Mark on your left cheek

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MY NEIGHBOR

CHANSUNG’S POV

                It was the night of our senior’s introductory party and I was busy putting on my pants when I heard the soft thud in my right window and heard my window opened.

                “Chansung-ah!!!” shouted someone from my window.

                Well, it’s not just someone. It is Hyumi, the four-eyed alien who happened to be my next-door neighbor.

                “Jesus, girl! Can’t you see I am not wearing anything decent?!” I exclaimed. Because I was in the middle of putting my pants on, that only meant that she saw my underwear and my chest. Again.

                “I’m sorry!! But I didn’t see anything!!” the girl said and I saw that she was covering her eyes.

                “And how many times have I told you to use our front door when you want to talk to me?” I said exasperated while zipping my pants.

                “Are you decent now? i need to talk to you about something.” The girl had the nerve to order me.

                “Okay, I’m done now. What do you need?” I asked.

                “Sotonightisourlastintroductoryparty!...AndIdecidedthatIshouldconfesstoNickhun-ssi.” The girl fast-talked that I barely understood anything.

                “Wait. What?”

                “You are not listening to me. I said, tonight is our last introductory party. And I said that I will confess my undying love to Nickhun-ssi.” She said as if I was a kindergarten student who was a slow-learner.

                I blinked. There was definitely something wrong in that sentence.

                “Okay, first of all, you are aware that Nickhun has a girlfriend right? And secondly, Nickhun probably doesn’t even know you exist. Third, why in the world will Nickhun look at you? Look at yourself girl. Two braids, really? Your hair dangerously parted in the middle? Black framed glasses? And lastly, why are you still wearing your grandmother’s dress?”

                “Hey! I bought this in an antique shop when I was looking for a Ouija board! The seller said I could buy this at a 50% off. That’s a great bargain!!” Hyumi exclaimed, her eyes wide as if she could not believe I insulted her fashion sense. This girl surely has a loose screw in her head.

                “But I don’t understand. Why are you telling me this?” as far as I’m concerned, we are not a bit close. Hyumi and i. Sure we’ve known each other for two years, and for two years, she has the habit of barging into my room, unannounced using my window. The girl never learned to use the front door. And she has this crazy idea that we are best friends! It was clearly a one-sided friendship. Sure I have benefits from her, like she lets me copy her notes. But copying her notes meant that I need to give something to her like letting her stay in my room until midnight just so we could look at the sky on her telescope and search for an unidentified object. I mean what kind of friendship is that?

                “Chansung-ah, can you introduce me to Nickhun?” she asked.

                Unbelievable! This girl planned to confess to Nickhun, when she knew that Nickhun doesn’t even know her and not to mention the guy is already taken.

                “I will let you copy my homework for two weeks.” She said.

                Argh. There she goes again. Why do I have to be so lazy in studying? Now I’m being blackmailed by this crazy girl.

                “Fine. The party starts at eight pm. You should have time to dress yourself nicely. And please, don’t dress like your grandmother or weirdly, we don’t want Nickhun to run away from you before you could even say ‘I love you’.” I said.

                “Yehey! Chansung-ah, you’re the best!” she said and ran out of my window, grab the branch of the tree and swing swiftly to her room’s window. She even waved at me before closing her curtains. Did I mention that my room is located at the second floor? And Hyumi uses the tree to come to my room.

FLASHBACK

(2 years ago)

                “It was so nice to meet you Mrs. Dreyar.” Chansung heard his mother said.

                Apparently, there was a new family moving next door. It was Mrs. Dreyar and her granddaughter. But Chansung can only see the elder and he wonder where the girl might be.

                “And thank you for the cookies you gave us. I’m sure Hyumi will love this. Now speaking of that girl, I don’t know where she might be. She said that she was gonna explore the neighborhood. Ah that girl, really.” Mrs. Dreyar lamented.

                His mom and their new neighbor talked some more and he decided to go into his room to take a bath. It was afternoon already and he just came home from school.

                He was drying himself with a towel and was about to put on his underwear when he heard a soft thud on his window. Before he could even investigate what cause the sound, his window opened and a girl materialized out of nowhere.

                “Aaaarrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!” Chansung screamed. And turned away from the ghost. In the process, his towel comes off and he was suddenly buck .

                He heard a squeal. And he turned to look at the ghost who turned out to be a real girl; the girl had her hands covering her face. What was her problem?

Holy , he was in his birth suit!

                He quickly grabbed the towel and can feel his face reddening. Who was this girl? What is she doing in his room?

                “WHO ARE YOU?” he roared.

                “Please don’t scream. If it’s any consolation, I didn’t see anything. Are you decent now?” the girl said in a small voice. “I am so sorry; I didn’t mean to scare you. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Hyumi, and I am new in this neighborhood. I hope we can be good friends.” She said and I can see that she was shaking.

                Is she having a seizure? No way.

                “It’s okay, I wasn’t scared or anything. I was just surprised. You really have a unique way of introducing yourself.” he said.

                She nodded but she was still shaking. Oh hell, was she crying? Did he scare her when he screamed at her?

                He walked cautiously towards her, he patted her head awkwardly. Man, this is really awkward, he has a girl in his room and he had nothing but a towel covering his body.

                “I need to pee.” The girl said.

                WHAT. THE. HELL.

                “Can I use your bathroom? I really need to pee, and you really need to put your clothes on. Then we can talk. We’re friends right? Oh I am so glad to have you as my friend.” She said and without further ado, she opened the door to his bathroom.

                What did just happen? He heard her lock the door. Moments later he heard her flush the toilet. The door opened again.

                “Oh. You haven’t put your clothes on yet. Are you comfortable talking to me like that? Well, if it suits you, that’s okay with me. I am going to start going to your school tomorrow. I wish we are in the same class.” She said to me smiling.

                “Okay, you have to go now. I mean, we just met. You can’t just barge into my room like that. I am a boy for gods’ sake!” he exclaimed. He grabs her hands and leading her out of his room through his door.

                “Wait. I can’t use the door. Your mom will wonder what am I doing in your room. I’ll just use our windows.” She said and went out of his window; she was standing in the space on his window and grabbed the tree branch.

                “By the way, you can’t use this to go to my room. I mean not that I don’t want to share my room with you, we are friends after all, but I am afraid the tree won’t support your weight. But you are welcome in my room.” she said.

                “Fat chance! I am so not going to your room.” he said.

                “Why not? I have a lot of junk foods there. I bet your mom won’t let you eat junk foods. My grandmother is like that.” She said.

                “Are you going back to your room or not?” he asked

                “Well, if you insist. But it was nice to meet you. Wait, I don’t even know your name yet!” she said.

                “I am not gonna tell you! Not until you promise that you are never gonna use my window again!” he challenged

                “Oh. Fine, I’m just gonna call you Mark.” She said

                “What??? Why?”

                “Because you have a birthmark in your left cheek.” She said

                “Oh my god! You saw my ! You said you didn’t see anything!”

                “I lied. And if you make me promise again to not use your window anymore, you know I will only lie.” he swing swiftly into her window. She waved at me.

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

A / N:

Oooohhh... please don't kill me.