30 Choices

Kiss or Kill

It didn't take a genius to see that Reita's words had completely troubled you. On one had, you agreed with him and staying away from Yuki would be the best thing to do. On the other hand, you didn't think you had it in you to leave her.

She was your first friend and your best friend.

To leave someone so important to you just seemed crazy.

You didn't head home like you were going to after school had ended. You headed for the park instead. The fresh air was what you needed the most at the moment – other than the time to think.

Making your way to a free bench, you placed your shoulders on your thighs, leaning forward, and covering your face with your hands.

You didn't know what to do – rather, you didn't want to do the right thing.

Why couldn't everything be simple? Why couldn't everything be easy? Why did you have to leave Yuki to ensure her well-being? You pursed your lips into a thin line and took a couple of deep breaths.

Reita had looked so serious.

You didn't want to disobey him. He was, after all, Yuki's older brother and if she was really getting notes like that, you really should just disappear from her life.

Something was odd though. The content of the letter seemed suspicious to you – How come avoiding Yuki would keep her from harm?

Shouldn't you be by her side to prevent harm from coming?

The Fan Club was really just one group of strange girls. Sighing, you looked into the distance, not particularly staring at anything. Maybe, you should follow through Reita's words.

That seemed like the best thing to do.

Frustrated, your ruffled your own hair and bit down on your bottom lip. You hated decisions like these.

"Bubble tea?" asked someone, holding down a cup for you.

You glanced up, only to be face to face with V. It was a surprise meeting. You never expected to meet him here at the park – nor did you knew he would pass by.

Taking the drink, you slowly sipped on it, "Thanks."

"What are you doing out here?" he asked, sitting next to you on the bench, "Thinking?"

Your raised an eyebrow and turned to face him, "How did you know?"

V didn't turn to face you. His gaze was set at the horizon. However, his mind didn't drift away, he was still focused on the conversation. He was still listening.

"It's just what I do sometimes here at the park," he shrugged a bit, "So I figured you might have been doing the same thing."

"Lucky guess," you smiled slightly.

He crossed his legs and then turned to glance at you, "So what's on your mind?"

You looked down, saddness appeared in your eyes. He didn't miss it. He knew something was bothering you if your mood had suddenly dropped so much.

"I was told to stay away from Yuki," you muttered softly, "It's to keep her safe."

"Yuki?" he frowned, "How does staying away from her keep her safe? She's a target for those obsessed girls right?"

His choice of words made you chuckle a bit. Obsessed girls must have been a reference to the Bangtan Fan Club, because those girls were indeed obsessed with the school Kingkas.

"Yuki's brother showed me a note the Fan Club had written her," you replied, "It said that if she stayed away from me, the bullying for her would stop."

He nodded, understanding your situation, "Girls can be pretty scary. What are you going to do?"

"Stay away from her," you replied after a small pause, "What else can I do? I just don't know if they'll keep their word, you know? If they don't, Yuki would be hurt again."

V reached over and ruffled your hair gently, "Did you forget about something?"

Forget?

You glanced over at him curiously, "I don't think so. Did I?"

He gave you a look and then smiled. It was as if he was waiting for you to realize it all on your own. You began to recall the past you shared at the school.

Then, in that instant, everything clicked.

You knew exactly who would protect her without a doubt in your place.

"Jin."