I Love You, and that will Never Change

Infinitely Yours
 
Years and years, Woohyun never gave up in asking Soyu to be his girlfriend. No matter how many times she rejected him, he still insisted she was the only one for him and that will never change. 
 
It was Soyu's 25th birthday. Soyu expected nothing but Woohyun's 10th confession about how much he loved her. He had been asking her to be his girlfriend since she was 15, and he would always confess on her birthdays, thus leading her to be so ignorant of her own birthday.
 
Soyu headed to the bus stop after she finished writing the reports that her employer asked her to do. She was a bit annoyed because her colleages kept reminding her about how Woohyun would confess to her later on. She tried to push the thoughts away and walked to the bus stop while she thought of how she should reject Woohyun later.
 
When she arrived at the bus stop, she was surprised that there was no one at there. And then, a thought came up. It was just another tactic of that Nam Woohyun to attract her attention, so she sat on one of the benches and waited patiently for Woohyun's appearance. 
 
It had been 30 minutes but Woohyun hadn't appear. Could something had happen to him? She started to worry about him, and she decided to wait for him at there although the bus she was going to ride had already stopped by two times. 
 
The bus arrived at the bus stop for the 3rd time already, the driver even opened to door and asked if she was following today, since it was a daily routine that she used that bus after work. She wanted to go home, but the thought of Woohyun bugged her, what if something did happen to him? She shook her head and the driver smiled before he closed the door and drove off again. 
 
1 hour later, Woohyun still hadn't appear. she took out her phone and looked at the time, it was 10:30PM already. Maybe he gave up already, she thought. 
 
Just when she decided to walk back home, her phone rang and she answered it immediately because her phone indicated that it was Woohyun but the person who spoke to her wasn't Woohyun. 
 
"Hello, are you Mr. Nam's girlfriend?" the person asked. It was a girl.
 
Mr. Nam's girlfriend. Why the heck who someone ask if she was his girlfriend when she had never accept him? And then, she thought of how Woohyun used to go around, telling everyone they were meant to be. She guessed she shouldn't be surprise.
 
"Yes I guess so...who is this?" she answered rather exasperatedly. 
 
"I'm Nurse Kim. Mr. Nam got into a car crash a while ago, and when we check his phone, the speed dial we could find was your number so we decided to call you. Can you come to the hospital right now?" the girl replied and sounded urgent. 
 
She was right, something happened to him and yet here she was, being disappointed in his disappearance. "I will be there as soon as I can." she replied and hung up the phone and rushed to the hospital with full speed. 
 
This wasn't what she had been expecting. The moment the nurse told her Woohyun got into car crash, her stomach dropped and her heartbeat stopped for a moment. For the first time, she was afraid that she would lost Woohyun forever. Thousands of memories flashed in her mind while she was rushing to the hospital. She was actually worried about Nam Woohyun, the guy who she thought was annoying. Everything happened to fast, nothing was making sense. All she knew was that she needed to get to the hospital. She must.
 
When she arrived at the hospital, she asked the nurse about Nam Woohyun's condition and the nurse showed her Woohyun's ward, he was in the ICU room. 
 
"Mr. Nam is still in critical condition. Be well prepared Miss." the nurse told her before she left her alone with Woohyun. All wrapped up in gauze, incluiding his leg. His eyes and mouth were the only features she could still see. 
 
She wanted to caress his cheeks but a knock came a nurse came in. 
 
"Mr. Nam was holding this present when he was sent here. I suppose it's for you since there's a picture of you and him together. I will put it here." The nurse put the present on the table and bowed before she left.
 
A picture of Woohyun and her? Soyu got curious and took the picture.
 
It was the photo they had taken when they first met, it was his birthday and the first day they met. She never knew he still kept that photo.
 
 '2003.02.08 with my baby beautiful Soyu.' was written on the back of the photo.
 
Tears filled in her eyes completely. She couldn't stop herself from crying, holding the photo close to her chest, she couldn't help but thought of how Woohyun treated her before any of this had happen. Nothing could describe how she felt. Why was she so cruel to Woohyun? Why didn't she accept him earlier?
 
She glanced at the present on the table, where the photo was above of it. She lift the cover and inside it, was pair of couple ring and full of photos of her. In all those photos, she wasn't looking at the camera, and then, she remembered. Woohyun had the habit of taking pictures of her regardless of her objection.
 
She went back to Woohyun's side and caressed his face carefully. "Nam Woohyun, you better wake up, I haven't say yes to your confession. Wake up...please..." 
 
She held his hand tight and put it on her chest. "Nam Woohyun, from now on, I am your girlfriend. Please...wake up..." her tears dripped on his hand and his fingers twitched. Suddenly, hopes were entering her mind, Woohyun wouldn't die, she told herself. He loved me, so he wouldn't leave, she thought and prayed that Woohyun would open his eyes.
 
"Soyu..." he said weakly. "There's...no turning back for this. Don't...land your eyes...on other guys..." he continued and smiled. 
 
"I won't." She replied gratefully and smiled to him too. 
 
Finally, he managed to open his eyes and smiled ever more lively to her. "I love you, and that will never change."
 
"I love you too, Nam Woohyun."