III

instability
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

         "Are you sure?"

         "Hm," Soobin nodded. "I'm also pretty sure she told you she usually blogged."

         "No, I don't recall that happening."

         "That's probably because you never paid her enough attention."

         "Yes, I did! I did pay her attention. I did everything for her!"

         "What?" Soobin laughed. "Don't lie to yourself, Harry." Harry leaned his back against the chair and took his eyes from the computer to glance at her.

         He squinted his eyes. "What do you mean?"

         "I don't really want to get into that, because whenever I stepped in between you both, I ended up ruining everything, but... just to remind you: she had to wake up every single day earlier just to meet you up at your bus stop, during school days."

         "Yeah, I know." He quickly answered, suddenly uninterested — because he knew what was coming.

         Soobin started to count with her fingers, "You never, ever!, took her to her bus stop - much less to her home."

         "That was out of question. Besides," he glanced again. "she didn't want me to."

         "What? You do know I clearly remember your argument because you didn't take her to her freaking bus stop, that was like, 20 meters away from where we were, right?"

         "That! That time it wasn't my fault, I told her we could spend some quality time together, but she said she had to leave—"

         "Because she had things to do. I was the one who went with her, I perfectly remember her complaining the whole way."

         "Okay, fine." He sighed, frustrated. "Maybe you're right about that day..."

         "She broke up with you a few days later, remember?"

         He gave her a look, "How could I forget?"

         "You ignored her, remember?" He bit his lip, looking away. "You didn't even listen to what she had to say, remember? You even went to the point of mocking her. And! Oh my God!" Soobin took her hands to her head in a dramatic way. "Remember when you deleted her from your friends list on Facebook? That was so ridiculously childish."

         "She added me, after that."

         "I know."

         "How do you know all of that?"

         "Did you know..." Soobin leaned against the desk. Harry turned to her and with a head movement, demanded her to say what she was going to say. She cleared his voice. "She used to visit your photography portfolio every single day? She thought that... She thought that she would get to know you better - she always wanted to get to know you better, to be, more than lovers, to be friends, real friends, - and she thought that could happen by seeing your work, by seeing things you liked to do."

         Harry took his hands to his face, covering it, and spoke between them. "Did she tell you that?"

         Soobin shook her head. "She doesn't tell that to anyone."

         "How do you know, then?"

         "She writes it."

         "On her blog?"

         "On her blog, on her stories, on some notebooks I found at her home..."

         "You mean, like a diary?"

         Soobin got up from her seat. "Is that even relevant?" She picked up her bag and calmly left the library, facepalming herself as soon as she reached the sidewalk. "Maybe I revealed a bit too much..."

 

 

 

        

         Haneul was lying on her bed, on her stomach, her head over her crossed arms. Her room was pitch-black although the world outside was everything but dark. Tiny rays of light came in through the not-completely-closed blinds, as if trying to lift the mood up. Haneul raised her arm and played with the light, only to let it fall again with a loud thud. She sighed and blinked, her eyes mindlessly travelling back to the light, as if repelling the darkness. Her index finger started doodling on the b

Please log in to read the full chapter