Scraped Elbows

Unspoken Whispers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo wants him.

Kyungsoo has wanted him for so, so, so long now.

 

And who is the object of desire?

He's none other than the tanned skin male with tousled brown locks and chiseled good looks. He's none other than the guy sitting a mere 3 meters away from Kyungsoo, chuckling with his soccer mates. He's none other than him, Kim Jong In.   

 

Kyungsoo isn't picky. Kyungsoo isn't fussy. Kyungsoo isn't a primadonna of any sort. Kyungsoo doesn't want anything usually, he's good with whatever he has; he's alright with his clothes; he's okay with his meals; in short, Kyungsoo is pretty much satisfied. Contented.

But then, there's a problem.

 

That problem is Kim Jong In, to be specific.

 

Kyungsoo wants Kim Jong In. 

 

Jong In; even the way his name rolls off the tip of his tongue is perfect.

Jong In; the boy that makes Kyungsoo's hearts race whenever their shoulders brush in the hallway.

Jong In; the boy with the dazzling smile that makes the world stop spinning and everytime he flashes that illegally gorgeous smile of his, Kyungsoo feels like he's going to die from exhilaration.

 

Jong In; he's all Kyungsoo ever wants.

 

 

Kyungsoo tries to be normal; he really tries. But it's hard, when the object of your utmost desire, the person whose name has been on the tip of your tongues days and nights, the person who his heart aches for, is sitting right next to him. Kyungsoo wonders why Jongin doesn't talk to him. They've been seat mates since the start of the school term but they've only exchanged simple smiles, and nothing more. Not even a "good morning" leaves Jongin's lips, and truth to be told, Kyungsoo is sad. Kyungsoo frets that Jong In thinks he's weird. He takes extra care in his attire; uniform tucked in? Check. Hair brushed? Check. Deodorant? Check. What? Kyungsoo doesn't want to smell bad. No, not when Jong In is sitting next to him.

 

 

The day passes as normal and Kyungsoo watches as Jongin slips out of class with his group of friends. Soccer friends. Kyungsoo guesses that they're off to play soccer (again) and his lips are caught in a smile as he catches them walking out to the field. Bingo.

Kyungsoo is right. Kyungsoo is always right. At least, when it comes to Kim Jong In. 

He walks towards the window and peeks out. There's a perfect view of the field below. A perfect view of Jongin.

Kyungsoo watches in silence as Jongin kicks the ball right into the goal. He cheers for him in his mind but his heart is aching because he knows that he'll never be able to cheer for Jongin to hear. His smile grows wider as he watches Jongin do a little victory dance as he scores yet another goal.

Kyungsoo is happy. Only because Jongin is happy. Kyungsoo is smiling. Only because Jongin is beaming so very widely now.

 

"Wow, isn't this the mute kiddo?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter