Chapter 11

Assassin Twins

Krista’s POV

You didn’t have to say it. She knew you were mad that she screwed up. Hell she was mad that she screwed up. She wanted to show that she could do this on her own and she failed. Who knew when she would get another chance after this? Yeah Krista killed the target but she also left your  note in the living room, got cornered by the local police and had a full blown fire fight with her sister hanging outside of the SUV before you guys finally got to the airport. Krista just got back to SFO. You and Krista split at JFK to get back home around the same time. She went past security to baggage claim to wait for you to show up. It took about 10 minutes before Krista seen you walking past baggage claim not even attempting to acknowledge her. She hurriedly ran out to follow you to the car that was waiting. Jiyong was also waiting with the car, a big smile across his face.

GD: You guys have fun?

You looked at Krista before glaring back at him.

Krista: I wouldn’t say fun. But I definitely learned from it.

You: You better have.

You gave Jiyong your bag before getting into the back seat. Jiyong looked at Krista questioningly and she just shrugged in response before following him to put her bag in the back as well. Krista wanted to avoid you so she sat in the front seat while Jiyong took the seat next to you. As soon as Jiyong got in the car you laid onto his chest and sighed deeply.

GD: That bad? So Krista what happened?

Krista: I messed up the directions because I couldn’t read the code fast enough.

GD: Hmmm. But did everything else go as planned?

Krista: I got him if that counts.

GD: It does.

You: But so does leaving a note with my writing in the apartment, getting us into the biggest fire fight Moscow has seen in 10 years and making me kill, last I checked, 14 officers just for the hell of it seeing as it wasn’t my job.

Krista: You’re mad, huh?

You: Psh. I’m not mad. I’m pissed off, hell I’m livid.

GD: Hey it can’t be as bad as Seungri.

You: You’re right. It’s worse.

Talk about adding salt to the wound. Krista heard her sister say that she was worse than the worst member on the team. How was she going to make it into the group now? You pulled up to the house and Krista got out. Jiyong followed but you stayed in the car.

GD: You coming?

You: No.

GD: Why not?

You: I’m fine. I’ll be up later.

GD: Sure you don’t want me to come with you.

You: I would prefer it if you baby sat my sister while I’m gone.

Krista: What?!

GD: Alright. Text me?

You: Yup.

He closed the door both of them ignoring Krista’s outburst as if it didn’t happen. She needed to be baby sat now. I mean technically that is what you did with work but this is different. You didn’t trust her to even make it home now. This was bull and she had to fix things to make them the way they were before. No wait. Better than they were before. The elevator opened and Krsiat saw Seungri and Taeyang waiting in the living room.

Seungri: So how’d it go?

Taeyang: Where’s _______?

Jiyong looked at Krista and then just looked back at the boys before answering for her.

GD: It didn’t go as planned and ______ went OTM. She’ll probably call later.

They just nodded as if they understood how badly Krista messed up without the story being told. Seungri had a smug smirk and Taeyang looked madder than usual. Jiyong was still the upbeat cheerful one which was kind of annoying.

Krista: Well…. I’m going to my room to sulk in peace if you don’t mind.

GD: I do mind. Until I’m told otherwise you aren’t leaving my sight so if you want me in your room as well-

Krista: Hell no!

GD: Then we stay here in the living room.

Krista: *sigh* Fine.

Your POV

You had to go debrief your dad of the situation. There was no doubt that your pay would be docked for the cost of bribing officials in Moscow to make the problem “go away”. Everyone on the 6th floor was business as usual until you came by. It was as if they could feel the storm that was brewing inside of you and wanted to stay clear. Even the guards moved well before you made it down the hall.

Dad: So how did it go?

You: Don’t patronize me. You know exactly how it went. I don’t appreciate the Russian government  almost having my writing as a sample.

Dad: A simple mistake. We all make them. She got the goal though, right?

You: That’s not the only thing that matters and no. We don’t all make those stupid silly mistakes. If she is going to be with my branch-

Dad: It’s not your branch! It’s mine! It’s my family and we do things my way and you know that!

You: If we did things your way this family would have been ran into the ground already! It’s not your family or your branch! You are running things from a loop hole that once grandpa is better won’t exist anymore and I will be running things. So if I was you I would think about what place I will be holding once that happens before you talk to me that way again. Do we have an understanding?

Dad: You are my daughter and-

You: Do you understand?

Dad: What I understand is that you have to do as I say for now.

You: No I don’t. I‘ve made enough money to live happily for the rest of my life and I’m sure Jiyong and Tae will come with me.

Dad: You wouldn’t.

You: Try me.

You looked at your dad as he contemplated your threat. He knew that the family wouldn’t survive without you, Jiyong, and Taeyang. It was only a matter of time before he cracked.

Dad: Alright. But I still control what happens with Krista.

You: She’s not my branch. Not my problem.

Dad: Good. I want her to go on her own for the next play.

You: Are you retarded! She barely made it out this time!

Dad: It won’t be as hard of a job and she will be put with Brian in the 4th branch to finish her training.

You didn’t argue. You just left the room to tell the guys and Krista what had been decided.