Part V

Only Wanting Prelude - Come Home Bradley

“Underline” = speaking in English

 

“Normal” = speaking Korean

 

Please note there's a bit of naughty language used here, just a heads up warning for people! 

 

Part V

 

“So let me get this straight,” Jongki said slowly and deliberately trying to process everything that he had been told in the last ten minutes, “You got fired for having a daughter which you knew nothing about?”

 

Gently Bradley nodded, shifting a little on the bed which had previously been his and brushed a few stray strands of his red hair out of his eyes, “Yeah. They were furious for me not declaring that I had Saki...I tried to tell them that I honestly didn’t know anything about her but you know what the CEO and his motley crew are like.”

 

Boy did Jongki know about that, this whole situation would most certainly land them in very hot water if anyone found out that Bradley was here with them now. Jongki gently shook his head once again, “But why not just tell us that and stop us from getting in contact with one another. That just makes no sense.”

 

Bradley shrugged, “The latter I don’t know about, the former...” he sighed, “I didn’t want to say anything at the time cause I hadn’t got the full confirmation that Saki was mine but I did want to give you guys an explanation. But Isuel just thought it’d be best for me to keep my mouth shut.”

 

“Isuel knows?”

 

“Of course he bloody does,” the elder sighed, keeping his mismatched eyes down, “that ruddy usually knows about things well before anyone else. I’m surprised he didn’t try to use this whole situation against you all...one bad egg, all bad eggs.” Idly he ran his hands back and forth against each other in an expression of nervous habit, “I’m sorry, Jongki, I didn’t mean to cause so much pain for you guys but I thought that I would be able to get in contact with you after a few days. Didn’t realise that they would place an embargo on us all,” uncharacteristically Bradley sighed long and hard, staring out of the window onto the bitter rain, “It’s all my fault.”

 

For a second, Jongki considered his next words. This situation was a mess, even he knew it and there were so many problems that could be caused from it. If the company found out that Bradley was back here in the dorms with them then were was liable to be a whole load of hell but could he honestly let the other go once again. He paused in thought for a few moments, reliving the last few months worth of feelings and stresses since the other had ‘left’ and let all of the sadness, hatred, grief and desperation wash over him again just to find out what he really felt about this strange story.

 

The leader of Bright Side gave into his base emotions and moved to sit besides the other, wrapping him in another hug. They had escaped the chaos of the main dorm to their shared bedroom, it was generally the only place the pair got any form of privacy – even though they had shared it with Kyung and Sang – and it was just easier for them both. “It’s not your fault...well not entirely your fault,” gently he pressed a kiss to the smaller man’s head, “I just wish we could have found this all out together.”

 

“What so we could have both been fired at the same time?” Bradley said with a bit of a laugh but returned the hug with just about the same level of urgency and need as Jongki was giving him. God how he had missed this, he would give anything to be back with these lovable, crazy and half insane boys whom were so precious to him. “No...I would’ve hated it if that crazy ex had turned up in front of all of you with Saki.”

 

“At least you wouldn’t have had to face the CEO alone though, right?” Jongki said gently, not letting go of the hug.

 

Bradley smiled faintly, “True, that wasn’t a pleasant exchange in the slightest. How the hell you can go through it time and again I don’t know Jongki.”

 

“Hell even I don’t know that,” the hug broke naturally between the pair and they remained side by side for a few long seconds of silence. “Though how did you let them know your address? Kyung and co I mean.”

 

Bradley gently shook his head, sending a few stray drops of water from his hair flying back and forth at the same time, “I didn’t actually manage to get the full story out of them in regards to it. They’re claiming that it’s a fan that found me and got the message through to them but with those three…it’s hard to tell.”

 

“If it were Sunwoo, Sang and Kiyeol then I would suspect that the story was a little iffy,” Jongki said carefully, “But with the others there’s probably a whole lot of truth in it. I still wish they had turned around and told me what they were up to though. I could have come and helped.”

 

“Jong Jong,” Bradley said with a grin, knowing that Jongki wasn’t overly fond of that nickname at the best of times, “Don’t take this the wrong way but if you had got the message you would have had more kittens than you had tonight and would have more than likely got yourself hurt or in bigger trouble in the process somehow or other. Not that you didn’t with your hyperactive ‘let's yell at the boys in the dark routine’ of course,” there was a couple of bruises already beginning to form on Bradley’s arm from where he had been half forced into the wall, “Plus the state they found me in...”

 

Jongki blinked, “Pardon?”

 

Blinking, Bradley grimaced a little, “Oh yeah, you don’t know about that bit.”

 

“What bit?”

 

“Well...” it was Bradley’s turn to try and work out how best to explain things before opting to go for the safest route of telling the truth, “Me and Saki got caught out in the rain and were pretty much soaked to the bone. Well I was, Saki had her little rain coat but that’s beside the point. My house was broken into whilst I was picking her up from the child minders and they pretty much took everything of value and trashed everything else.” Glancing up at the other, he sighed, “Don’t start, Jongki, please. I’ve already had enough grief from the others.”

 

“Someone wrecked your house? Oh Mama Bear,” Jongki stared at the other, “What did you lose?”

 

“Nothing that I couldn’t replace,” Bradley tried not to think about some of the things that he had more than likely lost. Precious photographs, silly little mementoes, gifts and those little pieces of junk that held memories. Gently he shook his head, feeling a tidal wave of emotions beginning to bounce through his head and heart now that he was actually thinking about his situation clearly, “Actually probably a whole lot that I can’t replace...I didn’t get that good of a look before the power got cut.” Slowly he lowered his head, “No insurance either, it was too expensive after clearing off the hospital bills. You’d think I would at least have that sorted.”

 

They were hugging again, taking comfort in one another and trying to mull over their next thoughts. Bradley felt himself tearing up again, vaguely trying to work out how he was even going to break even on this situation. The full extent of the reality of what he was facing was something he hadn’t had the chance to consider until this moment. In the grand scheme of things he would be extraordinarily lucky to have a place to live after the damage from the raid and the weather, there was next to no money in his accounts to cover the cost of trying to get half of his stuff back, he had a young daughter to feed and had to consider the fact that she had still had a few months worth of medication to take as. “,” he said to himself, giving in at long last, “What am I going to do, Jongki? What am I supposed to do now? I can’t even afford...”

 

Letting the other give into his desperation, as Bradley quite literally broke down at that moment, Jongki just held him and closed his eyes. It felt a little strange as normally Mama Bear was the emotional rock but given everything that he had gone through in the last few months, he was surprised that the elder hadn’t broken down before hand. He tried to imagine what he would have done if he had been in this situation, discovering that he had a daughter which he knew nothing about and getting fired from the job that he loved to the ends of the earth and decided that Mama Bear was more of a man than he was. Whilst he was still extremely annoyed at the boys for going behind his back and probably ing them into a whole heap of more trouble, he couldn’t help but just feel extremely proud of them as well. They had gone and found Mama Bear and pulled him back, unknowingly at the time, from the very deadly brink of despair which he would have more than likely ended up in.

 

He also mentally made a note to ensure that the fan that had gotten the information to them that led to this moment would get something extraordinarily special as long as they had their contact details. Feeling the tears subsiding a little, after a good ten minutes or so of constant crying, Jongki placed another kiss on Bradley’s head and sighed, “For now, you stay with us and get yourself and your daughter sorted out. You are not going home until I say so,” he placed his fingers onto the other’s lips to stop him from cutting into his current little rant, “You’ll be safe here with us at least for the weekend and you know that you can borrow what you need from any of us. I’m sure even Kiyeol would be glad to lend you stuff. I only wish that we could have gotten to you sooner.”

 

Staring at his leader for a few seconds, Bradley felt his heart was about to burst and without thinking he placed his lips on the others in a tightly passionate kiss. Jongki didn’t flinch, returning the kiss with just as much passion as Mama Bear was giving him. There was nothing between them; it was a purely platonic thing that they occasionally did in private. It had been a long running joke that they had been married in a previous life as the pair were extremely affectionate towards one another, as well as very occasional ‘friends with benefits’ on the odd occasion but it was something that never affected their friendship. They loved each other mutually but there was no way that they were ever going to get involved in a relationship with one another. Of course, naturally the others didn’t know about the ‘benefits’ as it had only happened two times between them, once when they had gotten absolutely blind sided drunk on a night out and woke up the next morning with next to no memory of what had happened but with plenty of evidence to suggest what had happened and the other time had just been something that had happened.

 

They hadn’t even been drunk at the time and it was yet another subject that was put into the ‘don’t talk about it’ category.

 

Though if asked later about the kiss if anyone had witnessed it, Bradley would simply say that he reacted that way as he felt nothing but complete love for the other in those few precious seconds. Breaking apart, Jongki flushed a bright red but hugged the other just a little tighter, “We should get back to the others, Brad, I think they’re going to be super jealous of me keeping hold of you for so long.”

 

Grinning a little, Bradley wiped his eyes on his sleeve and shook his head, “Other way round, Jongki, Saki’s with them. She’ll have those boys wrapped around her little finger,” he sniffed again, still clearly not fully over everything and flopped unceremoniously onto Jongki, “Just give me five more minutes okay? I don’t want to cry in front of them anymore.”

 

“Sure thing, Mama Bear,” Jongki said, holding onto the other and gently began drawing circles on his back, “Sure thing.”

 

 

 

A.N –

Okay, so those two have been naughty with one another a couple of times. Amazing what you learn unexpectedly ain’t it Soundy lol ^^