Epilogue

Concomitant

Epilogue

 


Krystal rushed off the stage, sweat glistening on her forehead as she was quickly swept backstage. She was barrelled into the changing room and swiftly changed into her new costume before rushing out of the room again.

As she hurried down the corridor, she tugged at her outfit and struggled to smoothen out her hair. Being a part of the SM Town concert was no joke; there was hardly any time to even breathe. The staff ushered her to the side of the stage and she huffed, still trying to get her breath back. She could still hear the voices of her members on stage as they addressed the crowd, and she smiled at the thought of them.

They had been a big inspiration to her, providing her support and accompanying her as they battled through the hard times. She felt a swell of affection for all of them, even though she had not been so receptive of Victoria, especially since they had a language barrier between them. However, now they were so close, they were almost akin to family. Once again, she sent a quick prayer to god, thanking him for blessing her with such great friends and members.

“Aigoo…. Look at you.”

A face suddenly popped in front of her and a hand reached out, gently wiping the beads of sweat off Krystal’s face. Jessica smiled warmly at her as she tossed the tissue into the dustbin before enveloping her sister in a hug. Krystal grinned in excitement and squeezed Jessica tightly as well.

“You ready?’’

Jessica pulled back and looked at Krystal, her eyes twinkling with anticipation. Krystal nodded fervently and made a cheeky face,

“I was born for this!”

Jessica laughed along with Krystal and the both of them quietened down for a moment as they allowed the staff to help them fix on their microphones.  The f(x) members were wrapping up their talk on stage and the sisters were on standby, ready to dash in once the signal was given.

“Krys… I just wanted to say I’m sorry.”

Krystal turned her head at Jessica’s voice, and Jessica looked guiltily at the floor.

“I’m sorry for not being a good older sister, and I’m sorry-“

“Save it.”

Krystal interrupted Jessica, and smiled warmly at the stunned girl.

“You are the best older sister ever.”

Jessica froze. Guilt threatened to smother her and she bit her lip to prevent tears from rolling down her cheeks.

No, she wanted to say, I never was. You are the best younger sister ever, but I am the worst.

Every time Jessica had seen Krystal at the company, pain would course through her. She would always see the suffering in Krystal's eyes and she would instinctively blame herself for not trying hard enough to stop her from entering the company. At those times, she would quickly excuse herself in fear that being in the mere presence of her sister would bring her to tears. However, she frequently observed her sister from afar, her heart breaking as she saw the coldness that Krystal faced everyone with. 

Those sights brought Jessica many sleepless nights, but she still could not bring herself to face Krystal.

Now, as Jessica looked at her sister who was grinning at the antics of her members on stage, she felt so relieved that her sister found such amazing friends that were the sisters she never was.

Jessica smiled slightly and reached over to ruffle Krystal’s hair once more. Krystal slapped her hand away with a scowl, complaining that her hair would be all messed up. The sisters once again laughed together and nearly broke out into a playful scuffle, if not for the staff reminding them that they were up next.

Jessica grinned at Krystal, before finally saying,

“Just in case you still don’t know, you’re way better than me.”

Krystal laughed and answered playfully,

“I always knew that.”

The lights on the stage faded and the two sisters glanced at each other before running out towards the stage.

Almost at once, the lights went on again, illuminating the two sisters standing side by side. The crowd erupted in cheers and Krystal grinned, taking in the sight of all the fans chanting together. The music started to play and the sisters burst out in choreography, the adrenaline pumping through their veins.

Their dream finally came true, in front of thousands of fans that witnessed the breath-taking miracle.

 

With none less than the other,

With their unbreakable bond,

They finally found where they were supposed to be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Thanks for reading~<3