There's something I'd like to talk to you about?

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

It’s been two days already since we cleared everything.  How time flies by!

This morning, Taemin suggested we jog together and spend some time at our spot in the park.

This spot had so many memories.  “How did you change this much?” he asked as soon as we sat down.

I frowned.  “I did not change” I said.  Taemin raised a brow.

“First, you were never girly girl.  As far as I know, you didn’t even know what make up was, your hair used to be shorter than mine, and your clothes more boyish than mine” he stated.  I laughed. 

 

Back in the days, people used to laugh at him for being girly and me for being boyish.  Everyone used to say God made a mistake with the two of us.  Did it still bother him?  He looked manly now.

 

“And now when you laugh I can’t even see your chubby chin!” he exclaimed.
 

“I started losing weight around the time mother was sick and I had to pay for her medicines so I took a part time job during week days and a full time job on weekends.  Two jobs and school can be tiring” I said and felt him tense up.  Was he being guilty again?

 

“Don’t worry.  It happened for the best. See where it all got me today!” I said cheerful. 

 

“Yeah, a Hollywood star. That’s certainly something” he commented.
 

“What about you!” I exclaimed.  “Living the dream!  By the way, how was training? And your members?” I asked, suddenly realizing that I knew next to nothing about his other life.
 

His smile returned.  “Training was alright, but after our debut it was just awesome.  The fans loved us and its entirely because of them that we are here today.” He said and I smiled.  He always just wanted to dance.

 

“And my hyungs” he went on, “are the best! They can be a little over protective of me, but that’s fine I guess” he said in retrospect.
 

I felt a deep sense of pride, looking at him.  He worked hard for his dream and today he was exactly where he wanted to be.

“What about you? How come you went to the states?” he asked suddenly.
 

“The restaurants I worked in during weekends, had a little motel at the back.  There was some kind of famous photographer who came.  He took my pictures without me realizing it. 

One day before my mother had that heart attack, he approached me and said I was perfect for some ad, if I wanted the job” I said then took in a deep breath, careful of my next words, not wanting to hurt him.
 

“I declined, but after the heart attack, since I could not arrange the money for my mother’s operation, I went back and told him I would do it.  And the rest is history” I said with a smile.  What would I have done if Andy hadn’t been there!
 

“I am sorry.  I really didn’t know about ajumma.” He said with the saddest eyes ever.  “It’s alright.  She’s fine now.” I said but it still did not seem to ease his mind.
 

Earlier, I’d just tickle him and make him laugh, but he was not ticklish anymore.  It got me thinking.  I don’t know Lee Taemin the young man, I knew Taemin, the little boy.
 

___________________________________________________________________________________

****A the hospital****

 

“Taeminnie” my mother exclaimed as soon as she saw him and he went in for a hug.  My mother was glad we were on talking terms again.  We never told her that Taemin refused to help as we did not want to worry her.
 

After helping my mum with lunch, I carefully helped her lie back.  I was about to refill her water bottle, when she held my hand and smiled at me.  I sat by her side.  “There’s something I’d like to talk to you about.”
 

Taemin got up “We’ll give you some time” he said but his mother put a hand on his shoulder and motioned him to sit down.  “It’s about both of you” she said and I frowned.
 

“Both of you are doing well now” my mother started.  I frowned, I did not like where this was going. 


She squeezed my hand and said,“And you know how my health has considerably deteriorated”
 

“Mom!” I exclaimed, “You know you’re getting better”
 

“Yes dear, but who knows what might happen?”
 

Taemin chipped in “Yes ajumma,” then he gave me a cheeky grin and said “Besides, you still got to play with your grandchildren” I kicked his feet and he evaded my attack. Jerk!
 

Both my mother and Ajumma chuckled. 

“Yes, she has to play with them” Ajumma added.  “That’s why we were thinking” she said and looked at my mum who nodded, “It’s about time you became official”
 

Official?  I frowned.  “As in making it official that am back and look for suitors?” I asked incredulous.  Taemin just laughed.

I gave him a death glare while the elder ladies laughed. 
 

“No, Official as in getting married.  Both of you are here, and it’ll be a-“
 

“WHAT?” I asked, jumping from my seat.  "A wedding between him and me?"

My mother and Ajumma both nodded, looking a bit confused.  

"Don't you guys want to get married?"

I placed both hands on my hips and then, pointing a finger at Taemin,  “Lee Taemin! You want to marry me?” I asked accusingly.