Tu Me Manques
 
 
 
 
"When will you be back?"
 
"In a couple of days. Why? Do you miss me that much already?" Donghae could nearly hear the other smirking on the other end of the line, trying to play it cool. Donghae could only whine and decided that if Hyukjae could be annoying, he had also the right to set the other off.
 
"Nope. Just wanted to find out for how long will the peace remain around here. Also, I like to know there's this pretty cool wardrobe waiting for me, you know, without any selfish and bossy owner around it. God, I can almost hear that favorite t-shirt of yours calling me." he paused while pretending to hear something, and Hyukjae sighed. "Mm? What did you say? Oh, you want me to wear you to sleep even though you are too pretty to be worn and not be seen? Okay, if you insist!"
 
Hyukjae chuckled at the other's dramatic acting and sighed again, his initial thoughts of being indiferent immediately put aside.
 
"I miss you, you dork. That doesn't mean you get to wear my clothes, though! You should still ask me at least."
 
Donghae chuckled too, a little sad but happy that the other was finally opening up a bit.
 
"I know. You took the shirt I wanted to wear anyway." he shrugged, forgetting the other couldn't see him.
 
"The blue one?"
 
"Mm."
 
"I didn't know you liked it that much, babe, or else I would have left it with you. So you would think about me."
 
"S'okay."
 
"Does that mean you'll think of me even without it?"
 
"Mm."
 
There was a pause and only their breaths could be heard, until Hyukjae decided to break the silence.
 
"Is everything okay?"
 
"Yeah. I'm just sleepy. It's getting pretty late here, with the different time zones and all."
 
"Isn't it 8PM?"
 
"Wh- ah-- yes. It's getting pretty late, Hyukjae."
 
Hyukjae snorted.
 
"You know it's not. We usually go to bed when it's much later than that!"
 
"Well okay, but we are in different countries right now."
 
"Oh. Are you mad at me?"
 
Donghae sighed.
 
"No, I know you had to go. I just..."
 
"You miss me?"
 
"No!"
 
"Why does it sound like you do?"
 
"Because you think way too much of yourself! You're not that important, stupid. It's not like we are all dying for you to come back or something."
 
Hyukjae grinned.
 
"Mm, okay. So I guess I should hang up? Or maybe I'll call someone else. Someone who will admit that he misses me."
 
"Don't!" Donghae yelled and Hyukjae snickered, before laughing wholeheartedly. "Stupid."
 
"I'm stupid but you miss me~"
 
"Maybe I do." Donghae gave up with a sigh, and Hyukjae felt like his insides were slowly melting.
 
"I miss you too, babe. What have you been up to?"
 
So they talked and laughed at Hyukjae's adventures, as he'd like to call the short time he was spending away. Donghae also shared the little bits of his day, telling Hyukjae about the pranks and the few inside jokes he'd missed.
 
They talked until there was nothing else to be said, until all you could here was soft breaths and some sweet words that would eventually escape. Words of I miss you, I love you and I am really using one of your favorite shirts right now.
 
Donghae didn't have the heart to hang up, and neither did Hyukjae. They'd counted to three, said they would hang up at the exact same time, only to end up giggling together becase they knew the other wouldn't end the call as well. They were going back and forth, from whispered words and soft laughs to failed goodbye attempts, only to do it over and over again.
 
Donghae had his eyes closed, and he somehow knew that Hyukjae was doing the same.
 
"You're quiet." Donghae murmured after a few more minutes of comfortable silence. 
 
"You too."
 
"Are you thinking about me?"
 
"No." Hyukjae blurted out, chuckling to the string of profanities that escaped the younger's lips. He interrupted Donghae's complaints, making sure he used a sweet tone when he spoke again. "I'm kidding. You know I'm thinking of you."
 
"Good. I'm thinking of you too."
 
"I wish I coud sleep by your side tonight."
 
"I can pretend that you are; I'm wearing your shirt, remember?"
 
"I'm wearing yours, too."
 
"You're what?"
 
"I'm wearin-"
 
"I heard! So you can borrow my clothes and take them to another country without telling me, but I should ask for your permission if I want to bring them to another floor?!"
 
"Yep. Pretty much." Hyukjae deadpanned.
 
"Ugh, you're annoying. I'm hanging up."
 
Hyukjae groaned in protest, before realizing they really had to.
 
"We actually should hang up."
 
"I know." Donghae sighed. "Kangin-hyung wanted to talk to you, by the way. Though I'm not sure if he's still waiting after I hogged you for the past..." he checked his watch. "Four hours?"
 
Hyukjae snorted.
 
"And that's because you didn't miss me."
 
Donghae pouted, unaware that the other wasn't anywhere around.
 
"I did. I do."
 
"Me too. God, this is getting ridiculous, isn't it?"
 
Donghae snickered lightly begfore agreeing.
 
"It is. Wanna talk to hyung?"
 
"Nah, it's late for you guys. I'll just text him tomorrow or something."
 
"Okay. Are you going to bed too?"
 
"Not now, I still have some stuff to do here."
 
"Mm."
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing."
 
Hyukjae sighed.
 
"Do you want me to stay on the phone with you until you fall asleep?"
 
"Sure, that'd be cool." Donghae tried to act nonchalant, and Hyukjae ignored the glint of excitment on his voice. He'd teased the younger too much for only one phonecall.
 
"Okay, so put me on speaker. Do you want me to sing you to sleep?"
 
"No, I think I'll pass. You're not that much of a singer after all."
 
"Hey! I'm leaving you alone if you're being like this."
 
"Sorry, babe, you are the best singer in the world, don't worry."
 
Hyukjae ignored the hint of sarcasm in the other's words before continuing.
 
"Stupid. Did you turn the lights off?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Are you cold?"
 
"Nope."
 
"Too hot?"
 
"No, mom." he laughed. "I'm fine."
 
Hyukjae chuckled too, realizing he was indeed sounding like a worried parent. "What do you want to talk about?"
 
"Mm, I don't know. Can you just talk about random stuff? Like how's the weather's in there, or something. Don't tell me any important stuff, though! I'm so tired I'll probably just forget everything."
 
"Hmm, that's funny. You make it sound like you always remember the things I tell you."
 
Donghae snickered and retorted softly, tiredly, to which Hyukjae responded with the same amount of energy. They kept bickering, ending up not knowing how the argument even started after all.
 
They stayed like they always used to, going back and forth between soft giggles and quiet little jokes from Hyukjae, to which Donghae answered with sleepy muttering a couple of non-sensical words.
 
 
Even though all he could hear was Donghae's silent snores after a while, Hyukjae almost didn't have the heart to hang up.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------
 
 
Ugh, I have no idea what happened in here. This came out of nowhere and it's so short and it's basically just EunHae bickering and it .
I just needed to get this out, so here it is. Please comment (✿◠‿◠)