Final

Last Wish

Final---Goodbye

 

 

"I wish this is just a dream."

"Mi Yun? Are you here?" The familiar voice asked. I turned around to see Joonmyun, one of my nurses. He is very caring of me, what a nice guy.

"How did you always find me? Im starting to think you injected some tracking device into my body and tracked me down." I joked but ended up coughing badly.

"Hey, you alright?" He came over and i nodded. "S-Still fine." 

"Its not early anymore Mi Yun. Go back to your ward." He said. "Just let me stay a little longer. I wanted to remember this sight before i die." 

"Mi Yun...you know you can get a cure. Why are you rejecting it? Is it because the survive rate for you is really low?" Joonmyun wrapped his arm around my waist. 

"You didnt hear what the doctor said, Joonmyun. I might not be able to survive." I said, feeling my legs go weak slightly and he held on me tighter before leading me back to my ward. 

"Arasso. I wont push you about-Mi Yun!" I fell, my whole body felt numbed. The time for me to surrender has come. I smile slightly at Joonmyun before the sight of him blurred and finally, everything was black.

 

"I cant believe she did this...She attempted to murder me Baek. Im-I-"

I kicked a can infront of me, my mind filled with the whole scene when Jessica was dying. My own best friend actually killed my girlfriend. I know, Mi Yun had took a liking in me ages ago but i just treated her like a younger sister. Until one day, i went to her apartment and discovered the fact that she has cancer.

It hit me hard and she told me to stay with her. I did so. However, a week later, Jessica was murdered. She was pushed in front of a speeding car by my very own best friend. I never knew Mi Yun was so selfish till that day.

"Hey, watch where you are kicking that can." A female voice was heard and i looked up. 

"Sorry." I mumbled and she just smiled. That familiar smile that reminds me of Mi Yun. "My names Taeyeon." She said. "Well, what is a girl doing here in the middle of the night?" I asked before sitting beside her. "By the way, my names Baekhyun."

"Oh im just trying to clear my mind here. Always walk along this street. But can you believe this? Last week, when i was strolling here again, i witnessed an accident." Taeyeon said and i froze. Last week. Jessica's death. Right here at this road.

"The two girls are quarreling. About some guy if im not wrong. The one that died, Jessica i think, was telling the other girl, Mi Yun to get away from her boyfriend whose name i cant hear. Jessica was furious yes, apparently, Mi Yun had told the guy to stay with her because of her cancer but Jessica didnt believe it and tried to push Mi Yun out to the road. I rushed over and stopped her. So, Jessica left but got hit by this speeding car that she tried to kill Mi Yun with. I guess...what goes around come around huh? She tried killing someone but in the end got killed herself."

I stayed silent, a tear slowly travelling down my cheek. I never know that the true story is this. Jessica's statement blinded me from everything. "Had i said too much?" Taeyeon whispered. I shook my head. "That guy...was me." 

 

"I regretted...come back please."

Here i am, in the hospital, crying over my best friend's death. I sat on the bench outside the hospital in the garden. Mi Yun is gone. She is dead. She didnt even wait for me to say sorry and spend the last day with her and just left. I couldnt get over the guiltiness.

"Baekhyun, right?" I looked up to see a man looking down at me, something in his hands that are behind his back. I nodded and he sat down beside me, revealing a box that he placed on his lap. 

"A lot of things happened when you left her. But i guess, you didnt make it in time." He looked down at the box. "Im Joonmyun, one of Mi Yun's nurses. Mi Yun pleaded me to do something for her if she dies before you came." He placed the box on my lap. "She bought this for you." 

He left, leaving me with my sorrow. I opened the box slowly. Chocolate. My favourite. A picture of the both of us lay on top of it. I picked it up. Slowly, i flipped the picture and saw writing. A really old one. She didnt write it recently. It was written long ago. 

This is my best friend.

No, i dont deserve to be your best friend.

Baekhyun is his name and he is very good guy.

No, Baekhyun is a bad guy.

He lights up my life and makes me smile along when he smiles.

No, i darken your world and made you cry.

He is always with me and i really like him. To be exact, love him.

No, i left you when you needed me the most. No, i dont deserve the love you had for me cause i just hurt you in the end.

Baekhyun, Saranghae~

A tear of mine escaped my eyes and the rest followed. Just as i was about to cover the box again, i saw a yellow note on the underside of the cover. Probably by the Joonmyun guy.

You wouldnt have come if you didnt know what happened huh? Mi Yun really loves you, she wont stop talking about you. You should hace seen her face everyday. It speaks how sad she is. But it is too late, Byun Baekhyun. Mi Yun already left. I put in the photo purposely, she didnt put it. I wanted you to understand just one thing. Mi Yun gave up her life cause she thinks that she is already dead when you left her. She could have lived. She could have gone to her operation and sit beside you, laughing and chatting. But no, you crushed her hopes that day. And she gave up on herself.

I couldnt control the tears anymore. My eyes are like a broken tap, not able to stop tears from flowing out. I unwrapped a chocolate and ate it. It...its taste....

 

It tastes bittersweet.