Training

I Deal Scenario

You ran with your sports bad in one hand and your pumps in the other. When you reached the gym doors, you tried to stop, but with only socks on, that was out of the question.

You were sliding towards the door while swaying from side to side with your arms out to the side for balance.

“Ahhh!!” you screamed when you saw the doors come closer and closer.

You prepared for the hard greeting of the gym doors but it never came. You shielded your face with your hands.

*That’s strange…* you peeked from underneath your fingers. You found L.Joe looking down at you and he was holding your arm ever so lightly that you didn’t notice until he let go of you.

He had one eyebrow raised in a questioning manner. “What were you doing?”

You straightened yourself up and beamed a massive ‘thank-you’ smile at him.

“L.Joe! Thank you so much for stopping me! I couldn’t stop myself and I thought I was going to face plant into the doors…” you trailed off and sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck.

“Volleyball?”

You nodded. “We have a competition coming up.”

“Training’s cancelled,” L.Joe had his back to you now and his eyes were plastered to a note posted on the door.

“What?” you looked at him weirdly.

He moved out of your line of vision and you peered at the note.

“No training for the girls’ volleyball team today since the coach is sick…” you mumbled what it said on the letter. *Why didn’t Rika or Gyuri tell me?* you grumbled silently. “I ran here for nothing.”

L.Joe just looked at the disappointment written all over your face.

*I could have stayed with Infinite…* you sighed and turned to leave.

An idea popped into L.Joe’s mind.

“Go change,” he walked over to the doors of the gym ad opened them.

“But training’s-“ you got cut off.

“It just started,” L.Joe dragged you by the wrist gently towards the girls’ change room and pushed you inside. “Give me your volleyball.”

*He knows I have a volleyball?* you rummaged through your bag and tossed him the volleyball.

He caught it with one hand and turned his back on you.

That was your cue to go and change.

*He’s helping me train?* you looked over your shoulder to see L.Joe setting up the volleyball net.

 

You came out in your volleyball training outfit and scouted for L.Joe. He was by the far wall practicing his spikes.

*He’s really good…* you walked over to the already set up net. “I’m ready!”

L.Joe caught the ball he had just spiked and walked over to the court. “My side, your side,” he pointed to each half of the court.

You went over to your side of the court and went down in a low crouch.

L.Joe jump served the ball and you successfully dug it. You spiked it over the net but L.Joe was quick on his feet.

The game was intense with the ball flying over and over the net.

In the end, it was a tie.

---------------

L.Joe :D