[ Pro/Epilogue ]

Love Is Love, Silly

 

 

Jungkook

 

 

The first week

 

 

It's been kind of difficult transitioning from middle school to high school. I'm not exactly the most outgoing type—and everyone else looks so much older than me.

 

But it's okay, I suppose. I'll fare as long as I stay out of trouble, right?

 

Being a 1st year in high school, it's kind of unavoidable to look at the 3rd or even 2nd year noonas. It's not like middle school, where we were all literally children. Oh god, I feel like such a creep now.

 

That was besides the point. I didn't plan to get to know any of the noonas; I would die of embarrassment if I did tried.

 

The first week was okay. I knew people here are there and vice versa. It seemed like everything would be okay.

 

“Watch out!” I heard someone yell before I felt a hand on my back and a strong force. I was pushed to the sides, tripping over my feet and fell onto the ground.

 

In front I saw a skateboard rolling to a stop. Pain started to hit, specifically on where my left hand rubbed against the concrete.

 

“Are you okay?! I'm so sorry!” a girl ran over to me.

 

I looked at the girl—long brown hair, clear skin, pretty face. I glanced at her nametag: Yook Na Ra; 3rd year.

 

I nodded, until my hand brushed against my blazer. “Ah!” I cringed.

 

“I'm sorry,” she said. “I—I was playing with my friend's skateboard. Do you need to go to the nurse...Jungkook-shi?” she held out her hand.

 

I grabbed it quickly and pushed myself up the rest of the way. Standing up, I realized she was also a little shorter than me. “It's okay. I'll be fine.”


“Are you sure?” she said.

 

I bowed, “I'm sure. Thank you.”

 

“Okay then, be careful.”


She grabbed the skateboard and then ran off. I looked at my scathed hand and sighed. So much for staying out of trouble. When I looked around, everyone was staring at me. Was it weird that I fell? Does no one fall or something?


One guy went over to me and pat me on the back, “Are you crazy?”

 

“W-what?” I asked.

 

“Do you even know who that was?” he said. “That girl.”

 

I shook my head. Did I do something bad?

 

“She's one of the most popular third years,” he grinned. “You even got to touch her hand!”

 

He grabbed my hand enthusiastically, but I pulled away quickly. “I don't understand...”


“She doesn't usually talk to many guys,” he said. “Most people are too chicken to talk to her, too.”


“Why?”


“She's the queen of rejections.”


I gave him a weird look. Why did this is even apply to me, anyway?

 

“Well...it's more like it's pretty clear she doesn't like anyone,” he sighed. “So you—you're lucky.”


I nodded. “Okay then.”


“Maybe you actually have a chance with her?” he laughed.

 

I rolled my eyes and went inside the school. That girl was pretty but—


When it was time for the vocals class, I just realized that she was in my class. I caught her eye, and she jumped over to me.

 

“Oh it's you! Are you in this class?” she said.

 

I nodded, and looked at my hand that I forgot to clean. I hid it behind me and attempted to walk to my seat.

 

She came to me again a minute later and handed me a band-aid. “Use this. It looks like you didn't have time to clean it, so at least use it so it won't get infected accidentally.”

 

“It's okay,” I said.

 

She grabbed my left hand and opened the band-aid. “It'll sting just a little.”


She placed the band-aid securely onto the wound. I guess it did sting, but all I could pay attention to was my heart. Damn it, she was pretty.

 

Giving me a successful smile, she ruffled my hair and giggled. “See, it's better now, right?”


I nodded shyly and stared at my desk. If I looked at her any longer, I would think my eyes were going crazy because I swore I saw sparkles. I sniffled and rubbed my nose awkwardly, trying to hide the red that rose in my cheeks.

 

Then, I heard a backpack hit the chair to the left of me and a person sit down. I looked over and saw it was the pretty noona.

 

“Nara,” she held her hand out. “Park Nara, third year.”


“I'm...Jungkook. F-first year,” I shook her head in embarrassment. Why would she sit next to me? Now I have to avoid looking to my left the rest of the period.

 

“Shy?” she asked, resting her head on the desk over crossed arms, turned towards me. “It's okay. I was like that, too.”


I looked at her and smiled. “You're cute.” she said, making me blush again.

 

I coughed, “Ah...”


She laughed, “You are. No need to thank me.”


You're the one who's cute... I thought. Ah dammit why am I like this?

 

“Let's be friends,” she said.

 

I looked at her. She wasn't anything like what that guy said to me in the morning. She seemed fine talking with guys.

 

“I don't usually do this,” she clarified. “If that's what you're thinking. I don't talk to guys much, but you remind me of a little brother that I never had.”

 

I would be lying if I said that didn't hurt.

 

“L-let's be friends, then,” I said.

 

She brightened, “Okay! Hope there's no hard feelings about me pushing you at first?”

 

I shook my head, “None.”



No hard feelings. No chances with her. No way I should like her.

 

 

 

 

On my way walking home, I decided to stop by a convenience store to grab a quick snack. There was probably food at home, but because I got out of school later today, it would be cold and it didn't taste nearly as good as when it was warmer.

 

I decided to buy a carton of a banana milk and those convenience store buns. At the register, I was in the midst of taking my wallet out when someone said, “All together, please.”

 

I looked at the person who placed their own carton of milk and bread onto the counter and I was surprised to see Nara.

 

“Nara-noona,” I voiced, shocked.

 

She grinned and greeted me enthusiastically. “Don't worry, I'll pay for you.”

 

I shook my head, pushing down on her hands that were taking bills out. “No, I have enough.”


“Take it as my apology and come walk home with me,” she said, not wavering. She handed the cashier the money, whom hesitantly took it, not sure what was happening.

 

“W-what?” I asked.

 

“It's getting dark, you know. You should me,” she said, nodding.

 

Nara took the change and the food that was then promptly placed into a plastic bag and we both headed out of the convenience store.

 

The sun was setting at this time, and she was heading the same way as I was home, so I decided to agree to take her back.

 

“Here you go,” she handed me my bun as she took out hers. We got different flavors, so I checked to make sure I got the right one.

 

“Thank you,” I said, opening it and taking a bite. Should I talk to her? Or try to make a conversation?

 

“We're friends right?” she said, before I could even think of anything to say.

 

“Huh? Yeah,” I said, looking at the floor as I walked.

 

“Then you don't need to be awkward or anything,” she said.

 

“Ah...”

 

“Unless you're usually quiet, I mean, that's okay too,” she smiled, throwing her arms over my shoulders, even though I was taller.

 

I couldn't help but smile, and I wasn't really sure why. I shook my head to deny that I was that shy. Now I had to say something so it wouldn't be awkward again. “You...you like meat buns?” I asked her, looking at the bun she held in her hand.

 

She nodded, “Yup! I love meat! Want to try some?”

 

“Neh,” I nodded my head rapidly because I did want to try it.

 

I was expecting her to rip a piece off and give it to me, but she held it in front of my mouth. “Here,” she grinned, waiting for me to take a bite. After me hesitating for a bit too long, she retracted her bread and asked, “Oh, do you not like to share food like this? Do you want me to rip it?”

 

“U—uh,” I stammered. I at making conversations with her.

 

I watched her peel a corner of untouched bun and then she held it in front of my mouth. I slowly opened my mouth and felt her fingers brush my lips and the bread fall inside.

 

“It's...it's good,” I smiled as I chewed the food. My heart was racing because of what Nara did, though. Just the thought of her feeding me made me feel weak.

 

Damnnnn.

 

I clutched my own bread after I swallowed. Maybe I should offer some of mines, too? I looked at her and brought my bun near her, “Do you want to try this too? It's a melon flavored, one. Not meat.” I laughed at myself, hoping that she would laugh too.

 

She giggled and said, “Sure!”

 

With her arms still around my shoulder, she pulled herself closer to me and opened for me to give her a piece. Trying to not panic at her closeness with me, I just held the bun in front. “You—you can just take a bite.”

 

“Are you sure? I thought you didn't like it.”


I shook my head, “No I was just kind of...um shy. I guess.”

 

“Aiyo,” she said, pinching my cheeks with two fingers, “You're so cuteeee.~”

 

“Yah—Nara-noona,” I pulled away.

 

Grabbing onto my hand that was holding the bun to steady it, she then took a bite of the bread. I noticed her hands were really smooth and small, I wanted to just hold it in my hands.

 

“Mmmm,” she expressed, giving a thumbs up. “It's good! I might get it next time.”



“Yeah,” I smiled. “I'll buy one for you. Because you didn't have to pay for mines.”



“Eh, no don't do that!” she said. “It's compensation! I feel really bad. Because this is the first week of high school for you—and I've already hurt you.”

 

“Nara—”

 

“Just call me noona,” she grinned. “It's cuter like that.”

 

Just calling her by that made my throat clog up. Saying her name firstand then noona would be out of respect. But just saying noona...it's like we're really close?

 

“Say it~” she teased.

 

“U—uh”

She was waiting for me to say it, wasn't she? I gulped and breathed in, “Noo..na...”

 

She laughed and gave me a thumbs up. “Yes you said it right!”

 

I rolled my eyes, “I'm Korean!”

 

“Really?!” she acted surprised. Sarcastically, she responded, “I couldn't tell! You seemed to just suddenly forget how to speak when I told you to say it!”

 

“Noona!” I shouted.

 

“What what?” she grinned.

 

“I'm just saying it to say it! Happy now?” I said, grinning my face off as well.

 

“Yeahhh—I'm ecstatic~ Keep calling me that, okay?” she said, before heading towards a house's gate. “Well, here's my house.”

 

“Oh,” I said. “Okay, then bye noona.” I waved to her as she was behind the gate now.

 

She waved back, “Get home safely, okay?”

 

I nodded and continued my way home, skipping lightly. Something about her made me really happy for some reason. And in the midst of that, I guess I figured that it was kind of too late to say I didn't like her.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

“So that's when you started liking me?” Nara grinned enthusiastically, her palms of her hands pressed against her blushing cheeks. Dammit why was she so cute? “That's so adorable~”

 

I rubbed my nose as I rocked back and forth on the couch. “No noona that was emba—” I was going to protest because I was embarrassed after telling her my story but then she gave me a big hug.

 

“I'm glad you did,” she said, her arms still around me and her face against my arm.

 

“I'm glad you did, too,” a huge grin automatically appeared on my face. Excitedly, I hugged her tightly in return, just like I had.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

 

pst i don't really think i had anything going here it's just fluff of when jungkook started liking nara aheheheh.

okay yeah i'm done now :D

thanks for reading ^^ upvote and comment , it'd be the best!