go on some sort of trip together? Nah, they always did that anyways! How about some sort of resort? Nope. Already done. Minah suggested camping, but Hyoyeon shut that idea down so fast it would give anyone whiplash. So… what could they do?

Planning was interrupted then by the sound of girl’s whispers and giggles spreading like wildfire. That could really only mean one thing, and the five friends knew immediately as they took their turn scoffing or rolling their eyes (except for Taeyeon, who was too busy inhaling a package of cookies). You see, as the excited girls made their way to the courtyard, it was a signal to anyone in the school that they were approaching.

Who were they, exactly?

They were EXO, of course. 12 of the most handsome boys in the school, they traveled in a pack together since elementary school, and it was pretty normal for girls to swoon and fan themselves as the group walked by. I mean, when else do you see that many handsome boys at once? It was so drama like, and Sohee always joked that you could even hear the flower boy anthem playing in the wind as they showed their stuck up presence.

In short, EXO ruled as kings at school and anyone that opposed didn’t matter, because it’s not like the boys noticed anybody anyways. There was a reason for that, though!

“Kris, hyung, I don’t even know why they put out the flyers out around school anymore. The only people that need to see them is us, so I don’t get why they don’t just hand us the flyer themselves.” A very proud Chen cackled as he handed a drop-dead gorgeous boy that seemed to lead the pack a flyer. The boy – Kris – smirked and grabbed the flyer from Chen and only glanced at it, all the while ignoring the squeals and random love confessions that came from the sea of school girls that loved to follow them around.

“Don’t you know? It’s to make the other students feel like they have a chance to enter too. A little competition never hurt anyone; you know what I’m saying?” The short-haired boy looked serious, but then he started laughing and the other members from EXO did too.

“You never know, I heard some of the other guys practicing before. They were pretty good, I think!” Suho chimed in and Kris gave him a smile. If Kris was the leader, then any girl would tell you that Suho was co-captain. And it was like that, really, as Kris patted his back.

“You’re too nice sometimes.”

All the while, Sohee had been narrating EXO’s too-far-to-hear conversation, doing a very good job at making it seem like Kris was the daddy of their little clique of flower boys, and that Suho was the goody-two-shoes mommy. The girls laughed and smirked at them, and only side-eyed them as they walked by.

At this point, what happened next could be described as fortunate or unfortunate – it all depended on who you asked.

The flyer that all the boys had seen so many times already was crumpled and tossed carelessly by Kris, and the poor crumpled thing landed right by Hyoyeon’s foot. Now, it’s important to know that Hyoyeon and Taeyeon’s family was one of the leading supporters and developers of green energy, and so littering was a no-no to them. So Hyoyeon leaned down and picked up the scrap of paper, and she clicked her tongue at them. “Idiots! You’re old enough to know what a trashcan is, aren’t you?”

She didn’t even mean to speak so loud, but her comment reached the ears of Kris, and he turned his head to give the source of that comment a good, hard stare. Hyoyeon blinked quickly, surprised he’d heard. Uh oh, she thought. Kris was known to have one of the coldest faces despite how handsome he was, and he looked deadly without even trying. That admittedly scared Hyoyeon, and she failed at giving a glare back as she turned back to her friends as the group of boys walked away towards the music room.

“It’s not hard to throw away trash, right?” She pouted, and Jisoo leaned forward curiously.

“Hey, let me see that?” Jisoo asked, and Hyoyeon nodded as she handed over the crumpled flyer to her. Jisoo flattened it out, eyes scanning the flyer.

The SK Music Fest. It was a music festival / competition for high school students. They had one every year, and it just so happened that EXO was the reigning festival kings, winning 3 years in a row and planning to win this year too. Many other bands and groups tried too from their school, but in the end only 2 groups were picked to go from each school and EXO quickly wiped out the other group – so no one really tried anymore.

But… the prize was one to be admired. It was always a surprise each year, but everyone knew that it was always amazing and something that everyone wanted somehow.

Jisoo’s eyes read over the rules: their school’s audition to advance to the actual competition was in 2 weeks. Anyone was allowed to try out for it, but there was a rumor that went around that the judges for the festival were incredibly biased towards male groups, so only boys ever tried for this thing.

That’s when a lightbulb went off, and Jisoo grinned at her friends in a way that they all looked at her curiously.

“I found what we’re going to do this year!” She said happily. The confident girl showed off the flyer, and most of them gasped or looked at her like she was weird.

“J-Jisoo, are you serious? I mean, it looks like fun, but…” Minah looked at her worriedly, hiding her pout with a cookie she’d gotten from Taeyeon.

“But nothing! You all play the right instruments, I sing, and you know we’re all good at it. You remember the show during junior high? We got asked to be trainees right away. We’re good. We can do this, and the prize is probably super awesome and it’s a way to go out with a bang for me and Hyoyeon. How fun would it be? What do you say?” She fluttered her rather gorgeous eyes at the group, and slowly they all started to look like they wanted to give it a chance.

“I have my drums – I’m in.” Sohee gave a thumbs up and grin.

“Guitar! I can be the guitarist!” Taeyeon clapped her hands together excitedly.

“Can I be the bassist?” Minah asked curiously.

The only one left to agree was Hyoyeon, and the other girls all turned to look at her. She messed with a lock of her long hair and took a small breath. “I have my keyboard, I guess… And I can plan our outfits and stuff… Plus, I guess it would be great to show everyone how great we are…” Hyoyeon finally broke out into an eager smile, and looked at her friends with excitement. “I’m in!”

All the five girls broke into a small cheer, and exchanged a highfive.

“What should our name be?” Jisoo questioned, looking around for suggestions.

“Gee!” Minah said quickly. “Just like in junior high!” The girls all agreed quickly, and Jisoo slapped her hand down on the flyer, the other girls doing the same.

“It’s time for Gee to have a comeback, then.” Jisoo grinned. “…And everybody better be ready!”

 

 

 

- - - - -

so, first chapter! :D i'm hoping the next ones will be longer, but i just wanted to get the intro out of the way haha ^^ what do you guys think? i hope it's not boring ^^; let me know what you think of it so far and which character you picked as your favorite so far. also, please comment and sub if you enjoy my fic, it's nice to get feedback :) <3

** just to let you know, since this is a music based fic, there will be random links scattered in the chapters: they're links to music that'll help you read the fic and enjoy it:b 

- rys