Cheesecake?

Lee Taemin's Ji-Ara

I woke up with a terrible headache.  I sat on bed and tried to reconstruct what happened last night.  Ji Ara left; I was drinking with Jonghyun hyung and…..OH DAMN! Ji Ara came back?

 

With that thought in mind, I sprinted out, not caring about my throbbing head.  I stopped to find my members having breakfast.

 

“Morning Taeminnie” Key hyung and Jonghyun hyung cheered. 

 

I cringed.  “Not so loud” I said and walked over to the nice smell on the table.

 

Onew hyung laughed.  “Someone is having his first hang over!” and I was about to refute when he handed me a glass of lime water.

“Drink up, will help with the hang over” and I gratefully accepted.  When it seemed better, I frowned.

 

“What’s wrong?” key hyung asked me.

I shook my head.  “I had a weird dream last night.  That Ji Ara came back.” I said and he sighed.

 

“You need to get over her, Taeminnie.  She won’t be back” he said and I nodded.

 

That was when I noticed cheesecakes on the table.  Cheesecakes always made me think of her.

“Want some?” Minho hyung asked with a smile. I shook my head.  “Who made those?” I asked.

He shrugged.  “I think key bought it”

I looked at key hyung and he just smiled. 

 

I sighed.  If I can’t have her, might as well have stuff that reminds me of her, I thought to myself and took a bite of the most delicious cheesecake ever, cheesecakes that tasted exactly like Ji Ara’s.

 

I stared at all of them and noticed, for the first time since that morning, that the hyungs were trying so hard not to laugh.  That means….she is back?

 

I looked at them questioningly but all of a sudden they seemed to have something much more interesting to do rather than look at me.

 

She’s back! Was all that was going through my mind.  She’s really back.  I got up and took the car keys.  The only place she could be is her hotel. 

 

The joy I was feeling, the anticipation, made up for the headache.  If she’s really back…

 

At the Hotel

“Excuse me, could you tell me if Ji Ara is still staying in suite 205?” I asked the lady at the reception. She seemed fascinated on seeing me there. I tried hard to ignore that total admiration look.

 

“No sir, she checked out for her flight last night” she said and all my hopes went down.

 

I sighed.  It was probably just a dream after all….and the cheesecakes were just a coincidence.

 

I nodded, thanked her and walked back to the car.  The drive to the dorm is going to be a lonely one.

 

At the dorm

I sighed, wondering what I will tell the hyungs why I took the car and where I went off to.  They spoil me way too much, and I know it will just pain them to see me sad. 

 

I took in a deep breath and walked in.  As soon as I stepped in the living room, I froze on the step.

 

There she was, the most beautiful girl in this whole world, the only girl who could make my heart flutter, who could take my breath away.  And she was sitting there in sweats and hoodie, smiling as though she was the happiest person on earth.

 

____________________________________________________________
 

Ji Ara’s POV

 

As soon as Onew oppa asked us to hide in the pantry, I could not stop laughing.  We decided to make him toil one last time.  This was mainly because of his drinking last night. 

 

But as soon as I saw him through the almost closed door, hair tousled, with a baby face, I had wanted to just go out there and tell him I am back forever, for him.

 

It took all of Anna’s will and power to stop me. “Jeez, stay put.  How come I never saw this super energized side of you before” she asked, annoyed.  As soon as he left, we burst out into the kitchen.

 

“He did not even suspect anything” key oppa exclaimed, looking incredulous. 
 

I frowned at that.  That was when Onew oppa explained.  “Taemin is very bright and would usually suspect something is wrong when we try to prank him.” He said and we nodded.
 

“It is true love indeed that he did not suspect anything just now” Jonghyun oppa said, coming from the table and standing near Anna, who just blushed.

 

I shook my head at them.  “Come on, we need to prepare this well” I said and the oven signaled that my second batch of cheesecake was done.

 

30 minutes later, we heard the door open.  Everything was ready, cheesecakes and drinks on the table, everyone sitting and enjoying.  The moment he stepped inside, I saw a wave of emotions on his face, shock, disbelief, happiness?

 

The guys were just laughing at his reaction.  I walked to him with a slice of cheesecake in my hand.  “Cheesecake? “

 

******Flashback into their childhood*****

“What the hell Ji Ara!  You did not need to rub my face in the dirt” Taemin whined as he got up. 

 

“Good for you! You can’t just snatch my ice cream to give to other girls” Ji Ara replied, enjoying her ice cream. 

 

“How the hell can you be this strong?” he groaned opened his water bottle and emptied the contents on his face.  His left cheeks were all red.

 

“It hurts!” he whined again.  “Am never going to talk to you again!” he said, his heels and left.

 

Two days later

 

“Taeminnie, open your door.  Come on I said I was sorry!” Ji Ara  pleaded.  It had been two days since he last talked to her and whenever she would come over at his place, he would hide in his room.

 

She sighed.  “He will come out when he’s ready” his mum said sympathetically. 

 

“But I can’t wait that long! I wanna play” Ji Ara insisted. 

 

“Since you messed up the face he was so proud of, you should do something equally important to make up for it” she had suggested and Ji Ara knew immediately what to do.

 

The café she worked at had the most amazing cheesecake ever and Taemin had always wanted to eat that but could not as it was very expensive.  She talked to the ajumma chef and she agreed to teach her how to make it.

 

She spent three days learning how to make that, toiling hard day and night, while almost not sleeping.  Ji Ara had a fear of fire, which was why she could never cook, yet she make the cheesecake and was successful in the end.

 

She walked into his house, and heard the bang of his door closing.  She walked near it, sat down, with the cheesecake in front of her and her mini fan behind it.  And she waited.

 

Soon enough, Taemin opened the door, curious to the smell.

 

As soon as she saw him, Ji Ara broke into a smile and pushed the cheesecake next to him.  “Cheesecake?”