o4

~ Cupid's Arrows ~ [HIATUS]

A/N: On the last chapter, most of you wanted me to do Jiyong's POV. I'm not really against that idea and would be happy to do it, but to be honest, if I did write what Jiyong was thinking then it would kind of spoil things in the story. So yes, I guess you could say there's somewhat of a hidden thing going on in his thoughts. I might put his POV in the future, but for now it's mostly going to be written in Dara's POV. Sorry if it dissappointed any of y'all.

 

Dara's P.O.V -

The week flew by pretty rapidly and today just happened to be the day we were going to film the lollipop music video.

Yuhan, our choreographer, had assigned us to our partners, the one's who we'd be having a short little dance duet with in the music video and when we were going to perform. 10 seconds at the most with each pair, because we had 5 pairs who were due for a duet. Minzy was with Daesung, Bom was happily paired up with TOP (and trust me, she couldn't stop ranting on about how they were skinshipping all the way through the dance) CL had to go with Taeyang and Seungri, since there's only 4 girls.

Leaving me with Jiyong, or should I say, GDragon (ssi).

Isn't it ironic, how the guy you have a slight crush on just has to be paired up with you to do a dance that happens to involve a lot of skin intimacy? I bet life was just teasing me, like how friends tease you by calling out the name of the guy you like.

Fortunately, I acted all mature about it and didn't show a slight interest in him, even though I did. He acted the exact same way.

"Dara-ssi, you stand in front of Jiyong whilst he places his hand on the left side of your hips" Yuhan had said. I immediately blushed and tried not to act as if it was nothing, but I saw the girls laughing in the corner whilst looking at me since they knew that I liked Jiyong, and I couldn't help but feel even slightly embarrassed.

Today, I had my make up done with the kindess make up artist I had met so far in YG. I had my hair tied, but it was sticking right up in the air. They said it was somewhat of a style that suited me, they fixated it with a purple tube that wrapped around it. It stood up straight for about half an hour before it kind of went a bit floppy on one side making it look like the leaning towr of pisa.

The clothes that we were assigned to wear for the music video were very electronic and neon colours indeed. I guess you could say that the style did match the song and background of our music video slightly. But it wasn't really my style.

"Take 1, girls, stand in your positions"

All four of us stood in front of the camera in our positions, ready to film the first part of our music video. Director says if we get a lot of work done today, we might not have to film the other half of the music video tomorrow and just get everything done today. Which is what i'd rather plan happen.

"Play"

Lolly, lolly, lollipop oh neon naui lollipop

Lolly, lolly, lollipop. Oh, lollipop pop

And then Jiyong came in front of us. Nah, that's not how we do it

One shots were done after another, and it was finally time for mine and Jiyong's little dance duet together. "Do it just like we practiced" Jiyong whisphered in my ear, sending chills up my spine "Okay" I replied cooly

The music played, and I was nervous, making me accidentally stumble on our first shot. "Sorry..!" I apologised

The director sighed heavily "It's okay, let's try this again"

Just do it like you rehearsed, Dara. Don't make another mistake.

*smack*

"Oh my god!" I ran over to GD who was covering his face with his hands since I accidentally hit him with my hand "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I asked. Oh my god, Dara. You babo. Why did you do that? Now he just thinks of you as a miserable failure. He probably doesn't like you now, heck, he probably never liked you. Agh, why did you mess up?!

"I'm alright, don't worry" he reassured me

"A-are you sure? I'm so sorry, mianhe!"

"It's alright"

"Dara.." I turned to face the director, who was clearly not looking pleased "Concentrate." he demanded. I bowed to apologise again.

Take 3. This time, I didn't mess up. But I knew I didn't put as much effort as I did in rehearsal. I don't know why, but I just got so nervous at that exact moment. The director was looking at me, the stage crew was looking at me, the rest of 2NE1 and Big Bang were looking at me. I felt a little sweat drip off my forehead as I recalled that extremly embarassing moment.

I've never really been this nervous in front of a boy before. Ever. I mean, i've had crushes before but never this extreme. Maybe I just really like Jiyong? I don't know, but it's somewhere along those lines.

 

"And that's a wrap," said the director, seeming pleased. Luckily, we managed to complete filming the whole music video within a day despite the occassional mistake that I had made. "Good work today, guys" he praised us

We were free to hang around the set for a little while before we got off our dress costumes and make up for the video. I started biting on my nails and turned around to find Jiyong and Seungri chatting to each other. I observed him carefully, gah, he has such a good fashion sense. Better than mine indeed.

Now that I look at him, I don't really see any special aspects about him looks-wise that would appeal to me. Usually I wouldn't go for guys like him, I normally go for bad boy types; is he even a bad boy? I don't know, but I certainly don't know why I like him either. Maybe it's not like, but just an interest in him.

When I turned around, all 3 girls were staring at me. I guess they saw what I was doing. Aish.

"You messed up big time Dara" Bom said

"Ugh, I know. Just don't remind me of it anymore." I said, collapsing my hands over my face in embarassment

"Wonder what GD thinks of you now"

"Probably doesn't think very high of me"

"Want me to hook you up?" offered CL

I removed my hands off my face "What?"

I knew she was kind of the 'bad girl' but at the same time good in our group. She's had rows of boyfriend, each one she would kind of end up messing with and eventually break their heart. They'd coming begging at her feet for another chance but she would just ignore them as if she had got something better to do. She was like the author of a 'boy bible' book. So she'd definitely know how to kick things off if you wanted to hook up with someone.

"Come on," she insisted "you like him, don't you?" I immediately blushed, i'm such a giveaway sometimes "Exactly. You're hardly making any progress on your own, Dara. Plus all you talk to him about is work and dance practice."

"I-I guess..."

"Tell you what," she said "go up to him and start a conversation right now."

"But- I don't know how"

"Watch," she said and my eyes followed her. She walked past up to Jiyong, who was now on his own "Jogi, GDragon-ssi, you did well today." 

He smiled at her. God, he was so cute. "Thank you, I appreciate it. You did as well." they both bowed slightly towards each other and she came swaggering back to me in pride "See? It's easy"

Being convinced that I could do just as well as her, I stammered over there and pretended to walk past him to prove to her that I can be as much of a girl-player as she can "Oh, um, Jiyong-ssi. You did great today," he looked up at me and smiled. Immediately I felt butterflies were flying out of me. "listen, i'm sorry for what happened earlier," I noticed a slight and faint bruise on the bridge of his nose "God, and I left you with a little bruise as well. I must really have hit you that hard."

He touched the bridge of his nose with his finger and scratched it slightly "Um, yeah," he grinned "I'm alright though. S'kay. You did great too, by the way"

"Are you kidding me? I made a mistake like twice" I can't believe it, i'm actually having a conversation with him.

"Overall, you did great, I mean" he said smiling. That's it, i'm melting. I'm melting slowly at the cuteness of your face, Kwon Jiyong. You adorable, kawaii thing you.

"Hyung~" Seungri hugged him behind the back "Let's go," Seungri turned to notice me "Oh, annyeonghasseyo, noona!" he greeted, bowing to me

"Annyeonghaseyo, Seungri-ssi" I bowed back

"Noona, because we need to get to know each other more, let's drop formalities as a starter. Okay?"

"Arrasso, Seungri-ah"

He smiled "That's better. Anyway, hyung. Let's go now. We need to get our costumes and make up off. See you later, noona!"he said, dragging Jiyong along with him

"Bye, Dara-ssi!" he said. Well, at least he knows my name.

I came back to the girls, who happened to be observing me throughout the whole conversation. "Took a while," said CL, grinning "so, want me to help you hook up with him?" she brought up the subject again

"What exactly are you gonna do though?"

"Oh, you'll see," she said in a deceiving manner, leaving me suspicious "You'll thank me later, though. Swear. But for now, you gotta get closer to Jiyong and give him the hints that you're interested. Who knows? You might end up dating each other by the end of the month. It was about time you started dating someone else and forget about your ex-douchbag" I punched her on the arm playfully "Yah, I'm just trying to help" she reassured me

I hesitated for a moment "Hm, alright" I cooly agreed

She was right. Maybe it was time for me to start seeing someone new. I'm 25 now and not getting younger. I'll put everything bad that happened to me in the past. Hopefully this little 'mission' of ours is gonna be a breeze