Rescue!

The Stupid Thief I fell in Love with!!

Chapter 8

“Min Tae Yeon oppa!!” Haessal called again, voice wavering as tears of relief and happiness filled her eyes at confirmation.

“What in the world are you doing in there? What did you do to get in there?” he asked, still reeling in shock.

“I really didn’t do anything wrong Oppa!” Haessal quickly said, “atleast nothing to be put in prison! Actually, I couldn’t clear the misunderstandings….and was dragged here….” Haessal said, hope dancing in her eyes.

Prosecutor Min talked to inspector Lee and Haessal was shifted from the cell to the investigation room again.

Haessal looked at Min Tae Yeon Oppa, now Prosecutor Min who used to be her sunbae during school years. Even though there was 5-year difference in their ages yet they used to be friends back then owing to the same committees they attended together for years in school. They were also the volunteers at the same NGO.

Their contact had seized when Haessal went back to London 2 years ago, that’s why she didn’t know that he had become a prosecutor in the meanwhile.

Her knight for the night, prosecutor Min Tae Yeon sat with her and Inspector Lee while the latter reluctantly investigated her. She told him about the most drastic and happening day of her life– about her landing in Seoul just a few hours ago, losing her bag and documents (they immediately called the bank services to block the credit and debit cards), ending up in the market place and trying to get some money to call her parents….

Her parents were called and they gave them ji hye’s contact details too. Haessal called Ji Hye and she definitely seemed extremely anxious.

Haessal told her everything as simply as she could and Ji hye, who was always calm and composed but had started shouting at Haessal the moment she found who the caller was, came back to her usual composure.

It was apparent that she and her parents were worrying so much about Haessal’s well being that none of them could sleep even for a single second – they tried calling Haessal but her phone was switched off (courtesy to the dead battery) and they did not have any other means to reach her.

Ji Hye recognized Tae Yeon oppa too and her family took a sigh of relief only after he ensured them of Haessal’s safety.

‘Prosecutor’ Tae Yeon told them that he’ll send someone to drop Haessal at their home tomorrow morning. Until that time, they decided to relocate her to a hotel.

“You have no idea how long you could have been stuck here because of busy schedule of the police due to this bank robbery!” Tae Yeon chuckled as he helped Haessal take out her beloved remaining luggage out of his car when they reached the hotel.

“Jeongmal komawo Oppa!” Haessal sighed, thinking of her resolution to stop being anymore clumsy. “Thank you so much my Knight in black suit. The day ‘I was at my dumbest’ was cut short by you.” Haessal said bowing to him. “If you ever need any help in future, please call me.”

Tae Yeon couldn’t suppress his laughter at the irony of the last sentence.

“Yah! Oppa! I can be of some help…. You are not supposed to laugh at me like that!” Haessal pouted.

“Aigoo you haven’t changed a bit – always wanting to help others – but please don’t try doing that because their problems might increase due to that. You know you are clumsy!” he laughed patting her head softly and got into the car.

“I’ll dispatch someone in the morning to send you home” he said as he drove away waving her goodbye.

Haessal waved back relieved and smiling; finally she was saved from experiencing more awfulness in a single day! Though the loss was still huge.

She checked for her room at the reception. Once inside, se freshened up and quickly went to do something she wanted to do extremely badly – sleep!! Alas....it wasn’t as good as she wished it to be.

All through the night or rather early morning hours that she devoted to her sleep, she dreamt of chasing a very handsome guy – the only problem was that he was running away with her black limited – edition- Gucci- bag! She was so gonna get him!