The Supernatural Weirdo Club

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MY NEIGHBOR

CHAPTER 2

 

CHANSUNG’S POV

                “How come you’re confessing to Nickhun when you barely knew him?” I asked Hyumi when we were walking towards Junsu’s house. For some reason, I couldn’t look at her directly while asking that question.

                “He’s unbelievably handsome.”

                “What? That’s your reason? How about me? I look good too!” I suddenly blurted out.

                Hyumi looked at me as if I was out of my mind.

                “I know that. Of all people, I should know that, I am your best friend after all. Oh and by the way, you’re not only good-looking but you’re undeniably y!” Hyumi told me.

                And I knew I shouldn’t blush but hell I felt myself reddening.

                “Ahm, so why do you want to confess to Nickhun?” I asked. Not that I’m jealous or anything. I am just curious okay?

                “Oh, I just want to tell him that I suspect him of being a vampire. I don’t really have an undying love for him!”

                “WHAT?!!” I exclaimed, and then moments later relief flooded me.

                “What do you mean what? I’ve been observing him. He just transferred here this year. And he’s unbelievably pale. He got all the girls throwing themselves at his feet.” Hyumi said convincingly. If she said that to other people, they might believe her.

                But I know this girl. For the past two years, this

girl had been bugging me about supernatural beliefs. I remembered when she suspected our other neighbor to be vampire too because she never saw him in broad daylight. Turned out that our neighbor works at a call center and always had a graveyard shift.

                “I am so not gonna introduce you to Nickhun! He might think that I have the same brain wave length as you.” I said.

                “What! But I dressed nicely!”

                I looked at her, and for the first time tonight, after barging into my room, I saw her. Really saw her.

                “OH MYGOD! What the hell is that on your face?! Are you wearing a make-up? Oh hell no girl! Who told you to put 3 layers of foundation?? And what’s up with the bloody lips? You look like a harlequin!”  I ranted.

                “Red is ‘IN’ today!” Hyumi said.

                I looked at her and shook my head. The two braids remained. The eyeglasses also. But her face was covered in a thick make-up and her lips on bloody red fashion. And she even tried to put blush on. I can see red dot on her cheeks.

                It was a good thing that we are already in front of Junsu’s house. I rang the door bell and moments later we saw Junsu opening the gate.

                “I will just get my car then we can head to our school for the par-tay!!” Junsu said.

                “Hold on, we need to use the bathroom.” I said.

                “Why—whoah! What happened to you Hyumi?” Junsu asked and he too saw Hyumi’s outrageous make-up.

                “I learn how to use make-up.” Hyumi said brightly.

                I facepalmed. I grabbed her arm and lead her to Junsu’s house. We went straight to their bathroom.

                “Could you hold this for me?” Hyumi asked me and handed me her eyeglasses.

              She went to the bathroom and I could hear the faucet . She went out a few moments later. Her face looked clean, not a trace of make-up can be seen. Come to think of it, her skin really looks luminous even without putting on make-up. She actually looks nice without her glasses.

                “Hey, Chansung-ah. I said, give me back my glasses.” The girl said.

                “Why do you have to wear this? We both know you don’t need the glasses.” I asked her.

                “I told you before; it makes me look like a genius!”

                “Why do you need to look like genius? I mean you’re already smart. You let me copy your homework.”

                “Oh stop flattering me! I like these glasses.”

           When we were settled in Junsu’s car heading to our school, Hyumi suddenly announced that she was gonna open the supernatural study club.

                “And for me to be able to open it, I need at least 3 members. Junsu-ah, would you do me the honor of being my vice-president?” Hyumi asked Junsu.

                “Like Junsu would join your weird club!” I said, sneering. How come she didn’t invite me?

                “It would help to your college application if you have extra-curricular activities.” Hyumi said, convincing Junsu.

                “Like being in a Supernatural Weirdo Club would help!” I said again interrupting them. Why is she ignoring me?

                “Please Junsu, we need you in our club. I will be the president, you will be the vice-president and Chansung-ah will be the member!” she announced.

                “Hey, how come I am only a member? Why don’t I have a position? If you want me in your club, I want to have a position!” I said.

                “Then what position do you want?” Hyumi looked back at me, strangely I was at the backseat of the car and Hyumi is in the passenger’s seat.

                “I want to be the bodyguard because I am good at fighting.” I said proudly.

                “What?! Can you fight with vampires, ghost and aliens too?” asked Hyumi, her eyes widening.

                “Of course we need to find weapons to use against them!” I said.

                “But I really think your position should be the Keeper of the Door of the Club.” Hyumi said.

           “Uhm, guys, both of the position you just said doesn’t really exist. In a club, you only have the president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer.” Junsu interrupted us.

                “Then Chansung-ah can be my secretary!” Hyumi said excitedly. “So you’re joining us Junsu-ah?”

                Junsu nodded. I can see him thinking deeply. I guess we were both thinking the same thing. Are we gonna regret joining this crazy girl?

                We arrived at the party right on time. I can see Hyumi ran off the entrance, obviously looking for Nickhun.

                “Have you seen Nickhun? Tell me, where is he!” Hyumi screamed at some random guy.

                “What the hell!!” the guy said shaking. And he ran away from Hyumi. Hyumi grabbed another guy

                “HAVE YOU SEEN NICKHUN!! WHERE IS HE??” Hyumi screamed again.

                “Hey Hyumi, calm down!” Junsu said.

                “He may have another victim! Don’t forget it’s full moon tonight. They are stronger when bathed in full moon.” Hyumi said darkly.

                “We have to deal with this in our club?” Junsu asked me quietly.

                “And don’t you think she’s talking about werewolves when it comes to full moon?” I asked him back.

                “You are both nerds.” Junsu said.

                “Ahm, were you looking for me?” we heard say someone.

              Then I saw Nickhun coming closer to Hyumi. Hyumi was just looking at Nickhun. Then without warning, Hyumi ripped off her front dress and reveal a silver cross which she flashed in front of Nickhun.

                “I am not going down without a fight!” Hyumi said.

                Nickhun’s angelic face seemed confused. Then he took off his coat and lean towards a frozen Hyumi.

              “Your chest is showing.” He whispered to Hyumi’s ears. But I heard it clearly. Nickhun then wrapped his coat around Hyumi.

                And I suddenly find it hard to breathe.