I Would

I Would

Myungsoo walks around the house with only his pajama on, looking through the photos arranged nicely on the wall and table in the living room. In all those photos is a beautiful boy in any kind of poses and expressions, whether looking at the camera or somewhere else. Myungsoo smiles at those photos, making his tired and swollen eyes come to life even only for a bit. One particular photo that is hanging on the wall catches his attention, making him smile even wider. It is the only one that has two boys, close to each other, smiling widely to the camera.

 

"Hyung, stop taking pictures of me! The living room is already full with my pictures. And it's already your 10th photo album of me. Don't you get tired of it?" a beautiful boy said with a beautiful smile on his face. The one he was talking to put down the camera after taking another shot of the smiling boy in front of him.

"I will never get tired of it, Jongie-ah. I plan to have the whole house filled with your photos and have hundreds of photo albums of you." the boy with the camera said, smiling. Sungjong cringed and walked toward the boy.

"Myungsoo hyung, you sound like a freak, you know?" Myungsoo chuckled hearing Sungjong's words.

"Yeah, I know. But I am your freak." he said, brushing his index finger to Sungjong's nose tip, making the younger giggled softly.

"Hyung, how about we take a picture together? And we'll put that on the wall in the living room. Make it the biggest one." Sungjong suggested, linking his hand with Myungsoo's. Myungsoo chuckled and got the camera ready. He liked Sungjong's idea. But maybe, he wouldn't make it too big.

They had lots of pictures together, but Myungsoo never printed them, only saving them in his computer. He only printed Sungjong's solo pictures, filling the house with them and having his own photo collection. That way, he would always feel the other's presence every time he was out and wouldn't feel alone in the house.

"Come on, come closer." Myungsoo said, pulling Sungjong by his waist to get closer to him. Then, both of them stared to the camera, smiles were widely plastered on their faces. "Hana...dul...set..." Click.

 

Myungsoo smiles upon remembering the beautiful memory he shared with Sungjong. It was their last vacation together to Japan, with Cherry Blossoms blooming along their way. But even the Cherry Blossoms couldn't really beat the beauty of Sungjong. None could beat his beauty. Never.

He strolls around the living room some more before he walks to the dining room, wanting to have his meal. There is already some food arranged nicely on the table, what he had prepared earlier this morning, before he took a walk around the house. It has been his habit for quite long. Wake up, prepare food, stroll around the house, have his meal, sleep, and repeat, three times a day. He doesn't know how he still really manages to live like that. He doesn't really work anymore, got fired to be exact, after being absent for over a week without any notice. But his mother will always come by once a week to restock his supplies and check after him. He actually doesn't like to trouble her and make his parents worried over him, but his life has no meaning anymore.

 

"Hyung, I'm going to move out. It's getting more uncomfortable living with you." Sungjong suddenly said in the middle of their breakfast time, in a rather cold tone, making Myungsoo lifted his head up from the food in front of him, shocked.

"What? Why?" Myungsoo asked, confused. He doesn't understand. As far as he knew, they were happily living together, and there was no problem between them. They even still cuddled last night when they went to bed.

"I'm just gonna be straight to you, hyung. I cheat on you." he said staring at Myungsoo. His gaze was different. There was no more love in it, only coldness that shot right through the other's heart. And the pain his words caused was evident in the other's eyes.

For a moment, the room was filled with a cold silence, not the comfortable silence Myungsoo used to feel. He could feel how tense he was. He wanted to say something, but his lips seemed to had frozen and didn't want to cooperate.

When Sungjong got no response from Myungsoo, he continued his little speech. "His name is Lee Sungyeol. It's been quite a while, and I'm tired of living two lives. Eventually, I have to choose, and I choose him." Myungsoo could feel Sungjong's words pierced right through his heart, tearing it apart. He felt it somehow before this, before Sungjong told him everything, that Sungjong started to change. He could feel that the other started to shift apart of him, but he shook it off, thinking that it was only his negative feeling. He never thought that it was not only his negative feeling at all. Sungjong did start to change.

"But why?" Myungsoo finally let his voice out after being silent for a long time. "Did I do something wrong? Something that hurts you? Or am I lacking something? I......"

"You did nothing wrong, hyung." Sungjong said, cutting him off. "You never did anything that will hurt me. You treat me like a porcelain doll that can easily break and should be handled with so much care. And you'll always do anything to make me happy." he stopped a bit, sighing, before he continued again. "It's just.....my heart chooses him. I'm sorry, hyung. I really am."

Myungsoo's world crashed down from then on. Sungjong didn't choose him. Sungjong chose another man. He bows his head, releasing a heavy and long breath. The food Sungjong made, which would always boost up his appetite whenever, had no affection over him anymore. He had lost his appetite the second Sungjong said those painful words. And the pain seemed to had crept up his eyes as the tears started to build up and eventually fell down his cheeks like a waterfall. He then got up from his seat, not even taking a small glance at Sungjong, and walked to the bedroom, their bedroom.

 

Myungsoo stares at the empty plate on the table, which is now filled with drops of tears, his own tears. He doesn't realize that he has been crying until his stomach grumbles, making him chuckles bitterly and wipes the tears away his cheeks. He gets up from his seat and walks to his bedroom, not wanting to eat anymore. He has lost his appetite.

The lifeless boy lies down on the bed as he pulls Sungjong's teddy bear into his embrace, the only thing he begged Sungjong to leave behind. Tears start to fall down his cheeks again as he hugs the teddy bear tighter. He remembers it vividly. Every moments with Sungjong are recorded clearly in his mind and heart, especially that day when he left 2 years ago, which also left behind a huge scar in his heart. That cold back, which was facing him as the younger walked away with his suitcase, as if saying a hurtful silent goodbye. And his soft, almost unheard, 'sorry' as he pulled the bedroom door closed. He remembers it clearly like a movie playing in his mind.

Myungsoo turns around to look at a photo on the table beside his bed, and stares at it lovingly. It's his favorite photo of Sungjong, where he looks the most beautiful. He stretches his lips into a smile on his face, a painful bitter smile, as his eyes keep producing tears that keep falling down his cheeks.

"Jongie-ah, tell me how I should continue living if you're not even here with me. These photos are not enough for me anymore. I can no longer feel your presence through them anymore. I feel lonely....."

A long pause. Only sniffles can be heard in the room as Myungsoo keeps crying while hugging the teddy bear even tighter, inhaling the faint smell of Sungjong in the teddy bear. A very faint smell. His eyes are still glued to the photo, even though his sight is blurred by the tears.

"Tell me how you did it, walking away from me that easily after all the time we've spent together. Tell me how, Sungjongie. Tell me how, so I can do it, too."

 

 

If I could just get over you I would

Don't wanna love you anymore

And missing you is like fighting a war

It's a battle I'm losing

And I'd give up boy if I could

If I could walk away as easily as you

I would...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N..................................

fiuuuhh~~ here it is..oh my poor myungjong heart..I felt like crying when writing this.. ㅠㅠ

the song is too sad you know, and the fact that I actually separate myungjong.. ;A;

so, what do you think about this?^^ hehe

COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!^^ toodles~^^