The Big News

2 Years And More

We sat silently at the dinner table. I couldn't stare at his face, it was too hard. Kyungsoo grabbed my hand and lightly squeezed. I began to sob. I soon wouldn't be able to feel his touch anymore.

"Camille..." He began.

I pulled my hand away from him. I knew that dating him would be hard, since he was a korean idol. Even knowing that I decided to leave the US to come and live with him. My family thought I was crazy and that I would regret it. 

"If I had known sooner I would've told you." Kyungsoo said with great desperation.

"You didn't know?" I sobbed.

"No I didn't." He said painfully.

I wiped my tears, "So how long are you going to be gone?"

The pain in his eyes grew more and more.

Not looking at my eyes he answered, "Two years.."

"T-two years!" I sobbed louder. "Two years with no contact and not seeing you?"

Kyungsoo got up from his chair and ran his fingers through his hair. The frustration was growing and he threw the chair down. He stood in silence for a long time before he finally spoke.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry that such thing came up last minute. The CEO..." He trailed off.

I knew that Kyungsoo wasn't all to blame but I couldn't help feel angry. Kyungsoo walked towards where I was seated at and pulled me up. He pulled me in and leaned his face down to mine. 

"I promise not to see anyone. Two years sounds like a long time but we'll make this work." He tried assure me.

"But how? We can't even contact..."

"Are you willing to wait for me?" He interrupted.

I didn't answer. I stood there, close to him, not looking into his eyes. His breathing started to get heavy.

"Camille...are you willing to wait for me?" Kyungsoo's voice shook.

There were so many things that went through in my mind. I finally looked into his eyes, I could see that he was also in upset about the news. I gently touched his face and kissed his lips. 

"I'll wait for you. I will always wait for you." I promised.

Kyungsoo hugged me tightly and kissed me repeatedly. 

"I love you." 

The next day in the evening...

The sky was not clear but the clouds had a light tint of purple to them. The snow fell gently on our heads as we walk through the silent park. The snow seemed to quiet the sound of the loud city and it was like we were the only two on Earth. I pull my scarf up closer to my face. The cold air seemed to cut our skin but yet we stood there holding each other's hands. Thoughts of taking away or begging him not to go ran through my mind, but I knew this was his dream. I didn't want to take that away from him. I could feel his stare and turned my face to look back at him. We just stared at each other not moving afraid, that if we did, we'd disappear. Kyungsoo turned my body and started to fix my scarf and making sure it was tucked in well into my coat. His concentrated face looked so adorable and beautiful. I won't be seeing this side of him for two years, I thought to myself. I put my hand next to his face and gently caress his face. He smiled but it didn't reach his eyes, so much pain were in them and he most likely saw the pain in my eyes too. Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to his body. He leans his face on mine, making our noses and foreheads touch.

"Can words even express how much I'll miss you?" He asked

I smiled and looked down on the ground. I couldn't take it anymore, all the emotions came back again. I could feel the warmth of the tears rolling down my face, slightly stinging my frozen skin. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hid my face into his shoulder. I tried to keep my sobs quiet but I couldn't. I wanted to say something to him, i didn't him to just comfort me, i wanted to make him feel better too. His hand began to my hair and i could hear him sniffle.

"I love you so much, I'll be cheering you on. I'll watch every broadcast you're on and buy every song you release. I'll be here waiting for you and when you come back we'll start where we left off. I promise." I sobbed.

 

 

 [Sorry it's short but I'm going to start the next chapter now :D ]