How it Ends

Turning Over A New Leaf

    y'all should listen to this song while reading to ~set the mood~

_______________________________________________________________

    It's been about a month since the two girls last talked. It's been about a month since Fei was online at all. 

    She went to school, came home, and sat in her bed. She did homework, sometimes, but that's it. Her 3DS sat on her nightstand, where she left it after telling Jia she loved her.

    She knew Jia thought she meant something else, and Fei wish she had. But she couldn't do anything about it. She tried but it was useless, her virtual friend was stuck in her head.  

    But at school, after being ignored the day after it happened, Jia stopped waving. Which, more than anything saddened Fei. And everytime she passed Jia in the hall, she wanted to drop down in front of her and hug her long legs.

    Fei wanted to stop thinking. So she did what she could do, and fell asleep.

    

    The next morning, the shyer girl of the two was as sluggish as ever. Getting ready, she had no emotion. Her face, which usually had a golden tint to it, was drained. She had bags under her eyes. She looked horrible.

    Oh well. 

 Today was slightly different. She glanced at her 3DS, and for the first time in a little over a month, she grabbed it, then she walked out the door and began to walk to another day of school. 

 

 

  Today was a little more than slightly different. She sat in history, eagerly waiting for the bell to ring. When it did, she packed up like she did all other things- laggish. 

   She walked out of the room and onto lunch. At least Min and Suzy's chatter would fill her mind off of things. Except they wouldn't. Not today.

  On her way to the lunch room, she felt something quickly grab her wrist and pull her into the classroom. She didn't have the strength to reject, and the worst it could be was some obnoxious mean girl. She closed her eyes and sighed, only to find something, someone, totally unexpected. 

   Jia's skinny frame, with hunched shoulders, eyebrows faltered, and her hands held tightly in front of her, stood before Fei. 

  "Please talk to me...." Fei's never heard this kind of voice from Jia before. It was totally opposite from her usually booming and careless voice. 

 "O...kay." She gulped.

  Jia continued, shutting her eyes tight. "You didn't mean that in the way that I took it. Right?" Fei was thankful Jia's eyes were closed, otherwise she would have seen her pitiful expression. Her lip was quivering, and her eyes half closed with tears. She barely managed to choke out an "I'm sorry," before turning around to walk out of the classroom. 

   But like moments before, Jia grabbed her wrist. She crouched down, pulling Fei down with her. 

   Fei sat on her knees sobbing while Jia was still in her early position, looking at Fei quietly. She began the broken girl's hair, and Fei looked up. After two seconds of silence, with Jia's hand still on Fei's head, she leaned forward and embraced the usually loud girl in a hug. Jia hugged her back, and they seemed to stay like that for all of the lunch period. 

 

  

 

   All throughout the rest of her classes, Fei could have sworn she dreamt everything. Even now, it all felt hazy.

  When it was time to go home, she was shocked to find Jia waiting for her. 

   "Fei! Hey, Fei," she began. "Um, do you want to ride home with me? I have to take the public bus if you do, sorry..." Jia played with her thumbs, awaiting the other gir's answer. 

  "Uh, um yes." She laughed awkwardly. "Let me just... Call my mom. One second, Jia." 

 

  The awkward wait for the bus to arrive seemed hours, but when they finally found their seat, Jia pulled out her 3DS. 'So she got the pink  one... Well, of course.' Fei thought happily to herself. She pulled hers out as well and, as if nothing had happened, went to join Jia in her town. 

Jia  : race u 2 museum

 Fei: ok

  When finally there, she saw Jia running upstairs into the display room. Fei followed and walked over to Jia's character, which was looking at something on display. 

  Jia: look.

  Virtual Fei walked over to where virtual Jia was standing and saw a pattern that simply said, "Jia loves Fei." 

   Fei, tearing up, closed her game and looked out the window, smiling. She could feel a hand slide on top of hers, and then as if she had done it a million times before, laced their fingers together.

  

  "Fei loves Jia back." 

 

________________________________________________________-

OKAY DONE.!!!!!!?!?!?!? i hope you guys liked it whew!