1

Truth or Death

 

There was once a man.
 
His name was Yifan.
 
Yihfan grew up in an orphanage but never once, did he resent the fact that he was brought up an orphan. Nanny Lee always said that they were precious children, good children. Even though they were children with no parents, they were still just as precious, as good as their peers. Yifan believed her words. 
 
Growing up without parent was tough. Many children in the orphanage became gang members, es, pimps. When arrested, then tried, they said the same words. Always.
 
"I did no wrong. "
 
But Yifan proved himself to be different. He studied hard, he worked diligently everyday. He could not expect Nanny to always care for him. 
 
So, day and night, Yifan worked hard and studied. He studied and studied and always emerged top in his cohort. Whenever he needed a guardian to attend his prize presentations, Nanny Lee would take that spot as his mother. 
 
Nanny lee was the only person he knew as his mother.
 
From top student to national scholar, he fought tooth and nail up in society. His application for a scholarship was approved easily, and within in short span of 2 years, he graduated with first class honours in law and medicine.
 
"A raging genius, a young man of strong potential and intelligence. He will succeed in his expertise, I am sure of it."-- Yifan's professor wrote in his report card. 
 
Wu Yifan was a branded genius.