A Prophet's Prelude

⚜ XIIAVIOR

Chapter One: A Prophet's Prelude
Planet : EXO
Time : Two Centuries Later

 


A bell chimed in the distance, echoing throughout the lonesome and dark forest. He stumbled over fallen branches on the dirty forest floor. Running. Running. Running. Running from what? Was he running from something? Or was he running for something. Where was he headed? He didn't know. But he felt as if he was searching. Searching for something. No. Searching for someone, but...who? Why?

            Twigs snapped behind him and dry leaves crunched asunder his feet. Chimes continued to ring during the course of his running. How many times? He hadn't bothered to count. His feet only continued to lead him deeper and deeper into the darkness. Then without a warning, the floor below him crumbled and his surrounding blurred. The  scene changed and he found himself standing in front of two lofty and ancient wooden doors.

            Something within him willed him to open those doors and when he reached out, barely brushing his fingers against it, he was suddenly hit with an unknown force. He stumbled back as bright light blinded him and something wrapped its grip around him. He struggled to breath as the grasp around his torso tightened almost painfully. The light radiated even brighter and he lifted an arm to shade his eyes as the hold around him loosened. Darkness instantly cloaked him and then a young woman's voice whispered in his ear, "Find me."

 

He awoke with a start and practically jumped out of his bed when he heard the harsh and abrupt pounding on his door. In the midst of his jump, his foot caught a hold of his ratty blankets and he fell forwards, right off of the tiny bed. He crashed face first onto the floor and groaned out in pain before rolling over onto his back and forcing himself to get up on his feet as the beating at his door ensued and a rough old man's voice threatened, angrily, "I told you to get out of yer damn bed, you dimwit! Don't make me break down this door and drag you out by yer ear!"

            He  was about to answer when he felt that familiar prickly feeling within his palms. The young man glanced down and gasped when he saw that his hands were glowing, again. He panicked and quickly shook his hands, trying to stop the lights illuminating from them when the grouchy man behind the door snapped again, "Baekhyun!"

            "YeYes, Sir! I'll be right out!" Baekhyun croaked back loudly while rushing over to his broken wardrobe and pulling out two pieces of tattered and washed-out strips of clothes. He proceeded to swiftly wrap them around his hands as he routinely did every morning as a precaution before grabbing a thick brown sleeveless vest and throwing it over his dirty cream colored dress shirt. He hadn't changed from the night before because he had been too exhausted and had went straight to bed. Not that it mattered, since he was just a stable boy.

            He quickly stuffed his feet into his black worn out boots and tied them promptly. Then he opened the door when he saw the large hand come down at him. His eyes widened and his body moved on reflex, helping him to dodge the hit just in time. Baekhyun's heart pounded and he felt his hands start to get tingly again, but said nothing of it as he hastily bowed to the large bearded man and then hurried on his way. The man shouted out curses after him, but Baekhyun only brushed them off, already used to it as he left the barn and headed for the stables.

 

            "Find me."

 

He shivered when he heard the soft whisper in the wind, but shook it off. It was bad enough that his hands turned into light bulbs whenever they wanted to. He didn't need to be deemed any more of a freak with these stupid visions. Baekhyun only pushed the thought into the back of his mind and tried to ignore it as he reached the stables and began tending to the landowner's precious horses. Yet, no matter how hard he tried to pretend that he wasn't bothered by it, the vision continued jabbing at his mind like thorns.

            Something about this vision was different. Baekhyun frowned to himself, in deep thought as he continued to groom the white horse in front of him. The past visions that he's experienced had involved other people. He would see  into their past, their present, or their future, but he would never be able to partake in it. No one ever believed him when he tried to help. Only once, did he managed to save a little girl's life because she listened to him when he told her not to go near the watering hole. Although confused, the little girl let Baekhyun retrieve the water for her instead, so she lived. But there were so many times where he was kicked around because of his visions that he just stopped. No matter how many things he saw about other people, he kept his mouth shut, because it was none of his business what happened to them or not. This time was different though. His vision was of himself...and he wasn't sure if that was meant to be a bad or a good omen.

 


Planet : Earth
Time : Eighteen Years Later

She watched from the window as the shadowy figure silently disappeared into the night. The only traces left behind being the footsteps in the freshly fallen snow. Her eyelids lowered and her eyes saddened, but she pressed a small smile upon her lips as she turned back around. She reached out and slowly slid her finger over the rim of the glass bowl that had been filled to the very top with the purest water fetched from the temple well. At the bottom of the bowl, a shard of crystal glistened in the light of the flickering flames from the small fireplace.

            "You let her sneak out again, My lady..." The old woman in white robes grumbled as she stepped into the enclosed room. She eyed the middle aged woman for a moment and then clicked her tongue and shook her head as she gradually made her way over to the tiny corner to sit in her chair.

            "This time is for the best." The Priestess hovered her hand over the water, as she sighed softly, "Byul is a good girl after all. She is only going to celebrate and eat, not to drink. You should put more belief in her, Elder." The Priestess laughed lightly, but the smile didn't reach her eyes as she slowly dipped her hand into the water. Magically, the water sat still, undisturbed, as if the Priestess's hand did not exist when she reached in and carefully plucked up the piece of shard.

            "It is not because I do not believe her, My lady...I worry for her safety. When she returns..." A crestfallen look fell upon the old woman's face as she clasped her hands firmly together upon her lap. The Priestess pricked the tip of her forth finger on her left hand with the edge of the shard before a drop of blood seeped out. The clear crystal instantly absorbed the blood droplet and turned a ruby red.

            "She will be all right. I've placed a spell on her jacket. For the time being, her existence will be invisible. The Kurimja will not be able to see her or sense her presence when she returns." The Priestess then grabbed a silver string and tied it to the end of the crystal.

            "To think that such a horrible creature was able to grab a hold of you and transport here." Elder closed her eyes and let out another sigh as the Priestess threw the shard into the fireplace. The flames sparked and immediately burst into an aqua blue before spluttering and dying out. The firewood turned into dust completely and the ashes fell onto the ground.

            "I have done my best to keep that thing asleep for as long as I can, but my powers are waning because in this dimension, such powers do not exist in your world." The Priestess brushed her finger tips against the surface of the water, creating ripples as she continued, "Which means that Byul also does not have much longer before her existence comes to an end as well." Then she walked over to the fire place and sprinkled the water droplets from her fingers onto the fireplace and its ashes. The black ashes melted and evaporated as soon as the water touched it, leaving behind nothing but the ruby crystal necklace with the silver string hung upon the metal firewood holder.

            "By the power invested in me, I, Haneul, Priestess of Byeondong, seal my soul into you. With this holy water, nothing but the Savior may touch you from this moment on." She whispered and rung her hand of the water once more. Droplets hit the crystal before it glowed and haunting bloody red. A burst of wind came through from the fireplace and blew at her harshly. Then it reversed and pulled back, taking her breath with it before shooting back up the fireplace.

            "Elder," Haneul murmured softly after the wind died out.

            "Hm?" Elder slowly opened her eyes again.

            "For your hospitality after all these years...you have the highest of my gratitude." Haneul turned and put her hands together before bowing gracefully. A small smile made its way onto the old woman's face as she nodded back, "It was a blessing to have served you and your daughter, My lady." The two shared a heartfelt silence with each other before a blood curdling scream echoed throughout the whole temple. Then, the smile instantly disappeared from Elder's face as she slowly straightened out of her chair and sighed, "The Kurimja has awakened."


Little Info: When the Priestess was transported, she left at :

*The Gate of Yu {The Gate of Existence}
*The Tower of Sigan {The Tower of Time}

Which meant that she was sent to a different dimension where the time ran slower than than EXO planet. She arrived at Byeongdong {warding} Temple where she later gave birth to her daughter who you will meet in the next chapter! Wooo~

A/N*
Well, I've done most of my prepping for college! Yay! So...now I just have to wait for my dorm move-in! I'm going to be so much more busier for now on, so I do apologize ahead of time! Otherwise, the original first chapter is actually 8+ pages long, but I've cutted it down to make it less confusing! I hope that you're excited for the next chapter! I've also decided that I'm going to make a playlist for this story, because I'd love for you guys to hear the all the music that inspires my writing for this story as well haha!

사랑합니다, 은애