Please Know That I Love You

Infinitely Yours

Infinite - 니가좋다(I Like You).mp3

Haeseon walked back home alone after her classes ended. It was just another bad day of her life. Her crush was hanging out with another girl again today, making her mad and depress at the same time.

Her crush never noticed her existence. No matter how hard she tried to get good grades to gain attentions, nerd just wasn't her crush's type.

Again she scored number one in her class, distinction for Mathematics and all the 3 Sciences. Again no one noticed her. Her classmates merely clapped their hands and everything went back to normal again.

She gave up, no one was going to notice her anyway, she thought.

She thought of how she should move on and forget about her crush but it seemed so impossible. She just couldn't forget about him. The more she tried to forget about him, the more she thought of him.

"Kim Myungsoo, just you wait. I will forget about you one day, I will achieve that." Haeseon said to herself and did the 'fighting' gesture.

Haeseon was alone at home, revising English. "That idiot when it comes to English, I will definitely impress him with my English skills." And again, she studied hard for her crush again.

It was a sunny Sunday. Haeseon went to the park to do her regular weekend jogging. Jogging was the only thing that could help her to release stress. For years, she never met anyone she knew at the park, today though, was different.

She was jogging with her headsets booming her favourite songs. Suddenly, A guy caught up with her and tapped her shoulder.

"I never knew you like jogging too. May I jog with you?" the guy asked and flashed the most handsome smile Haeseon had been so in love with.

"Myungsoo ssi?" Haeseon gawked at Myungsoo and swallowed hard. "Yeah...I guess so." she replied and took off her headsets.

"Thanks." Myungsoo added and together, they jogged around the park for three rounds.

"So, I heard you scored number one again this time." Myungsoo said when they headed to a nearby vending machine to buy isotonic drinks.

'He knew?' Haeseon thought and gulped. "Yeah.." she replied and cleared .

"Woah ~ those subjects are so easy to you isn't it? I envy you." Myungsoo replied again and pouted.

Haeseon momentarily forgot about where they were and giggled at Myungsoo's compliment. "Well, you can do it too if you study hard." 

Myungsoo looked at Haeseon for a while and smirked. Which, Haeseon told herself that she must had imagine it. 

"What if...I want you to be my tutor?" Myungsoo asked out of a sudden and caused Haeseon to stare at him with her eyes widened.

"My mom is nagging me a lot, and I want to go Infinite University, would you help me?" Myungsoo asked with full sincerity and Haeseon could tell he wasnt lying just by looking into his eyes. 

"Yes." Haeseon replied and laughed a small laugh. Finally, she was going to spend most of her time with her crush. 

And just like that, Haeseon and Myungsoo spent at least 5 hours a day to study together every day ater school, in their empty classroom. Imagine how happy she was. Every time they studied together, Haeseon would found herself staring at Myungsoo for more than 5 times a day or smiled just by watching Myungsoo scribbling everything she wrote on the whiteboard.

As time passed, Haeseon realised everything had make her very happy but this was not what she wanted. She knew Myungsoo only get close to her because he wanted to improve his marks and that was it. She thought of how selfish Myungsoo was and yet she was so in love with him. And then, she decided, it was better to end every thing rather than ending up falling for him deeper.

It was the last day before their exams, Myungsoo asked Haeseon a lot of questions regarding Mathematics and English. Haeseon answered him in an exasperated tone and started to ignore him the day after that.

Myungsoo noticed the different behaviour of Haeseon but kept his mouth shut for he didn't want anything to ruin his exam and he suppressed his questions about Haeseon until the very last day of their exam.

"Haeseon!" Myungsoo called out after he walked out from the examination hall of their school. Haeseon turned to him and folded her arms. 

"What happened? You...you changed..." Myungsoo asked and looked at Haeseon with his puppy eyes. It was hard, but Haeseon managed to remain motionless after looking at Myungsoo for a second. "This is it. I've had enough Kim Myungsoo."

Myungsoo gawked at Haeseon's statement and dropped his bag. "What do you mean?"

This time, Haeseon couldn't control herself and her tears started to fall. "I will admit it. I like you, no, I love you but the fact that you only try to get close to me because you want to improve your marks is it just too harsh. For years, I watched you flirt with different girls every day, saying nerds are not your type, and gave me poker face for years and then approach to me suddenly just because you got annoyed by you-" She broke off when Myungsoo suddenly pulled her into a hug.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for doing this but believe me, I did every thing I ever did to you because...because I love you." Myungsoo broke the hug and  Haeseon's hair. "I didn't know how to approach to you. You were always alone yet you could still smile for brightly when the others called you teacher's pet. And the way you would always look at me, I want to look back at you and tell you how much I love you but I couldn't. I just...can't. But not anymore, I love you and that's the truth. And about hating nerds, I was just trying to get your attention."

Haeseon was silent for the first few moments. Is he telling the truth? she thought. "Yes I'm telling the truth." Myungsoo seemed to read her mind.

Out of the sudden, Myungsoo knelt down in front of every one and held Haeseon's hand tightly. 

"Han Haeseon, would you be my girlfriend?" Myungsoo purposely asked out loudly causing every boys to whistle and clap for him whilst some other girls glared at Haeseon.

Haeseon looked around her and blushed. 

"OI Haeseon! Myungsoo really loves you! Please accept him!" Sungyeol, Myungsoo's best friend shouted and gave Haeseon the 'fighting' gesture.

"...Yes." Haeseon answered and pulled Myungsoo into another hug. 

"I knew you would say yes. Please know that I love you." Myungsoo added and hugged Haeseon more tightly.