o1

~ Cupid's Arrows ~ [HIATUS]

Dara's P.O.V -

I didn't know.

I didn't know what our love for each other could bring us. It was sweet, it was magical, but above all, breath-taking. All these talks about love, I never believed it until I actually got to experience it. And it's true, my knees do get weaker, my mind does go blank, my heart beats at every step he makes closer to me.

I know, I sound absolutely head over heels for this guy, don't I? Well, let me tell you, it wasn't an easy road. This didn't happen in a blink of an eye, it took time, along with effort. I had to waste countless tears over him again and again. I cried like an idiot for him. He was my heartbreaker yet my lover at the same time.

My name is Sandara Park, and i've been in love.

 

~~~

The hot sun was absolutely steaming that day, though it was only the first of March, it already seemed like August.

"Daraaaaa..!" One of my best friends, Bom, came and hugged me from behind. Her real name is Park Bom, but I call her this for short. My two other friends followed behind her, Minzy and ChaeRin, or, as her stagename is, CL. 

"Unnie, you're here" Minzy said with a hug."

"Yeah" I responded back with a smile. These 3 were my absolute best friends. I met them on my first day in high school, and since then, we've become really close as a group.

I'm quite a determined girl. I have this passion for acting and singing since I was young. Heck, I even went on to playing the lead role of  the singing version of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz when I was 8 in the school play, for me it was my two favourite things combined together all in one bit.

Unfortunately, my parents weren't really supportive on me pursuing any kind of career in acting or singing. They wanted me to study hard and get a high-paying job when i'm older. Though it seems low for them to think and say that, it's clear that they don't want their little girl going through any kind of heartbreak or disappointment if I don't get accepted in to things such as the lead role, etc.

However, I didn't listen to them. My determination climbed over their opinions and words that suggested that i'll never make it, but I did. We moved to the Philippines when I was 10 or so, as I grew up there I auditioned for some filipino TV shows, and I managed to appear on some episodes of the series. I loved it, it was like my dream was finally coming to life and this skill of mine was put in to good use.

And then, a miracle happened. By then, I was already well-known in the Philippines as an actress, but I never thought that I would be more. Yang Hyun Suk offered me workshop classes in Korea in 2004, I took this offer, but doing this meant so that I had to put my career in the Philippines on an indefinite hold. I ended up leaving the show business industry to reconnect with my own culture, but, all hope wasn't lost as YG had me sign a contract with them.

As of today, we have formed the band 2NE1, which consists of me, CL, Minzy, and Park Bom. I was surprised yet glad that Yang Hyun Suk even considered all of us 4 in to one group, and that all 4 just happened to be the closest of friends.

Today, we were going to learn and then rehearse the dance of our single; "Lollipop" featuring Big Bang, another band associated with YG. It's weird really because even if we collaborated with each other, i've never really met them as a group before except for Daesung, who I accidentally bumped in to one time. We did our recordings seperately and individually.

"Let's go, Yang Hyun Suk is waiting for us in his room" CL suggested

"Crap, oh yeah, don't wanna be late" I said and then we all hurried 

 

"Girls, as you know, you are going to learn and then rehearse the dance of your first single in preparation for stage performances, yes?" We all nodded our heads "Once you know this dance, we will make a music video out of it, perhaps in a week or two? Anyway, you will also have to work with my other group, Big Bang. I hear that this might be your first time meeting them as well?"

"Ne"

"Alright. Well, I expect you to work hard. Don't let these years of training go to waste, I am also planning for you girls to have one of your  own songs, and then finally a full album, but that will come later. For now, we'll have to work on this. Off you go."

"Ne, kansahamnida" We bowed and then left to go to the dance practice room

I'm fairly new here to the YG building, so occassioinally I get lost but for some reason the dance practice room was easy to find. We opened the doors to find a group of people, some in one corner talking, a few on the floor on their phones looking bored, but as soon as we got there, they all stopped to look at us.

"Oh, there you are," a man walked towards me "you're a bit late, but i'll let you off since it's your first time. Annyeonghaseyo, i'm Kim YuHan. I'm a choreographer here." he held out his hand and I took it, "Annyeonghaseyo, i'm Sandara Park."

The introductions to us and our now new choreographer ended up being a bit long and we took of precious time of rehersal.

"Right, okay, since you girls sing first in the song, all four of you stand here at the front first," All four of us took a step forward, we all seemed quite nervous since it was our first time, including me "play the music," he ordered "I'll show you what you have to do first, since it's a bit hard to explain. You go like this, to the beat of 'Lolly, lolly, lollipop', okay?" His hand made a motion that indicated to play the music and he showed us the dance. It seemed relatively easy.

"Now you girls try, cue"

Lolly, lolly, oh lollipop

Lolly, lolly, oh lolly lollipop

"Ok, stop there," Wow, I thought to myself, we haven't even gotten to the chorus to the song yet, I wonder how long it's gonna take learning all this "Jiyong, you come on now and dance the same way as them"

All of a sudden, a slim boy came in front of us wearing a beanie and one of those surgical masks that had a design of a skull's mouth on it so I couldn't really see what he looked like but I was assuming he was one of the members of Big Bang. He completely blocked my view of myself in the mirror as he was standing right in front of me, he wasn't really that much taller than me though, I couldn't see his face properly. "Cue".

About an hour or two passed, and by the end I was already tired. I grabbed a towel and patted my face then drank some water from my water bottle. God, I didn't know it would be this tiring, plus we just managed to rehearse to the chorus! The choreographer kept on pushing and pushing us to our limits and to get things right and perfect, I felt as if the rest of them, the one's who have been in YG for years, were sniggering at the new be's in the building because we could hardly get things right. And that hardly made us feel welcome at all.

"That's enough for today, folks. But i'll be expecting you back here again tomorrow at 6am, sharp."

I gasped at what he said. "What? At 6?" I exclaimed

YuHan looked at me "Yes, you heard me right"

I sighed and looked at the time; 8pm. At least I have a few hours to myself, right?

The people who worked with us were now beggining to pick up their bags and wiped their sweat that lingered on the edges of their foreheads. Gross, but, I guess I can't say much because i'm the same as them.

My bag happened to be underneath someone's bag, I guess they just lazily plonked it on top of mine without any care that the weight of their bag could have any damage to what's in my bag. Gosh. I might even feel some regret already on this place. "Excuse me," someone said behind me "my bag is next to yours" he immediately picked up the bag that was on top of mine.

I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering who he was. Then I saw that mask he was wearing. Oh yeah, it's that boy again, his name is...er..G-something, J-Jiyong? I think I heard YuHan call him that. 

My eyes continued to stare at him. Why isn't he taking that mask off? Seriously, he must be suffocating right now. I hate it when guys wear that, like, what's it for, seriously? Fashion? Style? Or do you just not want us to see your face? Honestly. 

"Unnie," Minzy poked her head through the door "let's go"

I realised that I had completely been distracted by this, Jiyong. "Oh, right, sorry" I said and went out with Minzy.

"Yah, unnie, who were you looking at?" she asked

"What? Oh, no one"

"Don't lie, you were looking at that boy"

"OMG! Who's this about?" Bom came out of nowhere like a nosey person eager to know what's going on

"I think Dara has a crush" Minzy said

"Aniii" I whined

"Omo, who?" Bom asked

"You know, that guy...er, what's his name, GDragon?"

I gave a confused look at Minzy, who the heck is GDragon? "His name is Jiyong" I said proudly, assuming that I was correct, but I really wasn't

"Babo yah, his stage name is GDragon. His real name is Jiyong."

"Ohhhhhh." I said in realisation

"Honestly, Dara. Anyway, you like him? Oooh. Well, personally, I like TOP," Bom smiled as she said his name, we all looked at her weirdly "What? He's kinda hot"

"Oh, for goodness sake, let's just go. I want to rest now, plus we have to get up at 6 tomorrow." I whined

"Arrasso, arrasso"

All four of us went for chinese takeaway that night before finally going in to our apartment that we all shared. Two bedrooms, luckily I shared mine with CL so i'll have none of that talkative Park Bom and can rest well.

Our first day wasn't bad, I guess, but it could have been better. I didn't really take much notice of the members of Big Bang, to me they all seemed, like, normal to me. None of them really had my interest, I was just friendly and worked with them as I should. I saw all of their faces, and yeah I guess they're kind of pretty cute, but none my style. Except for Jiyong, of whome which I don't even know what he looks like, but that's okay since i'll see them tomorrow anyway. Hopefully this time without his mask. For some reason, I really want to know what he looks like.

 

A/N: And that ladies and gentlemen, was their first encounter with each other. The first chapter I know, but don't get uninterested yet cause this is just the beggining of it yo. Anyways, comment and subscribe, look forward to some more chapters :)