Into Kris' Brand New World

Into Kris' Brand New World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could feel my legs went weaker each second. Sweats rolled down all over my face to my neck. I stared at my Yoohee who was enduring the pain and my heart clenched. Here I was accompanying my Yoohee in the operating room. It seemed our daughter was still reluctant to greet the world and prefer her mother’s womb. Two hours had passed since the operation began and Yoohee started to look tired. I hated the fact that the only thing I could do was tightening my grip on her right hand, reassuring her that I was always by her side while hoping it could give her more strength.

 

The doctor kept telling instructions to my Yoohee and the nurses tried to help her following them. I could’t hear anything, though. Not that I had something wrong with my hearing organ, no, it’s just I refused to comprehend those words. I didn’t even dare to look anywhere else except my Yoohee’s pretty, tired face. I was not ashamed with the fact I was trembling so, so much watching my Yoohee delivering birth. I was scared, you know. What if something happen in the process? What if I… lose my Yoohee?

 

I shook that bad thought away and leaned in to give her kiss on her forehead, nose and cheeks. Nah, everything’s gonna be alright. Yoohee would be fine and we would finally be able to hold our precious daughter in our hands. I whispered some encouraging words softly in her ear. I wish she didn’t catch the anxiety in my tone. She looked at me lovingly with those beautiful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter