80 3 Words, 3 Times

Kiss or Kill

You arrived at Yuki’s place a little bit later than you had planned. You had been stuck in traffic for quite a bit since there had been a car that broke down in the lane you had been driving in. The merging and moving processed really slowly.

Finally standing at her front door, you knocked eagerly. You had put on a black tank top with a blue laced shirt that went over it. You had on a pair of shorts and some black heels that weren’t too tall or too short. The event wasn’t exactly a formal party with the high quality dresses – it was one that was to be like a small get together after school had ended a year ago.

“Yujin’s here!” you heard Yuki shout from inside, the door opening a moment afterwards.

Glancing beyond her, you saw BTS and B.A.P all lounging in the living room. The room was beautiful and filled with many colorful lights and balloons. It looked absolutely dazzling.

You reached over to give her a small hug and to thank her for inviting you, but suddenly, a hand pulled Yuki away, “Hey, find your own lover! I’m sure he’s really close anyways!”

The boy’s eyes found its way over to the BTS maknae who had been watching you as you came into the room, arriving. However, you ignored that last part of what he said.

“Jin?” you blinked a couple of times then laughed as you looked at the two of them in each other’s arms, “Oh? When did you two hook up?”

“Oh shush,” Yuki took Jin’s hand and nudged him a bit, “Earlier today?”

You were amused, “He works fast, doesn't he? You just got back.”

Before Yuki could reply, an arm found its way around your shoulder. You turned around to glance at the person who had come near you.

“Let’s play a song together,” he grinned, “You still remember that song I taught you a year ago?”

You met eyes with Reita and you nodded, “Of course!”

He chuckled and led you up to the rest of his band mates who didn’t talk much Korean. However, they seemed friendly and you felt like you were never out of place. Reita handed you and Ruki microphones as the rest of the boys prepared their instruments – then, you and Ruki began to sing together, “The GazettE and Yujin presents… Cassis!”

[Cr: Cassis – The Gazette]

Even if your feelings fade tomorrow, I’ll still love you unchangingly
Even if you can’t see me tomorrow, I’ll still love you without fail
I will walk together, the future not promised
It keeps walking together, to the future in which you are…

Jung Kook’s eyes couldn’t help but widen as he recalled the familiar music that he had heard in the hospital. Pulling out his phone, he immediately began to search up the lyrics of Cassis since he couldn’t understand Japanese. As he read the lyrics, his heart softened.

When the song was over, Reita grabbed the microphone from you and declared, “Didn’t Yujin sing the song extremely well? I’ll let you guys on a little secret: It’s because she can relate to the lyrics.”

Your eyes widened as you grabbed the microphone, “Yah! You, Reita! Suzuki Akira! You’re so going to die later. Shut up!”

However, it was too late. Jung Kook had already heard what Reita said. A few things echoed within his mind, but one scene stood out the most.

-FLASHBACK-

“I thought you said you love her,” V stated slowly, “I thought she’s your girl. What happened to you?”

Jung Kook scoffed a bit, “I loved her. Loved. Past tense. She was my girl. Nothing happened to me. I just finally realized a couple of things. I don’t need to love someone who doesn’t love me back.”

“What are you talking about?” V’s eyes grew cold, “Yujin does love –“

“...Yujin,” Jung Kook stated softly, but that cold barrier was put up again.

“Is that right?” you had asked as you came into view, “You loved me? I was your girl?”

Jung Kook gave you a nod, “That’s right.”

“Yujin, why don’t you just explain that –“ V tried to talk again, but you interrupted him once more.

“There’s nothing to explain,” you replied, “Didn’t you hear him? It’s already too late.”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

It was now or never. Jung Kook got up from his seat and went up to you, grabbing your hand. Within seconds, he had pulled you out of the room into a separate room where he locked the door, keeping you from going out.

“JEON JUNG KOOK!” your eyes widened in alarm, “What do you think you are doing?”

“What I should’ve done a long time ago,” he mumbled, “You. Tell me, what did Reita mean when he said you could relate to those lyrics? Shouldn’t that be my line? I’m the one that –“

Your eyes narrowed at him, “What are you talking about? You’re the one who told me you didn’t love me anymore when I just realized that –“

“Realized what?” he challenged, “What could you have possibly realized?”

His choice of words slowly began to tick you off. Your fists tightened and your expressions changed into one of frustration.

“You are really a stupid, stupid boy,” you breaths became heavy and uneven as you tried to maintain your cool expression.

That made Jung Kook snap, "I think you're the stupid one. You were the one who had to go and hide from me that you were getting blood transfusions. You had to go and hide that one stupid fact from me and that made me believe in the worst of you! You were the one who caused me to believe that you didn't care for me, that you tossed me aside. You made me lie about my feelings! I... I even, even when you didn't feel the same, I..."

His breaths had become as unsteady as yours, if not more, and you softened toward him. Did you really hurt him that much? You didn't even realize it.

"You what?" you asked.

"I still love you now. I never stopped loving you. Never, not once."

His expression was one full of sadness and regret, the same as yours. Why didn't you notice it before? He was always there for you, no matter how upset you were with each other. You felt your heart ache as it longed for him again and again... But this time, it was different – You didn't want to hide your feelings anymore.

"Ask me again," you whispered softly as you slowly walked up to him, "Ask me one more time."

A few seconds went by before Jung Kook realized what you had meant, "Lee Yujin, I love you so so much. Would you please, be my girl?"

Your lips collided with his for the third time, "They say three's the charm. I loved you back then Jeon Jung Kook and I still love you now."

The two of your lips touched once more, drawing each other in, intensifying the kiss. Were kisses with him always this sweet? You coudn't help but feel butterflies in your stomach – but not the nervous kind. It was more like a certain happiness that you always wanted and finally attained kind of fluttery feeling.

Suddenly the door flew open and all the boys and Yuki piled into the room on accident. As you and Jung Kook turned and glanced at them, they found themselves to be in such an awkward position – interrupting your moment again for the billionth time.

This time, it wasn't only him that was annoyed.

"Yujin," Jung Kook stated softly, his eyes narrowing and his voice getting dangerous, "If I kill these so-called friends of ours, please don't hate me."

You laughed, "I won't... I'd join you."

—— The End —— ☆


A/N: Sad to say that this fanfic has come to an end D: It was a pleasure writing for you guys and I'm glad you liked this story~ I'll probably write another story soon so subscribe to me as an author if you want to read more from me^^

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED - YOU GUYS MOTIVATED ME TO UPDATE THE MOST

If you have time, please check out my other fanfictions!

1) Sacrifice --- It stars you and Luhan (EXO-M)
2) Regret --- It stars you and Taemin (SHINEE)

3) Metamorphosis ---- It stars you and Myungsoo (INFINITE)
4) The Full Moon ---- It stars you and Daehyun (BAP)
5) Bittersweet Capture ---- It stars Luhan (EXOM) and Miyoung (SNSD)

I'm still considering if I want a sequel to this story (Like, I don't know what the plot to it would be right now) so I'm hesitant to write a sequel~ But, we'll see what the future holds!