Chapter 3

Gone, Gone, Gone

The next morning Zhou Mi was up getting ready for his interview.  He searched around for some clothes that weren't too casual or overly dressy.  After scrounging for a bit, he settled with a black pair of jeans, and a button up white shirt, in which he left the top button open.  In the midst of his search, he accidentally woke up Kyuhyun.

"What's up Zhou Mi?" Kyuhyun yawned, stretching his arms.

"I'm just getting ready for my interview at noon."

"Can I come with you?" Kyuhyun asked eagerly, getting up from their bed.

"If you don't mind hanging out in the restaurant, sure." Zhou Mi said fixing his collar.

"I'll get ready real quick then."

Kyuhyun threw on a plaid button up over a white wife beater and some ripped up jeans, not bothering to do anything with his hair, again, before rushing out to the living room.  It was 11.20 AM.  

Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun got to the restaurant at exactly noon.  Walking up to one of the workers, Zhou Mi smiled and began talking.

"Yes, hello, I'm here for a job interview.  I stopped in here yesterday to see if you were hiring and your manager told me to come back today..."

"oh, yes, wait here just a second sir."

The worker went into the back room and came out with a stern looking woman.  She motioned for Zhou Mi to sit in a booth with her for the interview, but both Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun sat down, and that seemed to be a problem.

"Is he being interviewed too?" She asked gesturing at Kyuhyun, "because if he isn't, I'm going to have to ask him to leave."

"Kyuhyun, can you go sit outside for a bit?" Zhou Mi said handing Kyuhyun a tiny bit of money, "go buy a snack or go to the arcade or something.  I'll be done as soon as I can."

Kyuhyun nodded quickly not wanting to wreck the chances of his brother being hired.  He got up and stepped outside into the sweltering summer heat.  Taking the money he got from Zhou Mi, he went to a soda machine across the street and bought two colas.  One for him, one for his brother.  Sitting back down on the curb he sat on yesterday, he began to drink his soda.

After 10 minutes a man walked up to Kyuhyun and started talking to him.

"Excuse me, sir? I've been having some troubles with my car and I was wondering if you could help me out a bit."

Kyuhyun thought the man looked nice enough, though he didn't know much about cars, it would pass the time.

"I'll see what I can do..."Kyuhyun started to get up from his sitting position.

"Thanks a bunch!" The man sighed out loud, his dimple appearing as he smiled at Kyuhyun, "you look pretty young, how old are you boy?"

"I'm 16 and my name is Kyuhyun, nice to meet you." he extended his hand for the dimpled man to shake.

"My name is Jung Soo, but people call me Leeteuk." He shook Kyuhyun's hand firmly.

"So, where's your car?" Kyuhyun asked looking around.

"It's just up the street a little bit further." the man said pointing at a gray van a block away, "I think there's something wrong with the back, come look at it."

Leeteuk pulled Kyuhyun by the wrist to the van, "the back door seems kinda crooked if you ask me.  It's not shutting properly making the door ajar dinger go off all the time, it's just annoying."

Not wanting to seem stupid Kyuhyun nodded as if he knew what he was doing and took a step closer to inspect it.

Leeteuk couldn't help but laugh and think to himself, "how naive can this kid be?" Sneaking up behind Kyuhyun, he put him in a headlock.

Kyuhyun didn't know what was happening, one minute he was looking at a car, the next Leeteuk had him restrained and was yelling to somebody named Yesung in the van.

"What is this? Wha'ts going on?!" Kyuhyun yelled, clearly panicked at the man's sudden change in behavior. 

His questions were ignored as the back doors of the van swung open to reveal a shorter male with dark hair and a round face.  Kyuhyun assumed this was the Yesung that Leeteuk was shouting to earlier, and then it finally clicked after he saw what was in Yesung's hands: chloroform, a rag, and zip ties.  This is what  Zhou Mi had always warned him about, kidnapping.  Kyuhyun's fight or flight response kicked in, and it was the fight, he tried to kick his captors legs in any attempt to make him let go.  After failed attempts of biting and kicking, he began screaming.

"ZHOU MI! BIG BROTHER HELP ME!! PLEASE! ANYBODY!" tears of fear began welling up in his eyes and he started sobbing.  Yesung hopped down from the back of the van and covered Kyuhyun's nose and mouth with the chloroform soaked rag.  Kyuhyun breathed in the fumes and began coughing, instantly his surroundings went foggy, time seemed to slow down, and everything was blurred in slow motion.


During the beginning of the interview Zhou Mi kept glancing out at Kyuhyun to make sure he was ok.  He didn't feel comfortable leaving Kyuhyun outside by himself, but if he had to that in order to get a job, so be it. Every time he looked out of the front windows of the restaurant, he could see Kyuhyun's curly unkempt hair blowing in the wind.  Ten minutes into the interview, Zhou Mi looked outside again to see Kyuhyun talking to a stranger.  He almost gasped out loud when he saw Kyuhyun get up and walk away with the strange man.

Stomach filling with worry, he prayed for the interview to go faster so he could check on Kyuhyun.  He talked faster to the manager only pausing when he heard something that made his blood run cold.  It was Kyuhyun screaming his name, pleading for someone to save him.


A/n: I promised it would be exciting!!! I seriously need to stop updating so often though...it's just that I have nothing to do and I have my story all written out and i'm excited for people to read it.  Anyways, thank you subscribers for taking the time to read my story and thank you commenters for encouraging me!  See ya~!